The Goldman Sachs HirevUE interview questions are designed to test your knowledge and understanding of the company, its products and services as well as your ability to think critically and solve problems.
This post provides sample Goldman Sachs Hirevue interview questions (with answers) to help you gain understanding of what to expect at the interview and boost your chances of success.
What do Interviewers look for in a Goldman Sachs Hirevue Interview?
When taking a Goldman Sachs Hirevue interview, here are things interviewers may look for:
- How you will contribute to their firm
- Whether or not you have the skills necessary to succeed in this role.
10 Most Common Goldman Sachs Hirevue Interview Questions (with Answers)
Here are commonly asked Goldman Sachs Hirevue interview questions you can practice with:
- Tell me about yourself.
I am a senior associate with more than 15 years of experience in wealth management, the capital market, and corporate finance.
I hold an MBA from Columbia University and graduated magna cum laude from Cornell University where I earned my Bachelor’s degree in economics.
2. Why are you interested in working for Goldman Sachs?
I was very impressed by the diversity of opportunities available within Goldman Sachs.
The firm offers many different career paths including private equity, M&A advisory, fixed income sales and trading, research, technology, and much more.
I believe that there is no better place to work if you want to be challenged and grow professionally.
3. How would you describe your management style?
My management style is collaborative and consultative. I enjoy building strong relationships with colleagues and clients and take pride in helping others achieve success.
4. What are some examples of your strengths?
My strength lies in my analytical thinking and problem solving abilities. I am able to quickly identify issues and challenges and develop creative solutions.
My team has benefited greatly from these qualities.
5. What are your weaknesses?
My weakness is that I can sometimes come across as too critical or impatient. I try to keep myself grounded and focus on the positive aspects of life.
6. What are your short-term goals?
My short term goal is to continue growing my professional network and build upon my existing expertise. In addition, I aspire to join the firm’s leadership ranks and become a partner.
More Common Goldman Sachs Hirevue Interview Questions
7. What would you have achieved career wise 5 years from now?
After five years, I hope to be promoted to a senior level position such as head of a business unit or managing director.
8. What are your long-term goals?
In addition to being promoted to a senior level, I also aspire to run my own practice.
9. Describe a time when you were faced with a difficult situation. How did you handle it?
When I first joined the firm, I had to manage a client who was experiencing financial difficulties.
I worked closely with his family and other stakeholders to find a solution.
We ultimately decided to sell the client’s assets at a loss. This was extremely challenging but we found a way to make it happen.
10. Do you prefer working solo or with others?
I like to work in groups because they allow us to brainstorm ideas and share our thoughts.
However, I also value independence and flexibility so I don’t mind working solo.
More Sample Interview Questions for Goldman Sachs Hirevue Positions
Here are additional Goldman Sachs Hirevue interview questions to help you to prepare effectively for the interview:
Sample Behavioral Goldman Sachs Hirevue Interview Questions
- What is your greatest achievement?
- Tell me about a moment when you didn’t succeed at a goal
- What one thing you would like to change if you have the opportunity?
- What is your definition of success?
- When are you more effective, morning or night?
Sample Case Goldman Sachs Hirevue Interview Questions
- Who is your role model? Why?
- What are your hobbies?
- What do you think about the current state of affairs in India?
- What are your future plans?
- Have you ever been fired?
Sample Competency Based Goldman Sachs Hirevue Interview Questions
- What are your career aspirations?
- What is your biggest weakness?
- How do you deal with stress?
- How do you motivate yourself?
- What are you looking forward to most in this job?
Sample Problem-solving Goldman Sachs Hirevue Interview Questions
- What makes you different from others?
- What steps have you taken to boost your performance?
- What is your opinion about teamwork?
- How would you describe your style of management?
- What is your approach towards people?
Sample Situational Interview Questions for Goldman Sachs Hirevue Positions
- What skills do you possess which help you excel in your present job?
- What kind of personality traits do you look for in an employee?
- What qualities do you look for in a prospective employer?
- What do you expect from your colleagues?
- What do you expect out of yourself?
Sample Communication Skills Interview Questions for Goldman Sachs Hirevue Positions
- What is your communication method?
- How do you communicate with your subordinates?
- What is your communication style?
- How do you convey your message to your audience?
- How do you respond to criticism?
Sample Interpersonal Skills Interview Questions for Goldman Sachs Hirevue Positions
- What motivates you to perform well?
- How do you react under pressure?
- What are your strengths as a leader?
- How can you overcome adversity?
- What would you say if someone told you that you were not qualified enough to get into Goldman Sachs?
Sample Company Culture Interview Questions for Goldman Sachs Hirevue Positions
- What do you know about Goldman Sachs culture?
- What do you know and understand about the company’s mission statement?
- What does “culture fit” mean to you?
- What has been your experience with the company’s diversity policy?
- What is your view on the company’s compensation policies?
Sample Finance Interview Questions for Goldman Sachs Hirevue Positions
- What is your opinion regarding the company’s stock price?
- Do you believe that the company will outperform its competitors?
- What factors influence the company’s financial performance?
- What does the company consider its greatest strength?
- What does the company see as its greatest weakness?
Goldman Sachs Hirevue Interview Success Tips
If you want to be successful at Goldman Sachs Hirevues interviews, here are some tips that may help you:
- Prepare thoroughly
You need to make sure you have all the information needed to answer the questions. You should also prepare answers to any interview questions that you don’t know the answers to.
This way, you won’t feel like you are caught off guard
2. Dress appropriately (no shorts or flip flops)
Dress professionally and wear shoes that you can walk comfortably in. Make sure you dress conservatively so you don’t come across as too casual.
3. Be friendly but professional
Be friendly but keep your tone professional. Don’t talk too much, just listen and let the interviewer speak. If they ask you a question, answer it politely.
4. Keep eye contact
Make sure you maintain good eye contact throughout the entire interview process. It shows confidence and professionalism.
Smiling makes people more likable. So smile when appropriate and try to use humor whenever possible.
6. Take notes
Taking notes during interviews helps you remember things better and gives you something to refer back to later.
7. Always remember to thank your interviewers.
This post provided valuable samples of Goldman Sachs Hirevues interview questions that you can practice with before going for an interview with the Company.