Insurance Sales Agent Job Description Sample
An insurance sales agent’s job description encompasses assisting clients in choosing insurance plans and packages that are suitable and beneficial to them.
They are to intimate clients with the various insurance policies which the organization offers and give them reasons why they should choose specific insurance policies.
The sales agent works as the mouth piece of the company, who communicates the products and services of the company to members of the public with the aim of promoting the company in good light.
A good marketer, the sales rep as they are also called, works round the clock to increase the clientele of their company by reaching out to potential clients and retaining the existing ones.
The sales agent always has the interest of the clients at heart and makes adjustments to insurance packages so as to suit their specific needs.
He/she counsels clients about their existing insurance coverage and recommends a change if the need arises.
As an adviser, he/she gives a detailed explanation of the advantages and disadvantages of various insurance policies to clients in order for them to be fully aware of what they are getting into.
Most companies’ sales persons on insurance usually engage clients in discussions to know their financial strengths and situations in order to be able to recommend appropriate policies for them, and also go the extra mile to verify their claims.
He/she exudes friendliness and confidence to clients in order to win their trust, and to enable them cooperate with him/her accordingly in order to achieve good results.
The agent brings on his/her expertise in the inspection of properties, considering various factors to determine if it’s a good insurance risk or not.
He/she works the administrative department to keep track of all insurance activities that have to do with company clientele.
Insurance Sales Agent Job Description Sample
The various duties, tasks, and responsibilities that make up the insurance sales agent’s work activities are given in the job description sample below:
- Attend meetings and seminars on insurance matters in order to acquire more knowledge and improve on expertise.
- Make check and balance for clients and determine payment method.
- Ensure that all parties involved in the insurance coverage chosen by clients are credible and trustworthy.
- Monitor clients’ insurance procedures to ensure that there are no shortcomings.
- Follow up insurance policies to ensure that they are carried out as agreed.
- Fill out forms and other official documents that contain clients’ insurance details and records.
- Settles any issues that may arise between clients and the insurance company.
- Make convincing presentations at events organized to showcase insurance companies and their products and services.
- Advice management on ways to improve on their insurance policies based on the needs and preferences of clients.
- Outline new and exciting marketing strategies to replace old and ineffective ones.
Insurance Sales Agent Resume Preparation
To prepare a resume for the position of sales agent in an insurance firm, the job description example shown above
can be a source of valuable information for making parts of the resume, including the professional history section.
Requirements – Qualities – Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities for the Position of Insurance Sales Agent
To be able to excel on the job, most employers and hiring managers would require candidates vying for the position to possess the following qualities, including skills, knowledge, and abilities, to be selected for interviews:
- Good knowledge of marketing.
- Good communication skills.
- Good presentation skills.
- Excellent knowledge of finance.
- Have good human relations.
- Being optimistic.
- Good knowledge of arithmetic.
- Ability to analyze situations.
- Ability to make decisions.
- Good interpersonal skills.
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.