Amazon Delivery Service Partner Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
This post provides complete information on the job description of an Amazon delivery service partner, to help you learn what they do.
It highlights the key duties, tasks, and responsibilities that commonly make up the Amazon delivery service partner work description.
It also presents the major requirements you may be expected to meet to be hired for the delivery service partner role with Amazon or other companies.
Please, continue reading to improve your knowledge of the Amazon delivery service partner career:
What Does an Amazon Delivery Service Partner Do?
The Amazon delivery service partner is responsible for following established routes to deliver varieties of goods, items, and/or merchandise to Amazon customers in different locations.
He/she is responsible for working cooperatively with a team of Amazon delivery professionals to deliver packages from one place or location to another in line with established routes and budgets set out by the Amazon delivery manager to facilitate the large shipment of products, materials, and goods.
In other words, the delivery service partner refers to one whose profession is to assist with the facilitation of the transportation and delivery of a variety of items from the Amazon production areas and/or warehouse to businesses and customers.
One of the core tasks that are carried out by an Amazon delivery service partner is to oversee and handle the process of loading and unloading cargo, which also requires him/her to know safe lifting techniques.
Another crucial task which happens to be one of the ultimate goals of the delivery service partner is to assist with the transportation and delivering of packages and/or items to a specified destination or a variety of locations within a certain time frame.
He/she is responsible for ensuring that packages that are meant for delivery must arrive at the specified destination undamaged in the condition they were loaded in, and if any problem occurs with the package, a delivery service partner is saddled with the responsibility of relaying the details to the Amazon delivery manager or the appropriate personnel and work to fix the issue professionally.
Amazon delivery service partners may also be required to accept payment for packages or delivery fees upon arrival, which can be done with the utilization of a mobile credit card processor.
They are also saddled with the responsibility of keeping accurate, up-to-date, and error-free track of any payments made for packages.
Individuals who want to work in the job role/position of an Amazon delivery service partner is required to showcase certain important skills and qualities that help to ensure and enhance efficiency and productivity in the process of performing the job duties.
Some of these required skills and qualities include punctuality, strong customer service skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, well-developed interpersonal and teamwork skills, attention to detail, strong multitasking skills, physical strength and stamina, basic computer skills, and excellent time management skills.
In terms of academic qualifications, the Amazon delivery service partner’s role demands that the ideal candidate possesses at least a High School Diploma or its equivalent.
Amazon Delivery Service Partner Salary: The average salary for the delivery service partner position at Amazon is $31,500 annually, according to ZipRecruiter.
Amazon Delivery Service Partner Job Description Example/Sample/Template
Amazon delivery service partners perform the responsibilities:
- Loading and unloading cargo as well as having an adequate understanding of safe lifting techniques
- Ensuring that packages are delivered to their specified destinations within a given time frame
- Accepting payment for packages or delivery fees upon arrival, as well as utilizing relevant tools like a mobile credit card processor
- Driving Amazon delivery vehicles to deliver items and/or packages to their specified locations
- Reporting potential issues to the appropriate personnel or department
- Providing information on new products or items to customers
- Keeping inventory areas well-maintained and organized when required
- Keeping accurate track of payments made for packages and ensuring that records are up-to-date and error-free.
Amazon delivery service partner Job Description for Resume
If you are making a new resume or CV and have worked before as a delivery service partner with Amazon or are currently working in that role, you can improve the strength of your resume/CV by adding the professional experience section to it.
With the professional or work experience section included in your resume/CV, you can clearly let the recruiter/employer know that you have been successful performing the delivery service partner job.
This piece of information can work in your favor in getting the recruiter/employer to give you an interview appointment, especially if the new position that you are applying for requires someone with some delivery service partner work experience.
You can create a compelling professional experience section for your resume/CV by applying the Amazon delivery service partner job description example above.
Amazon Delivery Service Partner Requirements – Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities for Career Success
If you are seeking to work as a delivery service partner with Amazon or other companies, the requirements you may be expected to meet include:
- Strong customer service orientation to be able to assist customers in resolving problems regarding their packages in a professional and prompt manner, as well as interacting with them effectively
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to be able to interact with co-workers and delivery managers, as well as customers
- Adequate driving experience of at least one or two years of commercial driving experience
- Strong time management skills to be able to ensure that items are delivered to customers within a given timeframe
- Good problem-solving skills to be able to tackle and fix any problems that may arise regarding packages
- Educational qualification of minimum High School Diploma or its equivalent.
This post is helpful to individuals interested in the delivery service partner career with Amazon or other companies who want to increase their knowledge of what the role does.
It is also useful to recruiters/employers interested in hiring for the vacant delivery service partner position in their companies.
They can apply the sample Amazon delivery service partner job description on this page in creating a detailed description of the vacant delivery service partner role for use in attracting the best qualified candidates to the position.