Nebraska Software Engineer Salary and How to Increase It
The software engineer salary in Nebraska is $89,588 yearly.
This post provides detailed information on the salary of a software engineer in Nebraska to help you learn what to expect as a software engineer working in Nebraska.
It also presents the cities and companies that pay the highest salaries to software engineers in Nebraska so you can make an informed decision on where and who to work for as an engineer in the State of Nebraska.
Please, read on:
Nebraska is located in the Lower Midwest region of the US, a region highly noted for its good balance between cost of living and salary pay.
Software engineers in Nebraska earn $89,588 as yearly salary, with a $4,000 yearly added bonus; it is 20% lower and 37% above National average.
Software Engineer Salary across the Cities of Nebraska
The cities of Scottsbluff, North Platte, and Grand Island are the highest paying cities for software engineering jobs in the State of Nebraska.
Salaries in the State of Nebraska are competitive; the difference between the highest paying city and the least paying is merely 16%.
Highest Paying Cities for Software Engineers in the State of Nebraska
The table below lists out the cities where software engineers earn high in the city of Nebraska:
|City||Yearly Salary ($)|
Software Engineer Salary Based on Skills in the State of Nebraska
Listed below in the State of Nebraska are the skills with the highest pay attached to their normal salary, making skilled engineers some of the highest earners in every level:
- Scala skilled software engineers in Nebraska earn 24.30%, which is $21,769 yearly add on to salary.
- Os Kernel skilled software engineers earn 17.55%, which is $15,722 yearly add on salary.
- Big Data skilled Nebraska software engineers earn 17.35%, which is $15,543 yearly add on to salary.
- Microservices skilled software engineers earn 16.13%, which is $14,453 yearly add on to salary.
- Machine Learning skilled Nebraska software engineers earns 11.91%, which is $10,669 yearly add on to salary.
- Data Structures skilled software engineers earn 10.99%, which is $9,845 yearly add on to salary.
Software Engineer Salary Based on Experience in the State of Nebraska
The list below shows the earnings of software engineers in Nebraska based on years of experience on the job; the salary increases with number of years of experience on the job:
- – 1 year as a software engineer in Nebraska earns $78,186.
- 1 – 2 years on the job earns $80,328.
- 3 – 5 years earns the salary $85,000.
- 6 – 9 years earns $91,879 yearly.
- 10 years and above earns $105,263 yearly.
10 Highest Paying Companies For Software Engineers in the State of Nebraska
The table below shows in order of salaries the company’s based in Nebraska with the highest pay scale for software engineers:
|Company||Yearly Salary ($)|
|Octo Consulting Group||153,511|
More Benefits for Software Engineers in the State of Nebraska
Listed below are major benefits a software engineer may enjoy in the State of Nebraska:
- Stock options. Software engineers in Nebraska get stocks from the company they work for as additional benefits.
- Gym membership. Enrollment in gyms by the company is another benefit that software engineers in Nebraska may enjoy.
- Commuter assistance. Getting to and from work is not an easy task most times for software engineers, due to long and odd hours of work. Commuter assistance is provided to help out in these dire periods of time.
- Visa assistance. The software engineer is helped in the State of Nebraska to get visa to attend events outside the country.
- Relocation assistance. A software engineer can be transferred to another city in Nebraska; the company can help to settle the engineer well in their new location.
What Related Job Titles to Software Engineer Earn in the State of Nebraska
These are what related jobs to software engineers in Nebraska earn yearly across all platforms:
- Full Stack Developer earns a yearly salary of $95,629.
- Application Developer earns yearly $76,885.
- Frontend Developer earns $75,060 yearly.
- Backend Developer earns $72,150 yearly salary.
- Developer earns $27,523 yearly salary.
Software Engineer Job and Salary Outlook in the State of Nebraska
In Nebraska, the economic growth potential is limited, but job trend, especially in its highest paying city greatly is improving.
Scottsbluff beats National average by 5.2% ($3,317). It is ranked 21 out of the 50 States for software engineering jobs and salary in the US.
Nebraska’s major selling point is the region it is located, which is a region for the best balance between cost of living (92.5%) and its salary ($89,588).
Looking ahead the State is improving at a limited growth rate, mainly in its highest paying city (Scottsbluff).
How to Increase your Salary as a Software Engineer in the State of Nebraska
Listed below are some of the ways a software engineer can increase their salary in the State of Nebraska:
- Get educated. To help the software engineer in Nebraska get an increase in salary, a good educational degree is paramount. A well-qualified software engineer earns higher than those less educated.
- Relocate. In Nebraska, certain cities pay software engineers higher than others. An engineer in any of the high paying cities earn better than those in lesser paying cities.
- Get skilled. The section on Skills for software engineers shows how skilled engineers earn. A good set of skills, especially the in-demand skills will greatly increase the salary of the Nebraska software engineer.
- Work for big companies. Shown above is a list of the high paying companies for software engineers in the State of Nebraska. A software engineer in Nebraska will do well to work in any of these companies.
More Career Opportunities for Software Engineer in the State of Nebraska
Software engineers in Nebraska are open to other career opportunities in other industries; some pay higher and some lesser than the software engineer yearly salary.
Here are attractive career areas software engineers can also explore, including their salaries:
- Computer network architect; earns $102,000 yearly.
- Water engineer; earns $93,000 yearly.
- Electrical engineer; earns $91,000 yearly.
- Computer and information research scientist; earns $87,000 yearly salary in Nebraska.
- Systems engineer; earns $86,000 yearly.
Software engineers in the State of Nebraska have an extremely limited growth in economic advancement.
The potential for a fast paced growth for software engineers in Nebraska is there, but for now the State’s main attraction to software engineers is the balance between the cost of living which is affordable and the salary.