This post provides detailed information on the Kroger produce clerk job description, including the key duties, tasks, and responsibilities that they typically perform.
It also highlights the major requirements that you may be expected to fulfill to be hired for the Kroger produce clerk role.
What Does a Kroger Produce Clerk Do?
The produce clerk at Kroger is responsible for servicing and assisting customers in the Produce department.
The Kroger produce clerk job description entails transporting produce from the prep areas/cooler to the sales floor, stocking, and replenishing the produce cases and counters.
It may also involve rotation and culling of products, as well as preparing food products, including cutting fruit; washing, crisping, and trimming produce; fruit baskets; and preparing salad bar.
The role of the produce clerk may also entail building and maintaining sales displays and ensuring produce are always fresh and of good quality.
To ensure that the quality of products is maintained at all times, the clerk has to regularly review codes and visually observe products.
Maintaining the Produce area and ensuring that it is always clean, sanitized, and visually appealing is also a responsibility of the produce clerk.
He/she may also be responsible for recommending products to customers, helping them to locate products, and assisting to take special orders for products.
The Kroger produce clerk work description may also include ensuring that all requirements concerning food safety and sanitation are completely adhered to in the course of performing daily tasks.
He/she may be expected to help out with cleaning and sanitizing tools, equipment, and food preparation areas.
Kroger Produce Clerk Job Description Example/Sample/Template
The produce clerk at Kroger performs various functions in ensuring customers get the best of service at the produce department.
Shown below is an example of the kind of job description you will likely be handed as a produce clerk at Kroger, consisting of the major duties, obligations, tasks, and responsibilities anyone working in the role is expected to perform:
- Perform loading and unloading of products up to 60 lbs. weight from a stack of pallets up to 6 feet high
- Perform lifting and loading of cases weighing 5-60 lbs. onto stock carts and moving cart to stocking area by pushing or pulling
- Take product from cartons and fill up produce cases and counters with it
- Identify products visually and read displayed information and signs and remove poor quality or expired products from counters if found
- Receive orders from customers verbally over the telephone and write down important information about the order
- Perform preparation of food products for display in cases, including cut fruit and salad bar
- Perform trimming of product applying a knife
- Greet and thank customers, as well as communicate and interact with other people in a professional and courteous manner
- Resolve issues with dissatisfied customers as well as handle other potentially difficult situations
- Perform duties of a floral clerk
- Prepare platters and other special request from customers
- Perform cleaning up, sweeping, and sanitization of workstation assigned by the supervisor
- Clean and sanitize supply items, including utensils and equipment
- Perform cleaning of display cases and filling of supplies when required
- Bring down products when necessary at night
- Report any unsafe working condition immediately to the supervisor or manager on duty
- Perform other duties/functions that may be assigned by supervisor or manager.
Kroger Produce Clerk Requirements – Abilities, Knowledge, and Skills to Succeed on the Job
To be hired for the role of a produce clerk at Kroger, the recruiter will expect you to possess certain qualities, skills, abilities, knowledge, etc. to be able to perform the obligation, purpose, and objectives of the position effectively.
Highlighted below are typical produce clerk requirements you may have to meet to gain employment at Kroger or other stores:
- Strong ability to work in a fast paced multi functional environment in a courteous manner alone or with other people, such as colleagues, customers, supervisors, and managers
- Strong ability to work in an environment that is cool and damp
- Possess excellent customer service skills to be able to work effectively with customers on one-on-one basis
- Possess deep knowledge of products in the department to be able to guide and suggest the right products to customers
- Deep knowledge and understanding of all policies and procedures affecting specific products
- Strong ability to carry out functions in a safe and ergonomically appropriate manner
- Possess working experience in food handling and stocking
- Possess outstanding ability to work accurately and quickly
- Presently enrolled in school or possess High School Diploma.
If you are interested in working at Kroger as a produce clerk, the information in this post, including the job description sample will help you learn about the duties and responsibilities of the role so you can better prepare yourself for the career.
From this article, you will also learn about the requirements that you may need to meet to be hired at Kroger for the produce clerk role.
This post is also useful to HR managers and business owners who are looking to recruit the right people for the produce clerk position in their stores.
They can apply the produce clerk job description example provided above in creating the perfect description for the role in their company.