The nurse practitioner salary in Missouri is $89.48 per hour and $120,456 per year averagely.
A nurse practitioner is a sort of health care professional that focuses on preventative medicine and diagnosis.
They’re also known as a certified nurse-midwife.
There are many things they can do while employed by private practice, but they’re most likely to work in hospitals dealing with patients that have complicated conditions or injuries.
Nurse practitioners work alongside doctors and other medical staff, fulfilling the role of a health care provider to diagnose and treat those who are unable to be seen by the doctor or need extra attention for their condition.
Nurse Practitioners Salary across Cities in Missouri
Here are salaries of nurse practitioners across cities in Missouri:
|City||Hourly Salary||Annual Salary|
10 Highest Paying Cities for Nurse Practitioners in Missouri
Here are the top 10 highest paying cities for nurse practitioners in Missouri:
|City||Hourly Salary||Annual Salary|
Nurse Practitioners Salary Based on Skills in Missouri
Nurse practitioners with skills and certifications deemed valuable by the industry in Missouri will earn more money than those without them. Some of these skills are:
- Communication Skills
- Critical Thinking and Judgment Skills
- Information Management Skills
- Organizational Management Skills
- Quality Improvement Expertise
Nurse Practitioners Salary Based on Experience in Missouri
Experience is a strong determinant of salary for nurse practitioners in Missouri.
A nurse practitioner in Missouri with 10 or more years under their belt will earn $131,501, while a practitioner with less than one year of experience will earn about $105,956.
10 Highest Paying Companies for Nurse Practitioners in Missouri
Here are the top 10 highest paying companies for nurse practitioners in Missouri:
|Company||Hourly Salary||Annual Salary|
|9.||Wound Care Plus, LLC||$109||$146,965|
10 Highest Paying Nurse Practitioners Jobs in Missouri
Here is salary information for 10 of the highest paying nurse practitioners jobs in Missouri:
- Nurse Practitioner Consultant: $127,596
- Teen Travel Nurse Practitioner: $122,706
- Health Risk Assessment Nurse Practitioner: $116,064
- General Practitioner: $113,881
- Home Health Nurse Practitioner: $110,021
- Neonatal Nurse Practitioner: $128,310
- Pediatric Nurse Practitioner: $128,506
- Family Nurse Practitioner: $125,989
- Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner: $130,000
- Surgical Nurse Practitioner: $$110,100
More Benefits for Nurse Practitioners in Missouri
Nurse practitioners receive benefits from employers like bonus, stock, options, and other extra perks.
Bonuses are paid to employees based on the company’s monthly sales and are determined after the end of the year.
Typically, most bonuses are paid to employees at the end of the year but some companies have incentive bonuses that are paid every quarter.
These types of bonus can be payouts as high as up to $10,000 based on a yearly sales volume that a specific company has.
The options are what you earn by selling your shares in a company. These can be sold on the stock market, but to earn them you must first purchase a specific amount of shares.
The more shares you purchase, the higher your options.
- Vacation Time
The number of days that are allowed for vacation time is usually decided upon by the employer, but it is usually in relation to how many years a person has been with the company as well as their current job status (how good of a job they’re doing).
What Related Job Titles to Nurse Practitioners Earn in Missouri
Find here salary information for some occupations related to nurse practitioners in Missouri:
- Family and General Practitioners: $206116
- Nurse Anesthetists: $190800
- Naturopathic Physicians: $184,455
- Acupuncturists: $85056
- Nurse Midwives: $132,594
Nurse Practitioners Job and Salary Outlook in Missouri
Missouri’s nurse practitioner employment outlook is expected to expand by over 30% during the next decade.
Missouri currently has 4,580 employed nurse practitioners as of 2018, and it is expected to have over 6,000 employed nurse practitioners by 2028!
Missouri nurse practitioners are battling for full practice authorization, and if they are successful, Missouri’s chances will expand enormously.
However, for the time being, the expected expansion is tied to the numerous underserved urban and rural regions.
Furthermore, many hospitals and healthcare systems are shifting to nurse practitioner care, which provides a good balance of quality treatment and cost savings.
How to increase your Pay as a Nurse Practitioner in Missouri
You can increase your pay as a nurse practitioner in Missouri if you follow these steps:
- Review your skills and see how you can improve them to be more valuable to your company.
Take a moment to see what skills you have that others in your industry don’t and use them to get yourself a raise.
The skills that are most valuable include:
- Leadership abilities.
- Conflict resolution abilities.
- Communication skills.
- Diagnose medical problems and come up with treatment plans or therapies that actually cure the problem not cover it up without causing further harm to the patient’s health or life in any way possible.
2. Review your experience and see how you can improve it by getting better at what you are already doing, as well as learning new skills.
3. Update your resume and make sure that it’s well written and free of mistakes. You can’t expect to get a raise if you can’t even get a job! A well-written resume will help you land the job you want.
4. Take classes to increase your knowledge on a topic you specialize in.
If you have the opportunity, take classes that will help you to advance your knowledge on the matters that interest you most.
5. Look for work in an area that you like and hope to stay in long term.
Get a job in an area of nursing that interests you, such as family nursing, pediatrics, or case management.
6. Develop a professional network and stay connected by using LinkedIn.
Connect with professionals on LinkedIn. You will be surprised at how many people are willing to help you.
More Career Opportunities for Nurse Practitioners in Missouri
There are many more opportunities for nurse practitioners in Missouri. Here are some ways you can advance your nursing career in Missouri:
- Find a job that will lead you to the next step in your nursing career.
- Keep track of upcoming changes in your field and see how you can take advantage of them.
- Find a place that offers continuing education programs and take advantage of them.
- Start a blog and share your nursing experiences with others. This can help to surpass any bad experiences you may have had and provide others with first-hand information about nursing in Missouri.
- Take responsibility for your own success by preparing for the new future of nursing that has been created.
- Look for local business opportunities in Missouri that will lead to more financial stability and fewer money worries as you continue to advance your career in nursing.
Nurse practitioners are an important part of the health care industry in Missouri.
This post is helpful to nurse practitioners looking to live and work in Missouri; they can boost their knowledge of the salaries to expect, as well as the highest paying cities and companies in Missouri.