This post provides detailed information on the job description of an administrative data entry clerk, to help you learn what they do.
What Does an administrative data entry clerk Do?
A company’s administrative data entry clerk is responsible for updating, retrieving, and maintaining information contained in the firm’s computers.
The administrative data entry clerk job description usually involves carrying out tasks such as transferring paper information into computer folders or files.
He/she uses Word Processor and Spreadsheet software to input data, including data that are related to surveys, sales, statistics and client information, to the computer.
In most companies, administrative data entry clerks usually make use of already prepared software systems and packages that have been specially created to meet the company’s specific needs.
Data entry clerks work in a number of firms, especially in the banking, marketing, and sales industries. Others are also employed by educational and medical firms.
They are professionals who delight in working with computers, and are fast at typing.
They are required to have exceptional organizational aptitude, sound communication and interpersonal skills, as well as a strong capacity for analytical reasoning.
They are also required to possess the ability to operate under deadlines, and utilize personal initiative.
The data entry clerk working in an administrative setting is sometimes required to work with external customers and firms.
In a situation where the clerk is having problem working with certain data items, he/she is expected to seek additional information and help from relevant personnel or department, or from outside sources.
He/she is also expected to be well familiar with available software programs for data management, as well as with a diverse range of office machines, including tapes and printers.
Administrative Data Entry Clerk Job Description Example/Sample/Template
Below is a sample of the key duties, tasks, and responsibilities a typical administrative data entry clerk job description entails.
The individual aspiring to this role should be prepared to carry out the following functions when employed:
- Handle database by entering fresh and updated account and information
- Organize source data for computer entry by assembling and classifying information, as well as certifying entry preferences
- Handle client and account source record by reassessing data for imperfections; settling discrepancies by utilizing standard procedures, or give back unfinished records to the team leader for appropriate resolution
- Input clients’ account information by utilizing the numeric and alphabetic facts on optical scanner keyboard in line with screen format
- Adhere to data procedure and program techniques when performing data entry duties
- Confirm account and customer information that was entered and correct, evaluate, delete, and reenter information when it is incomplete, or when clearing out files to get rid of duplication of data.
Administrative Data Entry Clerk Job Description for Resume
Note that the job description example shown above can be used in writing a resume for the position of administrative data entry clerk.
The information above can be adopted in writing the professional experience section of the resume. You will only need to adjust it to suit your actual experience.
Administrative Data Entry Clerk Requirements: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities for Career Success
The following skills, aptitude and education are required for a successful career as an administrative data entry clerk:
- Possess basic educational qualification, including GED or High school diploma
- Ability to handle transactions in line with established procedures and policies; and to give account of necessary modifications made
- Outstanding ability to inspect accounts and customer system modifications by entering new data and evaluating output
- Ability to handle project operations, client confidence, and protect confidential information
- Possess strong capacity to work with deadlines and meet them
- Adequate consciousness of safety issues
- Possess outstanding English and Mathematical skills
- Strong ability to perform assigned tasks swiftly and accurately, and also to be detailed oriented.
- Possess outstanding skill in customer service delivery, as well as basic knowledge of spreadsheets, word processing and databases.