Cloud Solution Architect Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
If you are searching for the job description of a cloud solution architect, this post will help you learn what they do.
It provides the key tasks, duties, and responsibilities that commonly make up the cloud solution architect work description.
This post also shows the common requirements you may be expected to fulfill if you are seeking the job of a cloud solution architect.
Please, read on to learn about the cloud solution architect career:
What Does a Cloud Solution Architect Do?
The cloud solution architect is an information technology (IT) specialist responsible for the overall development and design of a robust, scalable, and cloud based platform.
They function as a CLOUD Subject Matter Expert for implementing and overseeing cloud computing strategy in an organization.
As the Cloud expert, their job description entails mapping cloud adoption plans, application design, and cloud management and monitoring.
It also involves overseeing application architecture requirements and deployment in cloud environments.
Cloud solution architects actively contribute their knowledge of modern software development techniques and technology to design services that utilize latest recent technologies and architecture to produce services that meet customers’ demands.
To work as a cloud solutions architect, individuals must possess a minimum of Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering field like computer engineering, electrical engineering, or computer science, or in any other relevant field.
They also need 3-5 years cognate experience, AWS Certified Solutions Architect certification, and excellent understanding of cloud computing technologies and modern computing trends.
Cloud Solution Architect Job Description Example/Sample/Template
Cloud solution architects perform various functions, including managing the cloud computing architecture in an organization, especially as cloud technologies grow increasingly complex.
Cloud computing architecture comes with managing front-end platforms, servers, storage, delivery, and networks required to manage cloud storage.
The major duties, tasks, and responsibilities that constitute the cloud solution architect job description are shown below:
- Leverage on Cloud environment and service-oriented architecture principles to define and own Solution Architecture (applications and data technologies)
- Work with clients to design a full-stack solution using software that fully integrates with customer’s existing cloud infrastructure from data flow, security, DevOps, and other standpoints
- Propose suggestions and best practices to optimize customers’ cloud presence, performance, security, and cost
- Responsible for the evaluation of technical risks and map out mitigation strategies
- Carry out debugging, troubleshooting, modifications, and unit testing of custom solutions built on the organization/clients platform
- Develop new specs, documentation; and partake in the development of technical procedures and user support guides
- Responsible for the creation of a well-informed cloud strategy and administer the adaption process
- Evaluate cloud applications, hardware, and software at regular intervals
- Develop and organize cloud systems and work closely with IT security to monitor the company’s cloud privacy
- Provide prompt response to technical issues in a professional manner
- Direct infrastructure movement procedure, including bulk application transfers into the cloud environment
- Responsible for spotting the cloud architecture solutions to effectively meet the strategic needs of the company.
Cloud Solution Architect Job Description for Resume
If you have worked as a cloud solution architect or are working in that role presently and are making a resume for a new position, you will need to have the professional experience section in your resume.
This section, which you can make by using the cloud solution architect duties in the job description example above, gives you the opportunity to tell the recruiter that you have or are successfully performing the role.
Cloud Solution Architect Requirements – Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities for Career Success
If you are seeking the job of a cloud solution architect, you will be expected to meet certain requirements to prove that you can effectively perform the role.
Shown below are major requirements most recruiters may expect you to meet if you are applying for the cloud solution architect position:
- Education: Applicants for the cloud solution architect role are required to have a minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or Electrical Engineering, or in a relevant field. They also need 3-5 years work experience designing, executing, and supporting IT Cloud solutions
- Certifications: Employers are interested in cloud solutions architects with AWS Certified Solutions Architect certification, which is provided by Amazon Web services
- Knowledge: It is crucial that applicants have exceptional understanding of cloud computing technologies and recent computing trends and familiarity with enterprise architecture and enterprise application integration. They should also have adept knowledge of data modeling best practices and practical knowledge of Agile Software development methodology
- It is important that they have extensive experience with at least operating system: Linux, Unix, Solaris, Ubuntu, Windows. They should also have a deep understanding of networking: TCP/IP, IP addresses, HTTP, DNS. Having capabilities in scripting languages and experience with relational databases are also helpful
- Employers seek for cloud architects with expert knowledge of key security concepts because security is a major issue in cloud environment. And they often look for individuals with expert knowledge of data integration/EAI technologies, such as Tibco. Also, hands-on experience with SaaS and business intelligence/analytics implementation is an additional advantage to the Cloud Solutions Architect
- Interpersonal skills: The job of a cloud solution architect may require them to work in a cross-functional team, as well as with various stakeholders. So it is vital that they can establish rapport and manage relationship with the people they have on their project team
- Communication skills: It is important that cloud solution architects possess good written and verbal communication skills to effectively articulate complex cloud reports and relate with clients, IT development partners, and management.
If you are a recruiter or HR manager needing to hire for the cloud solution architect position, you will need to inform prospective candidates of the duties and responsibilities they will be expected to perform working in the role.
That means, you will have to make and publish a detailed description of the cloud solution architect position in your organization, which you can do by adopting the sample job description given above.
Individuals interested in the cloud solution architect career will also find this article useful in learning about the duties majorly performed by people who work in this role.