Hewlett-Packard Hiring Process: Job Application, Interviews, and Employment
The hiring process at Hewlett-Packard involves various stages, including the job application and interview that you will be expected to complete to be employed by the Company.
This post provides detailed information on the recruitment process at Hewlett-Packard, to make it easier for you to gain an employment with the company.
Please, continue reading:
Hewlett-Packard Company Overview
Hewlett-Packard Company, generally known with its common product name – HP, is multinational technology company having its headquarters in the United States, Palo Alto, California precisely.
It is a brand that has developed and offered various types of hardware components, software, plus other related services as well.
The company was founded in San Mateo by two young men – Bill Hewlett and David Packard who were electrical-engineering students that recently graduated from Stanford University.
These men were producing a line of electronic test equipment in a one-car garage when they started the company initially.
In spite of how challenging Hewlett-Packard was when it started, it is currently one of the world’s largest technology companies.
The Hewlett-Packard Hiring Process
As a job seeker desiring to get employed by Hewlett-Packard, you should be competent enough and be able to undergo the hiring process of the company.
Here are what to expect in the hiring process:
- The Job Application Process
If you want to be part of Hewlett-Packard’s workforce, visit the company’s application area on their official website and submit your application for the role you have chosen.
After submitting the online application form, if the qualifications that you possess meet the requirement of the job, the recruiters will inform you that your application has been received successfully.
Generally, Hewlett-Packard is much more interested in your work experiences, curricular activities, and expertise than your degree.
Hence, ensure your resume depicts all these. Before applying for a job, check the requirements to see how suitable you are for the job.
2. Interview Process
After the recruiters have checked your application, you will be invited to a telephone interview, after which you will be interviewed in-person.
The telephone interview does not involve many questions. It is usually carried out so the recruiters can have an in-depth knowledge of your background, and then make sure that you are not an amateur at the job you applied for.
If the recruiters find you unsuitable for the role after the phone interview, then that is the end of your journey in the hiring process.
But if you are a successful candidate, you should get an invitation to the next stage – face-to-face interview.
During this in-person interview, virtually every question or assignment you will be asked or given will be based on the position you applied for.
Aside from this, you will also be asked some general Hewlett-Packard interview questions.
Some of the Hewlett-Packard interview questions you may be asked include:
- In a brief manner, tell me about yourself.
- Why have you decided to join our workforce?
- Have you worked as part of a team in resolving a complex issue? If yes, give me an example.
- Tell me what you think about good customer services.
- Is it right to prioritize assigned duties over the needs of customer?
- Is decision making a difficult thing for you, and why is that?
As a candidate who is well prepared for the interview, questions like these as well as other interview exercises won’t be threatening at all.
Here are some helpful tips to prepare yourself with for the interview:
- Get to know Hewlett-Packard, including their services and products.
- Prepare to give a few examples that clearly depict your strengths in the role you have chosen.
- Ensure you respectively specify all the aspects of the job that you are passionate about.
- When going for the interview, take a copy of your resume and any other key document regarding your education, employment, or career.
- Ensure your answers are being presented briefly.
3. Hearing from Hewlett-Packard after the Interview
In a day or a week after your face-to-face interview, you will be informed by the recruitment team about how you performed in the interview, and if you can proceed in the hiring process.
The recruiters don’t usually fail to communicate this message, so avoid panicking about not getting a response from Hewlett-Packard.
4. Training and Orientation
At Hewlett-Packard, any candidate who has been offered a job opportunity can’t start functioning in the role until he or she has been trained on the job and taught the policies and culture of the company.
This process is the training and orientation program usually conducted by the Human Resources team in order to ensure that new employees perform their responsibility appropriately, as well as work in accordance with Hewlett-Packard regulations.
Participating in this part of learning process is what seals and finalizes your employment offer.
Failure to take part in the training and orientation clearly shows you have no interest working for the company.
Hewlett-Packard Jobs and Careers
When searching for a job at Hewlett-Packard, you will be given access to varieties of jobs to choose from.
However, here are some jobs that are very key to the company:
- IT network engineer: This employee is responsible for managing the deployment of network and virtual compute infrastructure, as well as storage. He or she also performs various duties to create and scale solutions that the IT team offers.
- Senior electrical/hardware engineer: This role has a responsibility in designing, analyzing, developing, modifying, and assessing electrical/electronic components, parts, algorithms, systems, or integrated circuitry for electrical/electronic equipment and systems (Hardware).
- Senior software engineer: This position is assigned to construct and implement technical solutions for multi-national communications, products, and programs. He/she may also be responsible for obtaining and determining data from the right sources to assist in knowing the needs and requirements of customers.
- Technical information developer: This employee is mainly responsible for developing and maintaining technical information for more than one audience. This role also carries out analysis on fundamental computer data requirements and specifications of product to write technical content that supports HPE solutions and products.
- System engineer: This employee defines, develops, and supports the process of sales for technology and solutions in collaboration with account departments. A system engineer at Hewlett-Packard usually has a key role to play in technical consulting work with customers to sell and support the company’s products and services, including software or systems.
What to Expect Working at Hewlett-Packard
As a worker at Hewlett-Packard, you won’t have to regret being their employee. The management normally cares about the wellness and health of staffs.
The company makes it possible for an employee to switch to a different department, as long as he/she is suitable and able to function in such department.
Every worker gets a decent wage, and career advancement occurs.
However, some departments or teams at Hewlett-Packard are always clustered with loads of complex activities.
Promotion strongly depends on your role and how diligent you are in the company.
In spite of how large Hewlett-Packard is, getting an employment offer from the company is not an impossible or very difficult attainment.
Joining their workforce can become a reality if you possess all the quality the company seeks for.
The detailed information and instructions in this article can be a very good aid when undergoing the hiring process of the company.