Amazon Picker Job Description, Key Duties, Tasks, and Responsibilities
This post provides exhaustive information on the job description of an Amazon picker, to help you learn the work they do.
It highlights the key tasks, duties, and responsibilities that typically make up the Amazon picker work description.
It also presents the major requirements that you may be expected to perform if you are seeking the job of a picker at Amazon.
Please, continue reading to increase your knowledge of the Amazon picker career:
What Does an Amazon Picker Do?
An Amazon picker works closely with a variety of warehouse workers and is responsible for picking up orders and sending them to delivery platforms.
His/her job description may also involves stocking shelves, maintaining the working area, and ensuring that they are clean; marking containers, packaging items, completing order receipts, and adhering to verbal instructions.
In other words, an Amazon picker refers to one whose profession is to take orders and deliver required items to customers and other Amazon departments.
He/she is responsible for assembling merchandise, receiving shipments, overseeing the movement and storage of products, operating handling equipment, overseeing and managing the maintenance of stocks, and ensuring that the working area is clean and well-kept.
One of the core tasks that is executed by an Amazon picker is to locate merchandise and meet picking tickets by ensuring that he/she is well-familiar with the warehouse and ensuring that he/she recognizes a variety of merchandise and where they are located.
He/she may be required to pull the warehouse item and/or merchandise from shelves based on the number, size, color, quantity, and/or quality requirements.
The picker must also ensure that he/she attaches the correct shipping information to orders and that completed orders are moved to the shipping area.
The picker job description also involves examining containers for any damage and confirming that the correct items and quantities are selected.
He/she is expected to perform his/her duties in conformity with standard operating instructions at Amazon and must also ensure that inbound and outbound shipments are correct and defect-free.
It is also highly important that an Amazon picker complies with all necessary and required safety regulations.
To become an Amazon picker, some of the required skills and qualities you will need to fulfill include excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to work cooperatively with a diverse range of people, and proficiency with the use of tools that are required for carryout the job duties.
Others are physical strength and agility, excellent organizational skills, and attention to detail; strong analytical skills, dexterity, and good time management skills.
In terms of academic qualifications, the ideal candidate for the Amazon picker position should possess at least a High School Diploma or equivalent, since a degree is not necessarily required.
Amazon Picker Salary: The average salary for a picker position at Amazon, according to Glassdoor, is $29,790 annually.
Amazon Picker Job Description Example/Sample/Template
Amazon pickers perform the responsibilities:
- Ensuring that work areas are kept clean, well-maintained, and well-organized
- Keeping up-to-date and accurate records of incoming and outgoing shipments
- Picking orders as assigned and/or requested by the Amazon management
- Overseeing the process of sealing and tagging containers, and ensuring that he/she confirms the accuracy of orders and signing pick tickets for confirmation
- Loading and unloading Amazon delivery trucks by using totes, jacks, and forklifts
- Assisting with the process of maintaining the security of the Amazon warehouse
- Ensuring and overseeing stock and/or merchandise replenishment when required
- Ensuring and maintaining a high and strict level of health and safety standards.
Amazon Picker Job Description for Resume
If you are writing a new resume or CV and have worked before at Amazon as a picker or are presently working in that role, you can boost the effectiveness of your resume by including that work experience in it.
And that is by adding the professional experience section to your resume/CV to show to the recruiter/employer that you have been successful performing the duties and responsibilities of a picker.
This piece of information can significantly influence the recruiter/employer to give you an interview, especially if the new job that you are looking for requires having some picker work experience to be effective on it.
You can create a compelling professional experience section for your resume/CV by applying the Amazon picker job description example shown above.
Amazon Picker Requirements – Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities for Career Success
If you are seeking the job of a picker with Amazon, here are major requirements you might be expected to meet to be hired:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, since an Amazon picker must interact with team members, label and/or tag containers or merchandise, and also report back to the warehouse manager
- Physical strength and stamina, as this will enable an Amazon picker to efficiently transport merchandise from one place to another
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills, since he/she is required to work collaboratively with a wide range of workers
- Proficient organizational skills, since an Amazon picker must keep an accurate record of incoming and outgoing shipments
- Several years of professional and/or proven experience in a related or relevant job role/position
- At least a High School Diploma or equivalent, since a degree is not necessarily required.
This post is valuable to individuals interested in the picker career at Amazon and other companies.
They will be able to learn all they need to know about the duties and responsibilities commonly performed by pickers and then be able to correctly decide if that’s the career they like to engage in.
This article is also beneficial to recruiters/employers looking to find and hire the best pickers for their companies.
They can apply the sample Amazon picker job description above in making one for their organizations for use in their hiring process.
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.