This post provides complete information on the job description of a call center team leader, to help you learn the work they do.
It highlights the key duties, tasks, and responsibilities that commonly make up the call center team leader work description.
Please, read on:
What Does a Call Center Team Leader Do?
A call center team leader usually has a team of other call center operators which he/she manages, directs and controls to ensure that they meet up with targets and perform their duties according to laid down instructions and guidelines.
Team leaders working in call centers also have the role of training their team members and reviewing their performances from time to time.
When new call center agents are to be recruited, the team leader would be on hand to assist in the testing and interview process.
Whenever there is a complex issue that the call center agents cannot resolve on their own, they would forward it to the team leader who would either resolve it or liaise with other departments to resolve the issue appropriately.
Call Center Team Leader Job Description Example/Sample/Template
The responsibilities of the leader managing a team of call center workers would vary from center to center, but some of the general duties and responsibilities that make up the job description of most of them are shown in the example below.
- Be in charge of running and managing the call center daily
- Set targets for all other call center agents to meet up with
- Schedule and organize shift patterns for other team members to ensure that customers are never left unattended to
- Understand all organization’s products, services, procedures and guidelines and communicate same to all team members
- Prepare forecasts and budgets for the call center
- Monitor all calls to ensure that due procedures and quality standards are strictly adhered to
- Facilitate and organize training session for all agents and participate in recruitment of new call center agents
- Recommend and purchase gadgets to enhance job performance at the call center
- Conduct regular review of all call center agents performance and organize training sessions for under performers
- Submit regular reports to management and seek new ideas and strategies to improve performance at the center
- Keep up with trends and happenings in the industry and ensuring adherence to industry standards
- Ensure that clients are kept happy and satisfied at all times by providing prompt response and solutions to their challenges at all times
- Ensure a safe and harmonious working environment for all other team members and delegate duties to all team members.
The above job description sample can also be useful in writing a resume for the call center team leader post.
Call Center Team Leader Requirements: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities for Career Success
The team leader at a call center would be expected to possess the following skills, knowledge and requirement:
- Leadership: call center team leaders are in charge of other agents whom they would be expected to direct and control. Therefore, they must have excellent leadership skills and abilities
- Motivation: people work harder when they receive the right amount of motivation so call center team leaders would be expected to know how to devise effective motivational techniques to improve the performance of their team mates
- Coaching and Mentoring: call center team leaders are also expected to be great tutors and excellent mentors to their team members
- Hardworking: to be able to encourage their team members to work harder, they must be hard workers themselves
- Goal Setting and Achievement: the team leader would also be in charge of setting goals for others to achieve and therefore, he must be an achiever too
- Multitasking: leaders managing call centers must be able to handle multiple tasks at the same time without errors and mistakes.