This post provides complete information on the Pizza Hut shift manager job description to help you understand the tasks, duties, and responsibilities they carry out.
It also presents major requirements you may be expected to meet if you are seeking to work at Pizza Hut as a shift manager, as well as estimated salary for the role.
Please, read on:
What Does a Pizza Hut Shift Manager Do?
A Pizza Hut shift manager is responsible for ensuring that all shifts are covered. This includes ensuring that there is always at least one person available to take over from an absent manager when needed.
The manager must be able to deal with problems that arise during their shifts and should be able to handle issues such as customer complaints, shortages of stock and equipment, and poor performance by employees.
They may also be required to conduct training sessions for new employees.
The Pizza Hut shift manger job description involves maintaining accurate records of employee attendance, recording absences and tardies, and reporting to the store director if an employee fails to attend work.
It also entails supervising other managers, checking that stores are operating legally, and making sure that stores are meeting the standards set by the company.
The shift manager delivers pizzas and other food products to customers and reports regularly to the store director.
This could include providing reports on sales, profits, and other matters relating to the business.
The shift manager provides advice on company policy and procedure. This could include answering questions about how to run a store, or how to deal with difficult situations.
They oversee the work of other managers, checking that they are carrying out their jobs correctly and making sure that they are not wasting time or causing unnecessary delays.
They inspect stores regularly to ensure they are running properly and that stores are clean and tidy.
They also ensure that store premises are safe and secure.
The shift manager at Pizza Hut also has the responsibility to ensure that the store is stocked with enough supplies to serve customers and that staff members are following proper safety procedures and wearing appropriate protective clothing.
The shift manager reports to the store director and so carry out any duties assigned to them by the store director.
They keep up-to-date with changes in legislation and industry practice and ensure that the store has adequate facilities for storing food and drink.
They ensure that the store’s policies and procedures are followed and that the store complies with health and safety laws.
The Pizza Hut shift manager ensures that the store follows all relevant legal requirements and meets its targets and objectives.
They monitor the progress of employees’ performance and reward good work.
Pizza Hut Shift Manager Job Description Sample/Example/Template
The Pizza Hut shift manager job description consists of the following duties, tasks, and responsibilities:
- Ensure that all shifts are covered by staff members who have been assigned to them
- Carry out any necessary training for new employees or those who need retraining
- Maintain records of employee attendance, including recording absences and tardiness
- Maintain records of customer complaints
- Supervise the work of other managers
- Provide advice on company policies and procedures
- Manage the delivery of pizzas and other food items to customers
- Report to the store director
- Ensure that stores operate within legal guidelines
- Conduct regular inspections of stores to ensure they meet standards
- Work with suppliers to ensure that products are delivered at the right time
- Keep track of stock levels and order more if needed
- Make sure that there is enough money available to pay wages and bills
- Determine how much money should be paid to each worker
- Determine whether workers are entitled to overtime payments
- Pay out bonuses and awards.
Pizza Hut Shift Manager Job Description for Resume
If you have worked before or are presently working at Pizza Hut as a shift manager and are writing a resume or CV for a new job, then you can apply the above Pizza Hut shift manager job description sample in making the Professional Experience section of your resume.
By highlighting the duties and responsibilities that you carried out working in the shift manager role at Pizza Hut in your resume’s Professional Experience section, you will be telling the recruiter/employer that you have been successful as a shift manager.
This piece of information can help get you an interview with the recruiter/employer, especially if the new job that you are applying for requires having some shift manager job experience with Pizza Hut or other companies in its industry.
Pizza Hut Shift Manager Requirements: Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities for a Successful Career
If you are seeking to work with Pizza Hut or other similar companies as a shift manager, here are major requirements you might be asked to meet to be hired:
- Being able to read and write and communicate fluently in English with customers and co-workers
- Must have a valid driver’s license, access to a vehicle, and be willing to travel as required
- Must be able sit/stand for long periods of time without discomfort
- Must be able bend down frequently and climb stairs occasionally
- Must be able walk up to 1 mile
- Must be willing and able to perform duties involved in operating a cash register
- Must be able to lift heavy objects such as boxes of pizza toppings up to 50 pounds
- Must be able pick up large amounts of money from registers
- Must be able to reach above shoulder height when standing
- Must be able to push and pull carts weighing over 100 lbs.
- Must be able to handle sharp knives and utensils
- Must be able to use needed tools and equipment to complete job tasks
- Must be able take orders from customers.
Pizza Hut Shift Manager Salary
According to Glassdoor, the average total salary for a Pizza Hut shift manager in the United States is $50,725 per year; annual salaries might range from $28,000 to $99,000.
This post is helpful to individuals interested in the shift manager career with Pizza Hut or other like companies; they can learn all they need to know about the work that shift managers do.
It is also useful to recruiters/employers needing to hire competent shift managers; they can apply the sample Pizza Hut shift manager job description on this page in making a detailed description of the shift manager position for their companies.