Alcoa Hiring Process: Job Application, Interview, and Employment
The hiring process at Alcoa Corporation involves various stages, including the job application and interview where you will need to answer certain questions to prove that you are the right person for the job.
This post provides detailed information of the Alcoa recruitment process to help you learn what to do to gain employment with the Alcoa Corporation.
Please, read on:
Alcoa Company Overview
Alcoa Corporation is the world’s 8th largest industrial firm that deals on aluminum situated in the United States of America.
Founded in the United States of America, Alcoa has its operations extended to some other countries of the world with its primary essence of existence being the production of aluminum, bauxite, and alumina.
This is achieved through its active and ever-growing ability in the area of mining, fabrication, smelting, recycling, and refining.
Alcoa Corporation was established in 1888 by founder Charles Martin Hall with the headquarters situated at Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States with services reaching many markets in the world.
Alcoa on November 1, 2016, split into two distinct units: Alcoa Corporation, which is into mining and manufacturing of raw aluminum and Archonic, which deals on processing aluminum and other metals.
Alcoa Hiring Process
There are some skills that are highly regarded in this Corporation which you should take note of to be successful in gaining employment with Alcoa.
What are these skills?
- Strong leadership: Yes, you must be a leader to the core, not necessarily by position but by disposition and behavior.
- Creativity and problem solving skills: You are employed to create solutions to underlying problems in the Corporation and not just fill the vacancy advertised. Again, this should be done without creating further problem in the process.
- Effective communication: In this Corporation, there is a need for clear, effective and purpose-driven communication, be in oral or written. You must be efficient in your communication to be able to carry others along in the team.
- Strong analytical skills: You should be able to look at problems and break them down into tiny bits to help make adequate analysis for decision making purposes.
- Collaborative skills: Yes, this is another requisite skill you will need to be able to adapt to the dealings in this Corporation. You will not be working alone and as such you must have the skill and ability to work with other colleagues at all levels in the organization.
- Customer services skills: This is very important not necessarily because you might work in that unit but because you could be approached by a customer for information or complaint. So just be ready to represent the corporation in the right way and give the customer the needed confidence to believe the Corporation for better services.
Above are some of the skills you will need to have or acquire to be able to do well in Alcoa Corporation.
Combining those skills with a good resume/CV and qualifications is sure to give you the expected end in your question to land a job at Alcoa Corporation.
- Alcoa Job Application Process
Now you know the nature of the Corporation you intend working for, how do you apply for a position there?
Well, it is pretty straightforward – apply online from the Corporation’s official website at www.alcoa.com.
This means that when you find yourself at the Corporation’s official website, you are 50% closer to sending your application across.
From the official website, navigate to the career page by clicking on the Career option from the drop-down menu.
From the next page, you will find a link with the title “Start Here. Explore our career opportunities globally”.
Clicking on this link will take you to the next page where you can either search any available job or simply click on any of the available ones listed on the page.
Sure enough, the next page shown after clicking on any given job will lead you to another page where you will learn about the job description and what other steps you will take to submit your application.
So the application is submitted online from the career site of the Corporation.
During your job application, there are certain vital information you are expected to provide, including:
- Resume/CV: Some of the information that should be contained in your resume/CV include contact information, work experience, and Education. If any of these information are missing, then your resume/CV might not be given a second look.
Another thing you need to note is that you will have some questions to answer (pre-employment questionnaire).
Here, you will be asked basic questions about the Company like how you came to know about the Company and the post you applied for.
Additional questions could include if you have the legal authorization to work in the United States and your desired salary range, among others.
The questionnaire comes in three forms, which are:
- EEO Questions: This questionnaire is to gather basic information such as race, gender, and ethnicity.
- Voluntary Self-identification of Disability: Here the questions are centered on knowing if you have disabilities or not and what type of disability if yes is the answer.
- Veteran’s Self-identification Forum: This is to verify the veteran status of an applicant though not necessarily compulsory.
Depending on the personal information you provided during the application process, you will need to be at alert to know when and where the hiring team has chosen to give you a feedback.
This is probably through a phone call or an email. So, whichever way, you just have to respond promptly to the feedback.
2. Alcoa Interview Process
One of the most important things to know when preparing for an interview at Alcoa is to know in details the strides and achievements of this Corporation over the last few years.
This is one of the areas candidates must focus on and get a good grip of what the organization stands for in the industry.
During the interview, an applicant should be able to convince the interviewers about his/her knowledge of the Corporation, as well as his/her professional experience and achievements over the years.
Additional questions will be asked to test applicant’s psychological balance and disposition in regards to the job he/she applied for and that will be key to getting hired.
Alcoa Corporation Interview Questions
Here are possible interview questions to expect to be asked if you are attending a job interview with Alcoa:
- In your opinion, what makes this industry a fundamental one?
- How do you cope with challenging times in your job?
- In your opinion, do you think communication is instrumental to the success of a group?
- Can you rate your communication skills?
- What skills do you have that can suit this industry?
- What are your parameters for measuring success?
- What can your former employer say about you in regards to transparency and honesty?
- Who are the major competitors of Alcoa and what makes it different from its competitors?
- What are your expectations about this company?
- What are your predictions about this industry considering the fact that it is a volatile one?
Alcoa Corporation Jobs and Careers
Here are major job areas applicants can look forward to having a successful career at Alcoa Corporation:
- Customer Service
- Health care
- Human Resources
- Information technology
- Professional Services
- Strategy Planning
What to Expect Working for Alcoa Corporation
The benefits employees enjoy working for Alcoa include:
- Special Alcoa employee benefits such as Alcoa Employee Assistance Program, Mobile phone discount, and employee discounts.
- Healthcare benefits such as Medical Plan, Health Savings Account, Vision plan, and Dental plan.
- Insurance benefits, which include Supplemental Life Insurance, Basic Life Insurance Plan, AD&D Insurance plan, etc.
- Retirement Benefits, which include 401(k) plan, Pension plan, and Retirement plan.
- Financial benefits, which include Employee Stock Purchase Program, Competitive salaries, Performance-based bonus system, and Flexible Spending Account.
- Other benefits, which include Professional support, Paid Holidays, Paid Vacation, Sick Days and Bereavement leave.
Applicants stand a good chance of getting hired by Alcoa if with their qualifications and skills they are able to convince the hiring team that they have what it takes to excel in the Company.
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.