Amazon Delivery Station Employee Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
This post provides exhaustive information on the job description of an Amazon delivery station employee, to help you learn the work they do.
It highlights the key duties, tasks, and responsibilities that typically make up the Amazon delivery station employee work description.
It also presents the major requirements you may be expected to meet if you are applying to work as a delivery station employee at Amazon.
Please, continue reading to learn more about the Amazon delivery station employee career:
What Does the Amazon Delivery Station Employee Do?
The Amazon delivery station employee has the responsibility of assisting to improve the customer experience by providing real-time, hands-on support to ensure customers receive their packages on time, as promised.
His/her job description entails sorting packages into the delivery route to ensure customer-promised delivery times are met, with shift times varying.
The Amazon delivery station serves as the end point before an order heads out for delivery to the customer’s door.
He/she works all night shifts to meet customer-promised delivery times during the day up to 19 hours per week on the days they choose.
He/she is responsible for receiving trucks full of orders and preparing them for delivery.
The delivery station employee offers concurrent, practical backup to make sure customer’s packages arrive on time.
He/she utilizes absolute customer-service techniques to enable immediate, practical investigation of where a package is and how Amazon can get it to a customer as speedily as possible.
If you are applying to work as an Amazon delivery station employee, some of the qualities and abilities you may be asked to possess include experience with Windows Operating Systems and Microsoft Outlook; familiarity with window navigation, multiple web browsers, and instant messenger tools.
It also includes previous customer-service experience and experience working on a merchandising and brand ambassador team; integrity with a track record of earning trust; and ability to effectively prioritize work time to ensure efficiency.
Amazon Delivery Station Employee Educational Qualifications
You will be required to show evidence of academic qualifications in your search for an Amazon delivery station job.
To get employed for the delivery station employee position at Amazon, you need to obtain at least a High School Diploma or equivalent.
Amazon Delivery Station Employee Salary Information
Amazon delivery station employees working in the United States receive hourly pay of 17.25 or more.
Amazon Delivery Station Employee Job Description Example/Sample/Template
Amazon delivery station employees perform the responsibilities:
- Communicating with customers directly by email and by phone
- Sympathizing with and prioritizing customer needs
- Assisting company values in working with every customer, resolving any issues, and setting appropriate expectations with customers
- Visibly understanding and replying properly to the issues that customers present
- Constantly composing a grammatically correct, brief, and accurately written reply to customers
- Approaching problems logically and with good judgment to ensure the right customer result
- Making immediate and valuable decisions for the customer
- Working a flexible, part-time schedule of 20 to 29 hours per week
- Carrying, lifting, pushing/pulling up to 50 pounds
- Standing, kneeling, crouching, and/or stretching during shifts up to 12 hours long
- Loading conveyor belts and transporting and staging deliveries to be picked up by drivers
- Linking customers with professionals who can provide them the most accurate and up-to-date information about their packages.
Amazon Delivery Station Employee Job Description for Resume
If you are writing a new resume or CV and are presently working or have worked before as a delivery station employee at Amazon, it will be a boost to your resume to have that work experience in it.
You need to have the professional or work experience section in your resume/CV to let the recruiter/employer know that you have been successful performing the duties and responsibilities of a delivery station employee.
This piece of information can greatly influence the recruiter/employer to give you an interview, especially if the new job that you are seeking requires having some work experience in a delivery station.
You can create an impressive professional experience section for your resume/CV by applying the Amazon delivery station employee job description example above.
Amazon Delivery Station Requirements – Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities for Career Success
Here are major requirements you may be expected to meet to be hired at Amazon for a delivery station employee position:
- 1-2 years customer service experience, and experience with Microsoft Office
- Ability to communicate well with both internal and external customers regarding delivery methods
- Conflict resolution capability to provide the best customer solution
- Problem-solving skills to arrange an appropriate solution to suit customer needs
- Ability to work with little or no guidance, and make complex investigation decisions
- Ability to handle both verbal and written contacts
- Ability to liaise with 3rd party carriers
- Strong in both written and verbal English
- Self-disciplined, quick self-learning, diligent, and proactive individual
- Ability to travel for 1 week of training
- Excellent individual analytical skills and attention to detail.
This post is helpful to individuals interested in the delivery station employee career.
They will be able to learn all they need to know about the duties and responsibilities of a delivery station employee, and so be able to decide if it’s the right career for them.
It is also helpful to recruiters/employers looking to hire the best candidates for a delivery station employee job in their companies.
They can apply the sample Amazon delivery station employee job description on this page in making a detailed description of the job for use in their recruitment process.
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.