Missouri Software Engineer Salary and How to Increase It
The software engineer salary in Missouri is $86,225 yearly.
This post provides detailed information on the software engineer salary in Missouri and how to increase it, including the cities and companies that pay the highest salaries to software engineers in the State of Missouri.
Please, read on:
A Lower Midwestern State in the US, Missouri pays software engineers $86,225 yearly.
With an added bonus of $4,000, it is 19% lower than the National average and 47% above National average.
It is a good State for aspiring software engineers to seek out work for it’s one of the best States to strike a balance between salary and cost of living.
Software Engineer Salary across the State of Missouri
St. Joseph tops the list of high paying cities across the State of Missouri, beating the National average by 17.5%.
Next to it is St. Louis and Lee’s Summit, which beats the State average by 11.0%.
The difference between the highest paying city (St. Joseph, $94,746) and the least paying city (Columbia, $81,445) is a mere 15%, making it rather difficult for a bumper salary in Missouri.
The main attraction for Missouri by software engineers is it relatively low cost of living, which is 83.9%.
Highest Paying Cities for Software Engineers in Missouri
Here are the cities in Missouri where software engineers are paid the highest salaries:
|City||Salary Yearly ($)|
Software Engineer Salary Based on Skill in the State of Missouri
Skills pay much for the software engineer in Missouri.
Here are major skills that can boost your salary as a software engineer in Missouri:
- Scala skilled software engineers in Missouri earn 24.30%, which totals $20,952 as add on salary yearly.
- Os kernel skilled software engineers earn 17.55%, which amounts to $15,132 yearly add on salary.
- Big Data skilled software engineers earn 17.35%, which is $14,960 total add on salary.
- Microservices skilled software engineers earn 16.13%, which totals $13,908 yearly salary add on.
- Machine Learning skilled software engineers earn 11.91%, which is $10,269 add on salary yearly.
- Data Structures skilled software engineers in Missouri earn 10.99%, which totals a yearly add on salary of $9,476.
Software Engineer Salary Based on Experience in the State of Missouri
The software engineer salaries in Missouri based on experience are listed out below.
The experienced software engineer earns more yearly than the inexperienced one in Missouri.
The list below shows the earning power by years of experience:
- Less than 1 year experience on the job in Missouri as a software engineer earns $77,672.
- 1 – 2 years of experience earns in Missouri a yearly salary of $ 79,800.
- 3 – 5 years job experience earns $80,000.
- 6 – 9 years of work experience as a software engineer in Missouri earns $91,272.
- 10 plus years work experience earns $14,570 yearly.
10 Highest Paying Companies for Software Engineers in Missouri
Here is the list of companies with the highest pay for software engineers in the State of Missouri:
|Company||Yearly Salary ($)|
|Octo Consulting Group||153,511|
More Benefits for Software Engineers in Missouri
Software engineers in the State of Missouri enjoy some benefits, not only cash.
These benefits come in various forms, including bonuses.
Here are some benefits you can look forward to enjoying working as a software engineer in Missouri:
- Gym Membership. Software engineers get gym membership from their companies in Missouri to reduce job related stress.
- Visa Assistance. The Missouri software engineers can sometimes be invited to go and defend an application outside the country; they are helped in procuring visas by their companies.
- Commuter Assistance. The software engineer is given assistance to help in getting to work and back daily.
- Food Provided. Due to working long hours, the Missouri software engineers most times find it hard to go for breaks and to even have a quick snack. It rests on the company to provide food to serve the engineers.
- Stock Options. The Missouri software engineers are also offered stocks by the company they work for, which translate into cash after long years of service. But the dividend accruing from the stocks are collected yearly or half yearly.
What Related Job Titles to Software Engineer Earn in the State of Missouri
Related job titles to software engineers in the State of Missouri are listed out below.
Some of these jobs get higher or lower salaries than the software engineer:
- Backend developer earns a yearly salary of $105,106 in Missouri.
- Full stack developer earns $99,286 yearly.
- Application developer earns $75,779 as yearly salary.
- Frontend developer in Missouri earns $73,821 yearly.
- Developer earns $42,409 as yearly salary.
Software Engineer Job and Salary Outlook in the State of Missouri
Missouri is ranked 49 out of 50 States in the U.S. It has a limited software engineering job opportunity growth rate, with its highest paying city, St. Joseph ($94,746) beating the State average by 17.5% ($14,116).
Looking to the future, the software engineer job is not looking productive in Missou, since even the most active city in the State is not hiring and high tech companies are not forthcoming.
The only advantage Missouri has for attracting software engineers is its low cost of living, which is 83.9%.
This may be a major pull towards advancement in salary and job placements.
How to Increase Your Salary as a Software Engineer in the State of Missouri
Here are some ideas you can apply to increase your salary as a software engineer in Missouri:
- Get a good education. Getting ahead to an increase in salary as a software engineer in Missouri means having a good degree in a relevant field of study.
- Relocate. Moving to cities or States with high pay for software engineers is important in increasing your salary in the State of Missouri; shown above are the cities in Missouri where software engineers can earn higher salaries.
- Get Skilled. The highlighted skills above shows how software engineers in Missouri earn, so in order to get a salary increase, you need to get the high in demand skill sets.
- Work for higher paying companies. Shown earlier are companies in the State of Missouri where software engineers get paid the highest. So, it will be better for the engineer to seek work with any of these companies.
More Career Opportunities for Software Engineers in the State of Missouri
Here are some career opportunities that software engineers in the State of Missouri can undertake as a career change or a means to increase their salaries.
Some of these careers even earn much higher than the software engineer in Missouri:
- Nuclear engineer earns $102,000 yearly in Missouri.
- Computer network architect earns $98,000 yearly.
- Product safety engineer earns $94,000 yearly.
- Information security analyst earns $8,000 yearly.
- Computer systems engineer earns $87,000 yearly.
Missouri has a limited growth rate for software engineers with its most active city not giving too much room for job placement.
Software engineers are majorly attracted to Missouri perhaps because of its balance of salary and cost of living.
A lower Midwestern State noted for not too high software engineer salaries ($86,225) but low cost of living (83.9%), Missouri is a good start up State.