Delta Air Lines Hiring Process: Job Application, Interview, and Employment
The Delta Air Lines hiring process involves various stages, including the job application and interview, where you will be expected to give answers to certain questions to be hired.
This post provides exhaustive information on the recruitment process at Delta Air Lines Inc. to help you learn how to find a job with the Company.
Please, continue reading:
Delta Air Lines Company Overview
Delta Air Lines Inc., also known as Delta is a major airline that provides aviation services in the United States of America and other countries of the world.
It has over 5,400 flights operational daily to about 325 destinations in over 52 countries in six different continents of the world.
Delta Air Lines was founded on March 2, 1925 but became operational in June 17 1929, with the headquarters located in Atlanta, Georgia, US.
It is a member of the SkyTeam Airline Alliance with the following hubs: Atlanta, Boston, Seattle/Tacoma, Salt Lake City, New York – LaGuardia, New York – JFK, Detroit, Los Angeles, and Minneapolis/St. Paul.
Delta Air Lines has many subsidiaries which include: Segrave Aviation Inc., Tomisato Shoji Kabushiki Kaisha, Regional Elite Airline Services LLC, North West Aerospace Training Corporation, New Sky Ltd, Montana Enterprises Inc., Delta Vacations, Kappa Capital Management, LLC, Epsilon Trading, LLC, Endeavor Air, and Delta Private Jets.
These are responsible for the large number of workers on the company’s payroll which stands at about 86,564.
Delta Air Lines Hiring Process
From research, it is a known fact that Delta Air Lines get over-bloated applications for any available position.
This leads to high rejection which gets as high as 99%, meaning that the chances of landing a job at Delta Airlines quite harder than other companies many candidates might have come across.
The competition is very high and so close that candidates chosen might just be marginally or slightly better than others to land a job.
This simply means that there is a level playing ground but the best gets the job.
1. Delta Air Lines Job Application Process
Applications are sent or submitted via the company’s official website at www.delta.com.
After the submission, applicants are expected to stay tuned for any feedback from the company’s hiring team in regards to the status of their application.
Hiring managers or representatives usually get back to candidates whose application and resume are considered exceptional.
This process usually takes about three weeks or more within which interviews will be fixed to test the ability of the different candidates in regards to the job they applied for.
2. Delta Air Lines Interview Process
It is important to prepare for an interview at Delta Air Lines as you know it is highly competitive.
Once notified about a potential meeting/interview, it is important that a candidate updates his/her resume and other necessary documents that might be requested during the interview process.
The nature of the interview at Delta Airlines depends on the position you have chosen to fill.
For inflight positions, video screening is preferred while other positions make use of phone interviews, email conversations, and group conferences.
These are all initial screenings which ultimately lead to one-on-one meeting.
The interviews include series of aptitude tests which consist of verbal, math, and personality tests. Passports and current photographs are demanded to ascertain the identity of the candidates.
Delta Air Lines tend to demand that candidates dress strictly corporate with well-ironed shirt and a pair of trouser for the guys and skirt or corporate trouser for the ladies.
Also, shoes must be polished and not forgetting to smell nice.
Hiring managers prefer having candidates who are cheerful, easy going and can engage in meaningful discussions in the interview process.
Delta Air Lines Interview Questions
Here are possible questions you might face in an interview at Delta Air Lines:
- What previous experience do you have working with the public?
- Are you willing to relocate if the need arises?
- How do you handle an angry customer?
- What makes you the best candidate for this job?
- What do you know about Delta Air Lines?
- What do you understand by effective customer service?
- What is your greatest strength?
- Why do you want to work for Delta Air Lines?
- What is your greatest weakness?
- What is your goal for the next five years?
Delta Air Lines Jobs and Careers
To land a job at Delta Air Lines demands that you are at least 23 years of age and has a relevant degree in Aviation or a related one.
You must have a degree that is certified in the US, and where it is acquired outside the US, it must be compared with a similar one in the US to ascertain its suitability.
Some of the careers advertised most recently at Delta Air Lines include:
- Station Manager CID
- Ramp Agent
- Security Cart Screener
- Pensacola full time Ramp Agent
- Ramp Agent
- Passenger Service Agent
- Ramp Agent
- Security Screener Supervisor
- LFT Ramp Agent
- Performance Manager
- Ramp Supervisor
- Security Temperature Screener
- Passenger Service Supervisor
- ATL Bus Performance Manager
- LFT Passenger Service Agent
- Cabin Service Agent
- Full time DL Passenger Service
- Part-time UA Passenger Service Agent
- Program Leader – Occupational Health Services
- Ramp Agent CAK NK Flight Privileges
What to Expect Working for Delta Air Lines Inc.
The benefits of working for Delta Air Lines are into three categories which include:
- Wellness and Health, which includes medical coverage, dental coverage, vision plan, term life insurance coverage, disability coverage, Flexible spending accounts, and employee assistance program.
- Financial, which includes 401(k) savings plan and tax deferment contribution plan.
- Lifestyle, which includes Tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, paid maternity leave, employment discount on a variety of products and services, low-cost travel benefits, etc.
Delta Air Lines is always on the lookout for the brightest prospects that can help maintain the excellent culture of the company to hire.
This sets the standard for prospective candidates who desire to have a career in the company.
So, prospective applicants should note the competition and be up for it from the onset.
Resume and application must be on point and up to standard to be considered by the hiring team.
This provides all you need to know to easily find employment with the Delta Air Lines Company.