If you aspire to work at Facebook, then it is important that you prepare for the interview questions that you may be asked so that you will be able to provide the right answers at the interview that shows you are well prepared for the job that you are seeking.
This post provides sample Facebook interview questions and answers that you can study to help you get thoroughly prepared for a job interview with the company.
What do Interviewers look for in a Facebook Interview?
At Facebook, interviewers look for candidates who have good communication skills, passion about their career, and ability to solve problems.
They also look for people who can interact well with others. Some other factors they consider include:
- How much experience do you have?
- Do you know how to use different social media platforms like Twitter, Instagram, etc.?
- Can you explain what you did on a project or task in detail?
- Have you worked on any open source projects?
- Do you have an idea of what kind of career path you want to take after graduation?
10 Most Common Interview Questions and Answers for Facebook Interviews
Here are some of the most common interview questions you might be asked at Facebook (suggested answers have been provided):
- Tell me about yourself
I am a student pursuing my Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science from University of California, Berkeley. I am presently employed at Google as a software developer. My favorite hobby is playing guitar. I love traveling and exploring new places, as well as reading books and listening to music.
2. Why should we hire you rather than someone else?
My skillset includes strong problem solving abilities, attention to detail, and excellent written and verbal communication skills. I am fascinated by technology and am always learning new things. I always strive to improve myself by constantly trying out new technologies. I believe that if you learn something new every day, you would become more knowledgeable than anyone else.
3. What have you done before?
I graduated from high school last year and started college this fall. Before that I was a summer intern at Google where I learned a lot about web development. I also helped my uncle build his own website.
4. What are your strengths and weaknesses?
I am very enthusiastic about learning new things and programming. I am able to quickly grasp concepts and apply them in real life situations. However, sometimes I get distracted easily when faced with complex tasks. I am also not very confident in public speaking, which is why I prefer writing code over talking in front of large groups.
5. Describe a challenging situation you have overcome in your career.
When I first began coding, I would spend hours just figuring out syntax errors. It took me a long time to understand how to properly indent code. Nowadays, I try to avoid making mistakes because I know how frustrating it can be when you make a mistake while developing a program.
6. What are your hobbies?
My hobbies include playing guitar, watching movies, reading, and cooking. I also like to spend time outside, hiking and camping.
7. What are your goals/objectives for the future?
After graduating from college, I plan to continue studying computer science and eventually pursue a Master’s degree. In addition, I hope to work for a company such as Google or Microsoft.
8. What do you do outside of work, like hobbies?
Outside of work, I enjoy playing guitar and relaxing with friends. I also enjoy going to concerts and hanging out with people who share similar interests as mine.
9. How do you deal with stress?
Stress comes from many different sources. If I feel overwhelmed, I usually go for a walk or play video games until I calm down.
10. What advice would you give to students looking to enter the field?
If you want to succeed in any career path, you need to continuously develop yourself. By doing so, you will gain valuable experience and knowledge that will help you reach your goals.
More Sample Interview Questions for Facebook Jobs
Here are additional questions you may be confronted with at a Facebook interview:
Sample Behavioral Interview Questions for Facebook Jobs
- What are some of the challenges you face today?
- What are your goals for the future?
- Tell us about yourself.
- Why should we hire you?
- What are some of our biggest competitors?
Sample Case Interview Questions for Facebook Jobs
- Describe a time you were under pressure and how you overcame it.
- What did you do during that time?
- What could you have done differently?
- What are the most important factors in choosing an employer?
- What kind of person would you like to work with?
Sample Competency Based Interview Questions for Facebook Jobs
- How do you define success?
- What is your definition of a good leader?
- What qualities does a great leader have?
- What distinguishes you from the other candidates?
- What is your opinion on diversity?
Sample Problem-Solving Interview Questions for Facebook Jobs
- Explain what problem solving means to you.
- Define problem statement.
- How do you solve problems?
- Give an example of a problem you solved recently.
- Do you think there is a solution to every problem?
Sample Situational Interview Questions for Facebook Jobs
- Tell me about a time when you made a decision based on incomplete information.
- Tell me about a situation where you had to take responsibility for something.
- Tell me about a difficult project you worked on.
- Describe a challenging situation you have faced at work and how you overcame it.
- Tell me about a tough decision you had to make.
Sample Communication Skills Interview Questions for Facebook Jobs
- Talk about how you communicate with others.
- How do you keep in touch with your family members?
- How do you handle conflict?
- What’s your interaction with customers like?
- Take me through an average workday for you.
Sample Interpersonal Skills Interview Questions for Facebook Jobs
- Discuss your communication style.
- Talk about how you interact with coworkers.
- How do you interact with clients?
- How do you motivate employees?
- Share with me your strategy for managing time.
Sample Company Culture Interview Questions for Facebook Jobs
- Can you describe the company culture?
- What does it mean to be part of this organization?
- What do you expect from your colleagues?
- What do you expect to learn from working here?
- What do you know about our products/services?
Facebook Interview Success Tips
Here are some tips for preparing for an interview with Facebook:
- Read up on the company’s history and mission statements. This can give you insight into its corporate culture.
- Find out as much as possible about the position and responsibilities.
- Prepare questions ahead of time. If possible, practice them so they sound natural.
- Be prepared to answer any questions that may come up.
- Dress appropriately for the job.
- Have a professional resume ready.
- Know yourself well enough to prepare answers to common interview questions.
- Practice answering questions until they feel comfortable.
- Don’t forget to smile!
Interviewing is one of the most stressful parts of the hiring process. It takes courage to step forward and ask for a job, but if you apply the sample interview questions provided above, you will have a better chance of getting hired at Facebook.