Cardiology Nurse Practitioner Job Description Example
The cardiology nurse practitioner in line with regulated procedures imposed, carries out physical examinations, and provides treatment for generally episodic and chronic patients and their families.
He/she will be responsible for the prevalent clinical management of the patient such as VAD care, heart failure, etc.
A cardiovascular nurse practitioner, also referred to as Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner (ARNP), focuses exclusively in offering first rate care to cardiac patients in diverse settings.
His/her job description entails caring for patients of any age with cardiovascular ailments. This role may involve dealing with neighbors with heart defects, teens with heart anomalies and adults with heart malfunctions.
He/she may work in a cardiovascular office practice attending to patients in routine follow-up visits or as part of a preventative program.
He/she can function in a hospital, surgical center or as a member of the inpatient care unit.
A clinical nurse practitioner will be expected to take part in diagnosing of ailments and diseases as well as providing medical and dietary suggestions.
In a surgical care center or hospital, his or her duties also covers offering pre and post operative care, as well as training the patient on self care methods.
Cardiovascular nurse practitioners are in charge of evaluating specific patients in the assigned duty.
They carry out physical checkups, discuss with patients personally and through telephone or electronic media to ascertain a care program coherent with enacted quality indicators.
Cardiology nurses may perform various duties and at an advanced stage, they work in clinics, hospitals and other healthcare facilities organizing research and playing leadership role in educating patients and prevention methods.
He/she will provide treatment and enlighten patients in a clinical setting, while also keeping accounts and details of medical histories and carrying out diagnostics.
They collaborate with patients and their families to educate them on managing cardiovascular diseases, dietary and other means of minimizing risk of heart problems.
They also assist patients with post operative rehabilitation process.
Job Description Example for the Cardiology Nurse Practitioner Position
Below is an example of job description for the cardiology nurse practitioner position containing key duties, tasks, and responsibilities the individual occupying the post is usually expected to perform:
- Examine pathophysiology for diverse cardiovascular disease operations
- Establish diagnosis of cardiovascular ailments and formulate a plan of treatment, as well as assess the patient’s response to therapy
- Make use of evidence-based medicine procedures by utilizing quality and cost effective care
- Enlighten patients and their families with regards to the cardiovascular procedures, which include primary and secondary prevention of cardiac while being mindful of the patient’s emotional, cultural and physical requirements
- Generate sufficient organizational skills to organize patients case load
- Offer the option of straightforward access to a nurse practitioner over the phone and in the center for the general practice populace
- Carry out independent resolutions in which he/she is responsible.
The job description sample presented above can also be used in making a resume for a vacant cardiology nurse practitioner position.
Requirements – Knowledge, Skills and Abilities – for the position of Cardiology Nurse Practitioner
The following aptitude, endowments and qualifications will be paramount to the effectiveness of a cardiology nurse practitioner in the course of discharging his/her duties:
- A master of science with at least five years practical clinical experience as a nurse practitioner
- Not less than 2000 hours of practical experience in cardiac nursing
- Comprehensive and current clinical experience in cardiac nursing functions
- Advanced level of therapeutic and health management aptitude
- Possess a license as certified nurse practitioner
- Exhibit outstanding aptitude and fundamental basic computer knowledge
- Higher level of therapeutic and health management aptitude.
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.