20 Best Amazon SQL Interview Tips with Practice Questions and Answers
This post provides useful tips and practice questions and answers you can use in your preparation for Amazon SQL Interview, to increase your chances of success at the interview.
Please, read on:
20 Best Amazon SQL Interview Tips
If you are taking the Amazon SQL interview, here are some tips to guide you to success:
- Do a thorough research about the company.
You must know Amazon and what the company is all about. You need to be familiar with Amazon and know their basic information on your finger tips.
- You must know everything about SQL.
You should know everything about SQL so that you will be able to answer questions correctly.
- Have a good career profile.
You need to build a good profile by listing out your accomplishment over the years and be ready to defend them.
- Be your best.
You need to put your best version there.
- Advertise yourself.
Make sure you tell them what they will gain if they employ you, show them your worth.
- Know where you are.
You need to know the system around where you want to work and understand their way of life.
- Have good communication skills.
You need to know how to speak clearly and properly, make sure your answers are clear and understandable.
- Do not show nervousness.
Anything you do, make sure you don’t act nervous, make the interviewers know that you are confident of yourself.
- Show your strength.
Make sure the answer you give them is related to your area of employment, do not go off point.
- Dress smart and well.
You need to dress properly and neatly when going for interviews because the way you dress is the way you will be addressed.
- Have a target.
Be sure you know what you want and think through it.
- Know why you want to work for them.
You need to know why you want to work for Amazon so you will not be swept off your feet when thrown that question.
- Tell them stories.
Tell them nice and short stories related to the question asked.
- Pin your answers to your experience.
This will tell them about your exposure and experience.
- Be confident.
Be confident of yourself not overconfident or arrogant; just know the difference between them.
- Do not say something bad about people you have worked with.
Always stay plain and neutral when talking about them.
- Know that you will not have the answer to all their question.
You will definitely not have answers to all their questions; however, always answer correctly.
- As much as you are preparing for particular position also prepare for any position at all.
Know some extra thing or two about different positions in Amazon.
- Talk about your weakness too.
You need to talk to them about your weakness to let them see you are a human after all.
- Show your feelings.
As much as you want to keep it professional make sure you show some feelings, especially positive ones.
20 Amazon SQL Interview Practice Interview Questions and Answers
Here are sample questions and answers you might encounter in an Amazon SQL interview to practice with:
- What is SQL?
SQL stands for “Structured Querry Language” and is used for communication with the databases.
- What is a constraint?
Constraints are used to specify some sort of rules for processing data and limiting the type of data that can get into a table and there are two types of constraint they are; default constraint and unique constraint.
- What is a key?
Keys are words or a word used to open a particular data in a base or a cell.
- What is an index?
An index helps us speed up searching in a database.
- What is syntax?
Syntax is a line of text used to write each programming language.
- What do you understand by a character manipulation function?
Character manipulation functions are used to manipulate the character of data type.
- What is auto-increment?
Auto-increment is applied in SQL to automatically generate a unique number whenever a new record is inserted into a table.
- State the difference between delete and truncate commands?
Delete command deletes or removes existing tables. While truncate deletes all data from inside a table.
- What is COALESCE function?
COALESCE function takes a set of inputs and returns the first as null value.
- What do you know about the stuff function?
The stuff function takes out a portion of the string and then inserts another portion into the string in a specified position.
Here are more questions you might likely face in SQL interview with Amazon:
- What do you understand by normalization and denormalization?
- Why did you quit your last Job?
- Do you know why you are here?
- Explain the types of keys in SQL?
- State the difference between SQL and PL/SQL?
- Explain the different types of SQL command?
- What are views?
- Why do you think you can succeed here?
- Can you tell something about your last job?
- How will I know you are the right person for this job?
20 Good Questions you can ask Interviewers in an Amazon SQL Interview
Here good questions you can ask the interviewers while taking the SQL interview with Amazon:
- What qualities do your employees possess?
- Can you describe how a typical day looks like in this role?
- What are your benefits as an Amazon employee?
- What defines success in this position?
- What is the biggest challenge Amazon is facing today?
- How did you get into this position in Amazon?
- What advice can you give me as a new employee?
- What does a typical day look like in Amazon?
- Do you think I have what it takes to work here?
- How you encountered any difficulties in working here?
The Amazon SQL job interviews are not random interviews you go unprepared for.
You can prepare well for the Amazon SQL interview by applying the tips and sample questions and answers provided on this page.