This post provides detailed information on the Dollar General assistant store manager job description, to help you understand the key duties, tasks, and responsibilities they typically perform.
It also highlights the major requirements you will need to meet to be hired for the position of an assistant store manager at Dollar General.
Please, read on:
What Does a Dollar General assistant store manager Do?
The Dollar General assistant store manager job description entails ensuring that the merchandise in the store meets company standards and complies with several federal, state, and local regulations.
It also involves providing input as regards any products that needed to be changed or updated in accordance with standard requirements.
The assistant store manager reorders inventory so that it is easily accessible to customers in a timely manner.
It is also their duty to keep necessary purchasing records current so that auditors can conduct their annual audits without complications.
Dollar General assistant store managers ensure that all employee salaries are up-to-date and are being paid on time.
More on Dollar General Assistant Store Manager Job Description
They also ensure that all employee benefits are up-to-date for them to be able to comply with all federal, state, and local regulations.
In addition, the assistant store manager is responsible for the training and development of employees.
They are responsible for monitoring employees and ensuring they are treated fairly by management.
Dollar General assistant store managers ensure that employees are paid properly and on time, as well as ensure that all employee benefits are up-to-date.
They keep records and paperwork in order for their own job, as well as for the overall system of the organization to be kept current.
Part of their tasks includes organizing all incoming shipments to ensure there is a place for each product.
They also ensure that it has been received, and track any inventory discrepancies immediately so that they can be corrected.
Furthermore, Dollar General assistant store managers must supervise all service counters where cash customers are served.
This is to ensure that each customer receives only one transaction handler per transaction to streamline the payment process.
The duty of the assistant store manager at Dollar General includes making sure that every company policies and procedures are being followed.
This is to protect both the company, as well as its customers.
They oversee all accounting procedures and delegating the necessary tasks to employees in order to best ensure that invoices are processed properly and time-stamped.
Dollar General Assistant Store Manager Job Description Sample/Example/Template
The assistant store manager’s job description at Dollar General involves the following duties, tasks, and responsibilities:
- Make sure that all personnel are paid on time and in accordance with all federal, state, and local regulations, as well as ensure that all employees are treated fairly and equitably
- Ensure that labor laws regarding minimum wage, overtime pay, hiring and firing practices, performance-based pay, health care benefits for all employees are maintained
- Provide staff training on all store procedures, policies, and safety standards
- Ensure that employee training requirements are met in a timely manner, including the many different standards set by company standards
- Be responsible for sales goals and keeping track of all reported sales data which is used to assign bonuses to employees
- Ensure that adequate supplies of necessary items are kept on hand as well as organizing the store’s inventory properly to maximize efficiency
- Supervise employees who sell retail items in order to ensure that they are following necessary rules and guidelines for proper inventory control at all times
- Monitor on-premise entertainment systems and make certain that all audio/visual equipment, furniture, and lighting are in proper working order to enhance the overall shopping experience
- Train store employees in accordance with all company policies and procedures, including safety standards and employee training
- Provide assistance to the store manager in keeping store housekeeping up-to-date and clean at all times
- Ensure that all personnel are aware of their assigned duties at all times so they can be performed efficiently and completely
More Dollar General Assistant Store Manager Job Description
- Review daily sales reports, input inventory levels into computer database, and prepare reports pertaining to labor costs to be considered by management during payroll preparation
- Prepare monthly sales reports, secure purchase orders and materials needed for next month’s inventory, initiate new vendor bids or negotiate with existing vendors to lower prices on key items
- Generate or approve payroll checks or related transactions as requested by your boss or other high-level authority figures within the company
- Manage cash drawers and note transactions at the store level on the sales register
- Ensure that any necessary benefits such as medical insurance or retirement plans are up-to-date.
Dollar General Assistant Store Manager Job Description for Resume
If you have worked before in the role of an assistant store manager at Dollar General or are presently working in that position and are writing a new resume or CV for a new job, then you can create an impactful Professional Experience section of the resume by applying the sample Dollar General assistant store manager job description presented above.
You can highlight the duties and responsibilities from the job description example above in your resume’s Professional Experience to show that you have been effective performing the role of an assistant store manager.
This can enhance your chances of getting the job, especially if having some work experience as an assistant store manager at Dollar General is important to the position you are seeking.
Dollar General Assistant Store Manager Requirements: Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities for Career Success
If you are seeking to work at Dollar General in the role of an assistant store manager, here are major requirements you may be asked to meet to be hired:
- Completion of high school or general education development program with a grade point average of 3.0 or better
- At least 1 year of cash/check handling experience in retail environment with at least one year in retail management
- Must be able to lift/move 50 pounds; walk and stand long hours at store locations
- Knowledgeable in computer database and database queries
- Capable of running registers, ordering merchandise and supplies, stocking shelves and preparing reports to enhance profitability
- Experience in other areas may be considered including cost control, warehouse or distribution
- Clear criminal background check
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and access to a motor vehicle, as well as have a clean driving record.
Dollar General Assistant Store Manager Salary
The average Dollar General assistant manager’s hourly wage is $13. According to Glassdoor, assistant manager earnings at Dollar General may range from $7 to $32 per hour.
Dollar General is a great place to work for people who are looking for a career with leadership opportunities in the area of retail.
This post is helpful to individuals interested in the assistant store manager career with Dollar General who want to know what the role does.
It is also useful to recruiters/employers in similar industry as the Dollar General, in making an effective job description for the assistant store manager position in their companies.
With a good job description, they can find and hire the best candidate for the vacant assistant store manager position in their organizations.