TJ Maxx Hiring Process: Job Application, Interviews, and Employment
The hiring process at TJ Maxx involves various stages, including the job application, interview, and other stages you need to pass through to be offered an employment at the company.
Please, continue reading:
TJ Maxx Company Overview
TJ Maxx is a departmental store chain in the United States, selling merchandise at a discounted rate unlike other related stores.
It owns and operates at least 1,000 stores within America, which makes it one of the largest clothing retail companies in the U.S.
The company was founded by Bernard Cammarata in the year 1976, and it is currently part of the TJX companies – the owner of HomeGoods/Homesense, and discount retail chains Sierra in the U.S.
TJ Maxx has an e-commerce website that was launched in 2009. Initially, they sold only bags via the site, but the management later expanded the range to include shoes, clothing, jewelry, as well as other home goods and accessories.
As a result of this, customers can effortlessly purchase their preferred product without visiting the store.
The TJ Maxx Hiring Process
Virtually every applicant can be hired by TJ Maxx, as long as such candidate can successfully pass through the recruitment process of the company.
According to TJ Maxx, here are what to expect in their hiring process.
- Job Application Process
Just like every other retailers in the United States, TJ Maxx hiring process begins with an online job application.
As an applicant, go to the company’s careers website, click on your job category and search for the specific job you wish to apply for.
The site has been programmed to provide accurate instructions on how complete the application.
Alternatively, if you prefer applying at one of the TJ Maxx stores, then just print out the application form on the site, fill it correctly and submit to a designated store not too far from where you reside.
Once you have submitted your official bid for employment, whether online or in-store, TJ Maxx will review the information and send you a response (provided you are eligible).
2. Interview Process
A formal interview session with the district/area manager or one of the HR team comes up after your application has been found eligible for the job.
If you are an entry-level applicant, you will experience a single interview. However, managerial candidates may need to be interviewed more than once, dues to how significant the role is.
Interviews are usually conducted in-store, and they are generally brief but tough. Regardless of the role, TJ Maxx never allows an interview session to exceed 40 minutes.
Moreover, if you are going to have two interviews, they will be conducted same day but by different interviewers.
Furthermore, TJ Maxx interviewers or hiring representatives ask typical questions during the interview, such as:
- What makes you a qualified candidate for this employment?
- Are you passionate about your job, and why?
- Working here sometimes can be challenging. How do you plan to cope?
- Tell me what you know about TJ Maxx?
- Is there anything that motivates you at work?
- What’s your own description of customer service, and how important is it to retail company like TJ Maxx?
Every candidate wants to ace an interview, but might be impossible if solid preparations are not made prior to the interview.
Before attending any interview, ensure you are well-prepared and ready to impress the interviewer.
Here are interview tips that you may consider imbibing:
- Regardless of the role you are applying for, make sure you have good knowledge of customer service? Every company needs an employee who can handle customers competently.
- Your outfit for the interview should be business-casual or official. This clearly shows your serious interest in the job.
- Every of your answer should be absolutely honest. Don’t try to tell your interviewer what you think he/she would like to hear, it is very wrong.
- During the interview, don’t forget to exhibit friendly and personable attitudes.
3. What is the Duration of TJ Maxx Hiring Process?
Based on the role you were interviewed for, you may need to play a waiting game after the interview.
TJ Maxx usually takes enough time to decide the eligible candidates that will be employed. Therefore, you may not hear from the company within a short time-frame.
However, if you wait longer that three weeks, then seek for a way to contact the recruiting team.
4. Training and Orientation
TJ Maxx doesn’t completely hire a staff until he/she must have learned the company’s culture, and how to perform assigned duties as well.
Hence, the Human Resources department always conducts a training and orientation program for every new set of employees recruited into the company.
A new worker will be educated on every necessary thing about TJ Maxx, which involves watching special videos.
Also, certain supervisors or coordinators will be available to train you on how to function competently in the role you have applied for.
You will get to learn about health regulations and how to maintain safety within the store.
TJ Maxx Jobs and Careers
As a retail company, the following jobs commonly attract lots of job applications:
- Merchandise coordinator: This employee is mainly responsible for establishing and executing merchandising plans in a designated TJ Maxx store. He/she maintains the flow of recent goods/products from the backroom to sales. A merchandise coordinator also ensures steady and excellent ticketing, stock quality, and pricing.
- Backroom coordinator: This role receives trucks and gets the backroom well-organized. He/she processes income deliveries, rotates stock, and supports a high-quality customer experience. A backroom coordinator can be assigned to train new store associates.
- Merchandise associate: This employee mainly works on merchandise presentation and processing; he/she performs markdowns and cashiering duties, and offers customer services as well. Merchandise associate is expected to be smart, agile, flexible, and able to move and lift items up to 50IB.
- Administrative coordinator: This position plays a significant role in the store. Some of the typical duties include effective management of administrative and clerical activities, such as overseeing HR systems, balancing daily receipts, and making sure office equipment is kept in good condition.
- Store managers: This employee is responsible for operating an allocated store. He/she manages store expertise in order to enhance performance, implements loss prevention rules within the store, and hires excellent staffs as well as assistant managers.
What to Expect Working at TJ Maxx
TJ Maxx ensures that every employee has a great experience working at the company.
They offer staffs store discounts, paid training, and a supportive work environment.
If you are lucky to be a full-time crew member, you will enjoy life insurance, medical coverage, holiday pay, paid time off, and vacation time.
Moreover, the management is supportive and the communication between them and employees is great.
However, TJ Maxx doesn’t guarantee job security and the working hours are usually long, but not so terrible.
Generally, getting employed at TJ Maxx is a straightforward process. For entry-level roles like merchandise associate or cashier, the Human Resources team hires applicants who have little or no previous work experience.
As a managerial candidate, asides from having the qualifications needed for the job, you need to also possess leadership qualities and know about business procedures.
Discover the kind of test you may be expected to take to be hired at TJ Maxx; find lots of practice tests to prepare with: Job Assessment Tests.