Real Estate Sales Manager Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
This post provides exhaustive information on the job description of a real estate sales manager, to help you learn what they do.
It highlights the key duties, tasks, and responsibilities that commonly make up the real estate sales manager work description in most organizations.
It also presents the major requirements most recruiters/employers will want you to meet to be hired for the real estate sales manager position.
Please, continue reading to increase your understanding of the real estate sales manager career:
What Does a Real Estate Sales Manager Do?
A real estate sales manager is responsible for hiring and training real estate agents to grow their businesses, and motivating them to close sales.
His/ her job description entails overseeing and improving training systems and methods, as well as training and maintaining the team’s culture and vision.
The real estate sales manager conducts training that teach agents how to get customers, discuss transactions, secure financing, and complete formalities for the sale.
They work as human resource representatives to conduct interviews, employ new staff, and move or send seasoned staff home.
They also get employee payroll, budget, and inventory reports ready; as well as plan to develop new leads and increase sales for the company.
The real estate sales manager carries out surveys to spot out the price of competing properties on the housing market and keeps an eye on the property market to identify individuals with interest in property to talk them into securing a brokering contract.
They stay current on REIN Contract changes and Technology, as well as know state laws and REIN Regulations to train and monitor agents.
The real estate sales manager uses CRM systems to provide intermittent reports to company management on sales operations and generated returns.
It is the job of a real estate sales manager to run the groundwork and approval of documents such as purchase agreements, and lease contracts.
If you are seeking to work as a real estate sales manager some of the requirements that employers/recruiters would want you to bring include excellent communication and good time management skills, self-motivational and problem-solving mindset, coaching and salesmanship, team management and performance management, business insight and good analytical skills, as well as proven organizational and planning ability and at least one year experience.
Real Estate Sales Manager Educational Qualifications
To become a real estate sales manager, you will be expected to acquire certain academic qualifications.
You will also be expected to build a strong portfolio with proven skills and abilities to succeed in your real estate sales manager career.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, a High School Diploma is the minimum educational requirement for the position of a real estate sales manager.
However, for a higher real estate sales manager position, one needs to pursue a course in business, finance, and law from a college or university, or to study Real Estate for an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree.
Licensing for this career is compulsory in all states. Real estate sales managers must pass an exam and complete a number of real estate courses to become licensed, which could take up to 30 to 90 hours of classroom instruction.
Real Estate Sales Manager Salary and Career Outlook
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), real estate sales managers earned a median annual salary of $46,810 in 2016.
The Bureau also reported that the current median salary for real estate sales managers is $48,120 per year.
Employment opportunities for real estate sales managers are anticipated to rise as quickly as the average through 2028, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS).
Therefore, the career outlook for professionals in this industry is projected to grow by 6 percent in 2026.
Real Estate Sales Manager Job Description Example/Sample/Template
Real estate sales managers perform various duties, tasks, and responsibilities as shown in the job description example below:
- Supporting and helping build successful agents
- Generating client leads to buy, sell, and rent a property
- Managing a sales team and providing leadership, training, and coaching
- Recruiting agents to the brokerage to increase size and sales
- Assisting in negotiations between buyers and sellers
- Responding to agent questions on contracts, negotiations, strategies, and goal planning
- Showing properties to potential buyers and renters
- Teaching weekly training classes (live or virtual)
- Setting individual sales targets with the sales team
- Preparing loyalty contracts, purchasing agreements, rental agreements, deeds, and other documents for each real estate transaction
- Hiring and training staff
- Planning and directing sales team training
- Working on sales scripts with agents
- Meeting with clients and maintaining client relationships
- Tracking, collecting, and interpreting sales figures and reporting
- Ensuring every member of the sales team has the necessary resources to perform properly
- Staying informed on real estate industry
- Controlling expenses and monitoring budgets.
Real Estate Sales Manager Job Description for Resume
If you have worked before or are currently working as a real estate sales manager and are writing a new resume/CV, you should add the professional or work experience section to it.
With the professional or work experience section, you can effectively show that you have been successful performing the real estate sales manager role.
This information will greatly help you to get an interview invitation from the recruiters/employers, especially if the new position that you are seeking requires the successful candidate to have some real estate sales manager work experience.
You can create a compelling work or professional experience section for your resume/CV by applying the sample job description shown above.
Real Estate Sales Manager Requirements – Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities for Career Success
Shown below are major requirements you might be expected to fulfill if you are seeking the real estate sales manager job with most employers/recruiters:
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Excellent verbal communication skills and active listening skills
- Knowledge and application of sales techniques such as building rapport, needs/values selling, negotiating, and closing the sale
- Ability to work any of the seven days of the week and holidays
- Prior timeshare experience and flexible prospecting skills
- Valid Real Estate Broker or Managing Broker’s license
- Strong sales, negotiation, and communication skills
- Ability to work independently combined with exceptional interpersonal skills
- Ability to critically think and problem-solve
- Good organizational, multitasking, prioritization, and effective time management skills
- Knowledge of real estate sales process, local, state, and federal property regulations
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Understanding and familiarity with the MLS, DocuSign, cloud storage, and experience with property management software
- Strong connections with mortgage banks, title companies, real estate lawyers, architects, and contractors
- Good interpersonal and marketing skills, as well as good knowledge of the property market.
This post is valuable to individuals looking to become a real estate sales manager; they can learn about the duties and responsibilities of the career and be able to decide if it’s what they want to do.
This post is also useful to employers/recruiters who are looking to find qualified and competent candidates to hire for the vacant real estate sales manager role in their companies.
They can apply the real estate sales manager job description example provided on this page in making one for their companies.