This post guides you through the Casey’s General Store hiring process, which consists of the job application and interview stages, to help you learn what you need to do to boost your chances of being employed.
If you are seeking a job with Casey’s General Store, you will be expected to go through the Company’s recruitment process to prove that you are the right candidate for the position they want to fill.
Please, read on:
Casey’s General Store Hiring Process
The various stages that make up the Casey’s General Store hiring process include:
Casey’s General Store Job Application Process
The first step to getting hired at Casey’s is completing an online job application. You are required to complete all fields provided before hitting the submission button.
There are two types of applications: one for full time employees (FT) and another for part time employees (PT).
Both applications have similar requirements.
Full Time Employee Application
This is the standard application that you use if you want to be considered for any position with Casey’s.
It includes questions about your education, work experience, references, criminal background check and drug test results.
Part Time Employee Application
If you’re looking for a PT position with Casey’s General Store, this is the application you should fill out. It has fewer required fields than the FT application.
The jobs available on Casey’s website are listed by state. You can search for a specific location or type of position. For example, you could look up “Cashier” in Iowa.
Casey’s General Store Job Assessment Test
After filling out the application, you’ll be asked to take a test called the Job Assessment Test.
The test consists of multiple choice questions about the job application process.
If you pass it, then you’ll get an email asking you to schedule an appointment for a pre-employment drug screening.
Tips for Passing the Casey’s Job Assessment Test
Here are useful tips to apply in preparing and taking the test:
- Read the instructions carefully, you will learn how to correctly answer each question.
- Continue to practice answering the questions until you feel comfortable doing so.
- Don’t skip any questions. Some applicants do not read the instructions carefully enough and end up missing important information.
- Answer every question correctly. If you don’t know the correct answer, write down what you think it is. Then, go back later and find the right answer.
- Do not guess. Write down what you think the correct answer is instead of guessing.
- Be prepared to talk to someone after taking the test.
- Take the test again if you fail.
- Make sure you understand everything that was said during the interview.
- Ask questions if something isn’t clear to you.
Casey’s General Store Interview Process
Once you’ve passed the job assessment test, you’ll be invited to schedule an interview with Casey’s.
During the interview, you’ll meet with a manager who will ask you questions about yourself and your previous work experiences.
You may also be required to bring a copy of your resume along.
You will need to provide three forms of identification when you arrive for your interview:
- Your driver’s license
- A current utility bill showing your name and address
- A photo ID such as a passport or military ID card
Casey’s Interview Questions and Answers
Below are some sample questions from interviews with Casey’s:
- What would you say were your strengths?
I am very organized and comfortable working alone and in a group. I’m good at multitasking. I have a lot of energy.
2. Why did you leave your last job?
It wasn’t a good fit. There weren’t many opportunities there. My boss didn’t treat me well. He made my life miserable.
3. Tell us about a time when you had to make quick decisions.
This was when we needed to replace a part for our cash register. We had to decide which one to buy within minutes.
4. How do you handle conflict?
Conflict is inevitable. One of the best ways to avoid conflict is by being honest and straightforward. I have learned several ways to manage it effectively. One way to resolve conflict is to listen with a motive to understand what ails the other party. If necessary, I apologize and move on.
Tips for Passing Casey’s Interview
Here are some helpful tips for acing your job interview at Casey’s:
- Listen closely to the interviewer. You want to show interest in the engagement.
- Show enthusiasm. Smile. Look interested. It shows the employer that you care about the position.
- Maintain eye contact. This signals confidence.
- Avoid talking too much. Keep your responses short and sweet.
- When you’re finished speaking, wait patiently for the interviewer to respond.
- Never interrupt. Wait until the interviewer has finished asking his/her questions before answering.
- Always thank the interviewer for his/her time.
Hearing from Casey’s after the Interview
After the interview, you should receive a confirmation email from Casey’s letting you know whether you got the job or not.
If you haven’t heard anything after two weeks, then call the company directly. If you got the job, you’ll be contacted shortly thereafter to arrange a start date and time.
