Stein Mart Hiring Process: Job Application, Interviews, and Employment
The Stein Mart hiring process involves various stages, including the job application, interview, and other stages you will be expected to pass through to be employed by the Company.
This post provides complete information on the recruitment process at Stein Mart to help you learn all you need to do to be hired at the company.
Please, continue reading:
Stein Mart Company Overview
Stein mart is a well-regarded department store chain patronized by both men and women. It is an American establishment based in Jackson Florida.
The company has stores mainly within the southeast, Texas, and California, carrying latest trends in unisex clothing.
Asides from clothing, other merchandise such as home decoration, accessories, as well as varieties of shoes can be purchased at discounted prices at Stein mart.
Initially, when Stein Mart started in 1908, the department store was engaged in general merchandise.
However, when Sam Stein’s (the founder) son took over the business, he redirected the company’s focus towards discounted clothing.
Under the leadership of Jay Stein, Stein Mart experienced a significant advancement in the fashion industry as a retailer.
The Stein Mart Hiring Process
The hiring process conducted by Stein Mart varies sometimes, based on the type of position a job seeker applies for.
However, this article will provide the typical hiring process you will expect to find at the company:
- Job Application Process
To get a job offer from Stein mart, retail applicants are advised to submit a job request/application online via the company’s official website, or at one of the designated stores.
As an employment seeker, you shouldn’t be less than 18 years to apply for a job.
The company provides detailed information on their official website about available jobs, and how to apply for them.
This is the main reason why applicants should make their application online, rather than visiting a Stein Mart store.
Moreover, the application process may take a bit long to complete (probably 30 minutes), and applicants will be responded to within a week after the submission of their application.
2. Interview Process
When an applicant possesses the proper qualities and experience needed for the job, he/she will be contacted via phone call to schedule a formal job interview, and the store manager will be the one to interview the candidate.
According to almost every person who has participated in the Stein Mart interview, it is not a difficult or complex experience.
You only need to provide the appropriate answers to varieties of questions that will be asked.
Stein Mart interview questions are mainly used by the interviewer to assess the candidate’s competence for the job.
Moreover, if you are seeking for a managerial role, expect more than just questions.
You may be asked to perform one or two exercises.
The results of your performance in the exercise(s) will help the recruiters to decide if you are the most suitable candidate for the role or not.
Now, going for an interview without making any preparation tends to end terribly.
Even before you receive an invitation for the interview, it is highly recommended to start preparing it.
Here are some helpful interview tips:
- Before the interview, it’s a wise decision to review your resume and application materials, and preparing answers for practical interview questions.
- Ensure you research about Stein Mart, and have a comprehensive knowledge of their history, services, and products, and goals.
- Since Stein Mart is a clothing retail company, you should appear in an appropriate attire, and also have a good dress sense.
- It is advised to be polite, professional, and patient even if it seems like you are not performing well in the interview.
- Get ready to discuss your strengths, career goals, development needs, and job expectations, as well as the accomplishments you’ve had in your career and previous workplace.
3. What is the Duration for Stein Mart Hiring Process?
The moment your interview has been completed, the Human Resources department will have a discussion regarding your interview performance and qualifications, after which they will decide the lucky candidate(s) to be given the employment offer.
Whether you are chosen or not, the HR team will still contact you in less than two weeks after the interview.
4. Background Checks
Currently, most organizations find it difficult or impossible to hire a worker who has been convicted of felony.
Hence, Stein Mart always does a compulsory background check on any candidate that they are about to employ.
This is the last aspect of the hiring process, and it is very important since it helps the HR team to screen out candidates who may be bad influence on other employees within the company.
Moreover, conducting a background check is one of the Stein Mart policy and any applicant who won’t adhere to this policy can’t be hired.
Stein Mart Jobs and Careers
Here are major roles at Stein Mart attracting a large number of applicants:
- Service associate: This employee is responsible for working cash registers, arranging products in the store area, cleaning the store, and aiding customers in reaching the products they want to purchase. He/she can sometimes educate customers on products so that they can make the right choice.
- Merchandising lead: This position is responsible for displaying merchandise in a way that will entice customers, which will drive sales in the store. This employee is expected to be fashion-inclined and able to lead a team of merchandise associates.
- Store manager: This employee is responsible for overseeing every activity that takes place in the store. He/she trains both new and old employees to be efficient in performing their work duties. A store manager must have organizational skill and ability to make delegation.
- Receiving managers: The primary duties of this role are to unload trucks, get merchandise ready for store placement, handling inventory using the company’s computer. He/she is also responsible for overseeing the handling of incoming goods/products, and offering assistance in preventing loss in the store.
- Financial accountant: This position has a responsibility in GAAP compliance, and accurately balances inventory in Stein Mart public financial statements. He/she manages staff, SOX compliance, as well as process enhancement. A financial accountant is also expected to innovate expertise to become trustworthy accounting liaison with business aspects that pertain to inventory, such as supply chain, IT, merchandising, loss prevention and store operations.
What to Expect Working at Stein Mart
Whether you are a full-time or part-time worker at Stein Mart, you will be given various benefits, which include healthcare, flexible spending accounts, and retirement plan.
The healthcare coverage consists of medical, vision, and dental insurance. There are also other benefits to enjoy while working for this company; they include employee stock purchase programs, store discounts, as well as long-term and short-term disability assistance.
However, based on your role, you may have a whole lot of work to do on daily basis. Since Stein Mart is a retail company, handling difficult customers can be challenging most times.
Stein Mart is one of the admired retailers in the United States. In as much as many individuals seek for employment in this company, not every job application is accepted by the Human Resources department.
However, this shouldn’t deter your enthusiasm to apply for a job at Stein Mart.
The company sometimes rejects an applicant not because his/her qualification doesn’t meet the job requirements, but the rejection is as a result of not possessing the right personality to perform the job competently.
Discover the kind of test you may be expected to take to be hired at Stein Mart; find lots of practice tests to prepare with: Job Assessment Tests.
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.