Freddie Mac Hiring Process: Job Application, Interviews and Application
The hiring process at Freddie Mac involves various stages, including the job application and interview where you will be expected to successfully answer certain questions to be employed.
This post provides detailed information on the recruitment process at Freddie Mac, to help you learn the best way to gain employment with the company.
Please, continue reading to gain the knowledge you need to land an employment and start a career with Freddie Mac:
Freddie Mac Company Overview
Freddie Mac, also known as the Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation (FHLMC) is a government/public owned enterprise which provides diversified financial services such as credit services and diversified investment plans.
Freddie Mac created in 1970 with the intention of expanding the secondary market for mortgages in the United States of America alongside the Federal National Mortgage Association.
The corporation buys mortgages in the secondary market, pools them together and sells to investors in the open market otherwise known as the Mortgage-backed security.
This market is capable of increasing the supply of money available to individuals who desire to own new homes.
Freddie Mac has belongs to the Financial Industry and has its headquarters at Tysons Corner, Virginia, U.S.
As at 2018, Freddie Mac was ranked as no 38 on the Fortune 500 list of the largest corporations by revenue in the United States and has a workforce of about 6,642 as at February 2019.
Freddie Mac Hiring Process
Due to the importance of Freddie Mac to the economy of the United States, it is important that if you are seeking employment with the company your resume should be written in such a way that it does not fall short of the hiring managers expectations.
Your resume should match the core values of the corporation.
For better understanding, follow through to know how to apply and hopefully land your dream job at Freddie Mac Corporation.
1. Freddie Mac Job Application Process
Before you apply at Freddie Mac, it is recommended that you enhance your resume or CV by ensuring that you have the correct contact information at the top of the first page.
Also, your name, address, email address, and phone number should be crosschecked to ensure that all information provided is correct and up to date.
This is to save you the disappointment of your resume being overlooked due to missing vital information in it.
You should know that your contact information is very important in your resume.
The application for a job at Freddie Mac is done online on the company’s website at www.FreddieMac.com.
Before applying for a job with the company, you should get your resume or CV and other necessary documents as may be required ready.
The jobs at Freddie Mac are categorized into:
- Administrative & Clerical
- Audit Compliance & Quality
- Capital Markets
- Commercial Real Estate
- Corporate Functions
- Customer Experience & Sales
When you check online at the official website, you will see two boxes with captions “KEYWORDS” and “CATEGORIES”.
You can either make use of the keywords section to search directly for the job you are looking for or use the Categories option to find out all the jobs available in all the departments, and then you can follow the steps stated to submit your application.
2. Freddie Mac Interview Process
If your application is accepted, the next on your mind is how best you can prepare for the interview.
Based on the experiences and review done by some people that have had the opportunity to experience the interview process at Freddie Mac, the questions are quite average, meaning that if you know your thing, you stand a big chance of passing the interview.
To help you further, we will look at some of the possible interview questions you can expect during the interview process at Freddie Mac Corporation.
Freddie Mac Interview Questions
So let’s see what the questions look like:
- Which role would you prefer to have in a given project? This is to test your leadership qualities.
- Have you ever had a disagreement with your superior in your former working place, if yes what caused it and how did you resolve it? Here, conflict resolution skills should be put forward by you in practical terms.
- What makes you the best candidate for this job? Here, talk about your skills needed for the job.
- How do you stay organized in your job? Talk about your ability to plan ahead of time before engaging in anything you do.
- What is your aim of applying for a job in this company? Talk about your desire to give more value to the company by taking up new challenges which the company will certainly appreciate.
- What was your most recent failure and how did you deal with it? It is important that you narrate the processes you put in place to help you recover whenever you experience failure.
- How do you handle tasks that seem to be more than you can handle? Here, talk about your ability to adjust to new changes, including your ability to adjust to new demands by the organization.
There are some other brain-teasing and funny questions that might not be work related that you might be asked.
Freddie Mac Corporation Jobs and Careers
There are various jobs and careers available at Freddie Mac that anyone can explore. They are available under the following departments:
- Financial Management Professional
- Systems Analysis Professional
- Senior IT Security Program Manager
- Cyber Security Manager
- Solutions Architecture Director
Also, Freddie Mac Corporation offers Internship programs for young school leavers who might have the intention of getting first-hand experience of the financial services industry with the option of the corporation absorbing them at the end of their training.
What to Expect Working for Freddie Mac
Similar to other corporations in the U.S., the following are some of the benefits you can have if you get hired by Freddie Mac:
- Home benefit programs
- Educational assistance program
- Student loan repayment benefit
- Transportation benefit
- Flexible work schedule
- Casual dress
- Maternity/adoption/parental leave
- Lactation program
- Adoption expense reimbursement.
Working with Freddie Mac Corporation starts with your job application being sent through their online portal.
This post has shown you the possible questions you could face during the interview and what is expected of you.
So, all you need to do is to give your best in all the stages of the recruitment process.
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.