Kroger Pharmacy Technician Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
This post provides complete information on the job description of a Kroger pharmacy technician, to increase your knowledge of the work they do.
It highlights the key tasks, duties, and responsibilities that constitute the pharmacy technician work description at Kroger.
It also presents the major requirements you may be expected to satisfy if you are seeking the pharmacy technician role with Kroger or other like companies.
Please, read on:
What Does a Kroger Pharmacy Technician Do?
The Kroger pharmacy technician is responsible for maintaining the inventory and workflow in the pharmacy under the guidance of a licensed registered pharmacist.
They work within the standard or accepted practice to prepare medications for patients.
They demonstrate the core values of honesty, respect, diversity, inclusion, integrity and safety.
Kroger Pharmacy Technician Job Description Example/Sample/Template
The job description of a pharmacy technician at Kroger entails several roles, tasks, duties, and responsibilities:
- Reviews and interprets the medication orders from the physician and enters the prescription data in preparation for pharmacist verification
- Performs the assignments of the job in complete understanding of and full compliance to the federal and state laws as well as the internal policies and procedures which govern the handling, dispensing, and distribution of the medications prescribed
- Receives and stocks the inventory of medications in keeping with the requirements of the inventory policy, contributing to the periodic inventory process, counting, and recording of drugs and supplies on hand
- Selects drugs from stock, counts, packages, and accurately labels prescriptions for verification by the pharmacist and for shipment
- Provides administrative support to the pharmacy as assigned and aids in the training of new associates in the Pharmacy
- Communicates with all new patients, welcoming them to Kroger Specialty Pharmacy (KSP) and letting them know of prescription referral
- Responds to inbound calls to the pharmacy and demonstrates top-notch customer service
- Communicates with associates, patients, and prescribers’ offices, with keen focus on patient care
- Obtains information about a patient’s medication for DUR investigation
- Adjudicates and reviews the prescription insurance claims of the medications to be delivered
- Contacts insurance companies to complete any prior authorization requirements; investigates benefits and coverage and identifies co-pay structure
- Provides information and responds to requests to aid in obtaining co-pay cards or in providing financial assistance to patients, as applicable
- Performs or helps with any required operations to meet schedules and quality requirements and to maintain the workflow
- Participates in any variety of work groups and meetings in order to communicate issues, integrate activities, resolve problems, obtain approvals, and maintain specified levels of knowledge pertaining to new policies, developments, and requirements
- Performs any other related duties as assigned by the appropriate authorities.
Kroger Pharmacy Technician Job Description for Resume
If you are making a new resume/CV and have previously worked as a pharmacy technician with Kroger or are presently working in that role, you can apply the sample Kroger pharmacy technician job description provided above in making the Professional Experience part of the resume/CV.
By highlighting the duties and responsibilities that you have performed as a pharmacy technician in your resume’s Professional Experience section utilizing the above job description example, you will be telling the recruiter/employer that you have been effective performing the pharmacy technician role.
This can have a strong influence on the recruiter/employer to consider you for the job that you are seeking, especially if it requires the successful candidate to have some work experience as a pharmacy technician with Kroger or other similar companies.
Kroger Pharmacy Technician Requirements
If you are seeking to work as a pharmacy technician with Kroger or other similar retailers, you will be expected to meet certain requirements before you are considered for the role.
Here are important requirements, including abilities, skills, and experience, and knowledge that employers/recruiters may want you to satisfy to be hired for the pharmacy technician role at Kroger or other similar companies:
- Should possess a High School Diploma or GED
- Must possess a Pharmacy Technician Certification
- An additional specialized training in pharmacy/medical benefit requirements and access
- Should have a consistent attention and focus to details, which results in superior accuracy
- Should possess exemplary communication, customer relationship building, and customer service skills; like speaking, listening, and writing
- Should have a clear understanding of the healthcare protocols for privacy
- Must demonstrate proficiency with applications of the Pharmacy (CPR+ preferred) and in computer operation with knowledge of office software, including MS Excel and Word
- One year of healthcare customer service experience.
This post is beneficial to people who are interested in the pharmacy technician career with Kroger or other similar retailers who want to know what the job entails.
By learning of the duties and responsibilities that characterize the pharmacy technician job, they are more informed to decide if the pharmacy technician career is the best for them.
This post is also useful to employers/recruiters who are looking to hire the best people for their companies as pharmacy technicians.
They can create effective job description for the vacant pharmacy technician position for use in the hiring process by applying the Kroger pharmacy technician job description example provided on this page.