This post provides in-depth information on the job description of a telesales team leader, to help you understand the key duties, tasks, and responsibilities of the role.
What Does a Telesales Team Leader Do?
The telesales team leader is the staff whose role is to lead and direct the telesales team to make high sales and enjoy good patronage from clients; to obtain excellent records in call quality and sales delivery.
He/she directs the telesales team as they contact customers via the telephone to make sales transactions and support field sales.
The job description of the telesales team leader entails monitoring call time, call quality, and revenue targets, among other things.
As an expert sales personnel, he/she makes efforts to build strong and lasting relationships with clients in order for them to not only make one time purchase, but continuous purchase as this increases company sales.
Understanding the market terrain, the leader of a telesales team studies the needs and wants of customers and makes available commodities that will meet these needs so as to draw them toward making high sales.
He/she develops leads from prospective buyers who show the slightest interest in products offered by the organization.
To do this, he/she outlines specific questions to be answered by prospective customers in order to determine their level of interest in buying the products at given prices and follows them up.
In order to increase company sales, telesales team leaders contact already established customers about new products that arrive in the company, intimate them with their uses and benefits and inquire if they might be interested in buying them.
This is done using customer database, contacting them based on their purchase history.
Telesales Team Leader Job Description Sample/Example/Template
The major tasks, duties and responsibilities of the telesales team leader are listed in the sample job description below:
- Facilitate direct sales by instructing team members to inform existing customers about new arrivals in the company and encouraging them to make sales
- Inform customers about all products in the company, their uses and benefits
- Take orders made by customers and ensure that they are successfully delivered to them in due time
- Follow up sales delivery to customers and inquire about their user experience of goods purchased, making use of their feedback in rating customer satisfaction
- Ensure proper documentation in the information system in due time and check through them for accuracy
- Interact closely with other team members in the course of work to ensure that everyone is carried along and updated on work progress in order to achieve maximum results
- Ensure that customers are treated cordially and are held in high esteem in order to make them patronize the company continuously
- Create good relationship with team members and motivate them to put in their best to work in order to achieve maximum results
- Evaluate sales records periodically to make balances and ensure that sales figures tally with number of goods sold
- Coach team members on the best ways to carry out their duties by transferring expert knowledge to them to boost their skills
Telesales Team Leader Job Description for Resume
The job description example above provides appropriate information to prepare the work history section of the resume for seeking the position of the leader of a telesales team.
Telesales Team Leader Requirements: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities for Career Success
Telesales team leaders need to have the following attributes to be effective on the job:
- Exhibit good marketing skills to make high sales
- Excellent presentation skills to convince customers about new products
- Good motivational skills to bring out the best in team members
- Good managerial skills to lead the team successfully
- Ability to make good sales decision