Client Relationship Manager Job Description Example
What Does a Client Relationship Manager Do?
A client relationship manager, CRM, is responsible for building and establishing positive relationships between a company and its clients.
Their job description entails overseeing various activities which directly or indirectly affect client opinion, perception, and image of an organization, product or service.
Client relationship managers in performing their duties set and enforce standards for interacting and transacting with clients.
They monitor the operations of client relationship staff to ensure they comply with set policies and procedures.
Client relationship managers communicate with clients to identify their needs and assist in meeting those needs and requirements.
In communicating with clients, they maintain proper customer service etiquette in order to endear clients to their services/product and increase customer base.
As part of their strategies to increase client base, client relationship managers utilize social media platforms such as Twitter to create a medium through which company services and offers are publicized to reach its customers.
This medium is also used by client relationship managers to obtain client feedback and information regarding products and services.
Their work description also involves identifying customer opinion or perception of an organization’s product or services in order to make appropriate adjustments.
They utilize CRM tools and database to organize and manage customer relations to ensure client satisfaction and loyalty.
They also maintain good understanding of company products/services as well as changing economic and industry trends so as to be able to effectively meet the needs of clients.
As part of their duties, client relationship managers collaborate with sales and marketing teams to implement action plans for the delivery of high quality client services.
They ensure prompt resolution of client issues or complaints. They also set objectives and implement strategies necessary for achieving set goals and target.
Client relationship managers produce reports of job activities to company management.
They also carry out research and participate in seminars and conferences to update job knowledge.
The client relationship manager job requires a Bachelor’s degree in marketing, management, or a degree in other business related disciplines.
To succeed in this job, the qualities you need include communication, persuasive, and interpersonal skills.
Client Relationship Manager Job Description Example/Template
The work of a CRM entails various tasks, duties, and responsibilities with the primary goal to ensure a great relationship between their company and its clients.
If you are hiring for the client relationship manager position and need a good job description to pick the best hand for the job, you can use the following example:
- Liaise between an organization and it’s clients to ensure delivery of high quality products/services to clients and increased revenue for company
- Conduct surveys and analyze to identify client opinion of a brand, product, or service
- Develop and implement action plans to improve company-client relationship
- Utilize CRM tools and database in the management and organization of client relationship information
- Collaborate with sales teams to ensure active implementation of client relationship objectives during sales operations
- Establish client relationship targets as well as the strategies necessary for actualizing set goals
- Ensure compliance with all external and internal regulations/laws on client-company relationship
- Analyze industry trends to identify developments in client relations and adjust accordingly
- Maintain contact with clients through calls, emails, and arranged meetings to update them on product offers and ensure they are satisfied with received product/service
- Assist clients in selecting choice products, managing budgets, and arranging personal conditions for purchase of products
- Carry out analysis to identify opportunities for expanding customer base and improving sales
- Organize training programs for client relationship staff to improve their job knowledge and enhance their skills
- Establish convenient online channels for easy ordering and payment for products or services
- Assist in addressing client complaint as well as resolving issues or challenges with received product
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of client relations by studying relevant publications and attending educational programs.
Client Relationship Manager Resume Preparation
If you are looking to build a client relationship manager resume, you should include the work experience section to show prospective employers the functions of the position that you have previously carried out.
To make this section easily and effectively, you can apply content from the sample job description given above.
As necessary, you can modify the duties and responsibilities of a CRM given in the above work description to tally with the roles you actually performed working in the position.
Requirements – Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge – for Client Relationship Manager Role
If you are seeking a client relationship manager position, the following requirements are what most employers will expect you to meet to access the job:
- Education and Training: To become a client relationship manager, you require a Bachelor’s degree in business related disciplines, such as marketing, public administration, or management. Prior experience in the field of sales or customer service is also essential in securing this position
- Communication Skills: Client relationship managers are able to effectively interact with customers to build positive relationships
- Persuasive Qualities: They are able to highlight the benefits of a product or service to convince purchase as well as influence customer dependence
- Interpersonal Skills: Client relationship managers are adept at working with various company departmental heads and client relationship teams in order to achieve a common goal.
Client Relationship Manager Skills for Resume
Again, if you are making a resume for the client relationship manager role, you will also need to include the skills section in it where you highlight the qualities you are bringing to the job.
The above required qualities show the relevant skills needed to succeed on the job; therefore, you can ensure you have the qualities and then highlight them in your resume.
When employers read your resume and see that you have the skills they require for the job, your resume will stand a better chance of getting a favorable response from them.
If you are seeking the client relationship manager job, this post provides the major duties, tasks, and responsibilities of the role to increase your knowledge of what the job entails, and the skills you need to succeed in it.
As an employer, the sample job description also given in this post provides a template that you can use in designing an effective work description for hiring the best person for the job and assigning tasks to them.
Did you find the above client relationship manager job description useful? Please, let us know what you think about this post by giving a comment in the box below. You can also tell us about what you did as a client relationship manager if you have worked in that position before.