Cloud Network Engineer Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
This post presents exhaustive information of the job description of a cloud network engineer to help you learn about what they do.
It highlights the duties, tasks, and responsibilities that commonly make up the cloud network engineer work description in most organizations.
It also presents the major requirements recruiters usually set for hiring for the cloud network engineer position.
Please, read on to increase your knowledge of the cloud network engineer career:
What Does a Cloud Network Engineer Do?
Cloud network engineers manage how information is shared within an organization. They design ways to provide digital information to clients without requiring them to install separate software, and also help in selecting a service model that is compatible with the deployment model (public, private, or hybrid).
They work with IT firms; consulting technology services firms, IaaS Solutions Company, etc.
The cloud network engineer job description entails responsibility for the end-to-end ownership of an organization’s core datacenter network; taking responsibility for the design/architecture, definition and enforcement of standards; security, sustainability, and deployment, and operations of its current and future networks.
It also involves building automatic adjustment procedures, designing ways to guarantee the network is responsive to user demand despite the dynamic nature of the cloud network model.
Cloud network engineers support the cloud operations of an organization or its clients to enhance, optimize, and maintain their computing capabilities across their technical landscape.
They are also responsible for the review of solution and requirements from clients/sales team to create a design, implementation, and migration plan.
They are responsible for executing and documenting network disaster recovery services and actively partaking in client testing.
They also serve as consultants to clients during configuration of content security, logging, and threat management services, and carry out regular communication with project managers, clients, and internal staff to ensure that expectations are set and fitting attention is given to client projects.
The cloud network engineer work description also entails guaranteeing the quality of service delivered by adhering to implementation guidelines, processes, and procedures.
It also includes maintaining generated documentation of the implementation during a project to enable for effective transition to Operations Support Center where applicable.
Cloud Network Engineer Job Description Example/Sample/Template
The cloud network engineer performs various functions, which include providing operational input and support for the operations, maintenance, and refinement of clients Enterprise Cloud environment, and fostering continuous improvement of client’s IT infrastructure.
The primary tasks, duties, and responsibilities of the cloud network engineer are listed in the job description example below:
- Responsible for solving network connectivity issues, adding/modifying NAT entries and firewall rules to enable connectivity
- Provide network configuration support and document client requirements
- Work with clients to ensure that data flow diagrams are accurately completed to provide exact network connectivity
- Coordinate required changes working alongside other network and firewall teams
- Support Cloud Architects to provide operations and migration services that allow organizations/clients to style the availability and delivery of cloud computing services following business and technical requirements
- Responsible for the upgrade, installation, and configuration of monitoring solution for AWS, Windows, and Linux servers
- Provide report on current infrastructure status and plan for future usage
- Responsible for the configuration and support of backbones connection over DirectConnect (AWS), ExpressRoute (Azure), and an array of direct BPE connection handled over CSR1000
- Utilize approved tools to verify and take required action on events aggregated from network monitoring tools and Web Application Firewall
- Responsible for troubleshooting to ascertain root cause of issues
- Perform network system updates, patches, and configuration changes
- Map network layouts and configure systems to user environments.
Cloud Network Engineer Job Description for Resume
If you are presently working as a cloud network engineer or have worked in that position below and are writing a resume for a new job, you should add the professional or job experience section to the resume to increase its chances with the recruiter.
The professional experience section, which you can create quickly and easily by adopting the job description sample above, is an opportunity to show in your resume that you have been successful performing the duties and responsibilities of a cloud network engineer.
Most recruiters will be favorable to giving you an interview if they knew that you have some work experience on a job that is important to the one being sought.
Cloud Network Engineer Requirements – Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities for Career Success
If you are seeking the job of a cloud network engineer, you will need to meet the recruiter’s requirements to prove that you can perform the obligations, objectives, and purpose of the position before you can be offered an interview or hired.
Shown below are major requirements commonly set by recruiters for applicants who are seeking the position of a cloud network engineer to meet to be hired:
- Education: Applicants for the cloud network engineer position are usually required to have a Bachelor’s degree in a technology related field or extensive experience in large scale networking environment equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree, of which duration of experience will be at the discretion of the employer
- Knowledge: Applicants should have solid understanding of Internet routing protocols and concepts: TCP/IP, BGP, MPLS, ISIS and/or OSPF. They should also possess know-how working with network operating systems such as Cisco IOS and Junos, and capability to work in a Linux/Unix environment
- It is also important that they have knowledge of network analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills, specifically network performance analysis. Experience with Agile and DevOps model, as well as understanding of server scripting and modern deployment and configuration management techniques and tools (Ansible, Ops Works, etc.,) is also essential to a Cloud Network Engineer
- Also, employers seek for engineers with ability to write technical documentation, especially in relation to Cloud architecture and hands-on experience implementing, migrating, managing, and operating systems/applications in an enterprise cloud computing environment
- Certification: Information technology infrastructure Library (ITIL) certification or experience with ITIL, Cisco CCNA/CCNP certification, or other advanced networking certification is also a requirement for the Cloud Network engineering job
- Communication skills: In executing their duties, cloud network engineers may be required to work in a team of engineers, or interface with clients serving as consultants to them. So it is important that they have solid verbal and written communication abilities to relate with people, provide reports, and generate implementation documentation.
If you are a recruiter or HR manager looking to hire the best cloud network engineer available, you will need to attract the right candidates to your company by posting a detailed description of the role.
This will help inform prospective candidates of the duties and responsibilities they will be assigned to perform if hired as a cloud network engineer.
They will then be able to decide if they can effectively perform the duties or not, which will increase your chances of finding the best people for the cloud network engineer position for your company.
To make the perfect description of the vacant cloud network engineer position in your organization, you can apply the sample job description provided above as a template.
Individuals who are interested in the cloud network engineer career will also find this post helpful in learning about the duties usually performed by the role.