Pre-Employment Drug Screening
For some positions, before being hired, you may be required to submit to a drug screen. This is done through a third party company called Quest Diagnostics.
After you have been cleared by the drug test, you will receive an email confirming that you were cleared.
You will then be scheduled for a pre-employment physical exam.
Post-Employment Drug Screening
If you work at Casey’s, you will be subject to random drug screening throughout your employment. These tests are performed by Quest Diagnostics.
Quest Diagnostics will contact you with instructions on where and when to report to their facility. Once you arrive, they will administer the test.
If you pass the drug test, you’ll be informed via phone or email. If you fail the test, you will be instructed to return to the facility in order to retake it.
Once employed, you will be subject a background check. They will inform you what information was found during the investigation and what actions need to be taken.
Major Casey’s Careers and Jobs
Here are some of the major jobs available at Casey’s:
As a store manager, you will oversee the daily operations of Casey’s General Stores.
Your primary responsibility will be to ensure that the stores run smoothly and efficiently while providing exceptional customer service.
You will also be responsible for training new employees and helping them grow as professionals.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in retail sales or management.
- Experience managing multiple locations preferred.
- Excellent communication skills and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload.
As a sales associate, you will help customers find products that meet their needs. You will also assist customers who have questions regarding merchandise selection.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must have good understanding of English, including ability to read, write, and speak.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends, holidays, and early mornings.
Customer Service Representative
As a Customer Service Representative, you will answer phones, take messages and route calls to appropriate departments.
- 18 years old or older.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be able to understand, read, and converse in English fluently.
- Ability to communicate effectively through telephone and written correspondence.
More Casey’s Careers and Jobs
As a stocker/stockroom clerk, you will unload trucks and stock shelves. You will also keep inventory records and maintain accurate pricing.
- At least 16 years old.
- High School Diploma or equivalent education.
- Ability to frequently lift 30 pounds of items and 50 pounds occasionally.
- Ability to stand for long hours working.
As a Cashier with Casey’s General Store, you will ring up purchases and handle cash transactions. You will also prepare change for customers.
- 16 years old or older.
- Minimum education of High School Diploma or GED.
- Ability to communicate in English, including speaking, reading, and writing.
- Excellent math skills.
- Ability to follow instructions and use basic computer equipment.
What to Expect Working at Casey’s General Store
It’s a great experience to work at Casey’s General Store.
Here is what it’s like to work there:
- Salaries and benefits at Casey’s are excellent.
- The Company offers medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, 401k with company match, paid vacation, and holiday pay.
What some Employees Dislike about Working at Casey’s General Store
Here are some things that people might not like about working at Casey’s:
- Working on Saturdays and Sundays can be difficult if you’re used to having your own schedule.
- The hours worked can vary from week to week depending on business volume.
Casey’s General Stores, Inc. is headquartered in Ankeny, Iowa, and runs over 2,000 convenience stores in 16 Midwestern states.
The Company provides self-service gasoline stations, a large assortment of groceries, and a variety of freshly prepared foods.
Casey’s made-from-scratch pizzas, doughnuts, subs, and sandwiches are among their most popular prepared dishes.
The Company maintains two corporate distribution facilities, allowing for the delivery of about 90% of in-store merchandise and 75% of gasoline.
In 1968, the first business opened in Boone, Iowa. Casey’s achieved success in the years that followed by adding businesses in other small communities across Iowa.
Approximately 57% of Casey’s locations are still in towns with populations of 5,000 or fewer.
In contrast, around 17% of Casey’s are currently located in areas with population of 20,000 or more.
Casey’s has a strong balance sheet and controls virtually all of its assets, allowing it to capitalize on growth possibilities on a recurring basis.
Casey’s General Store is an outstanding place to work. It offers competitive wages and benefits, as well as opportunities for advancement.
If you want to work at Casey’s, this post has discussed the hiring process of the Company extensively to make it easy for you to be employed.