Software Engineer Salary in Michigan and How to Increase It
The software engineer salary in Michigan is $85,185 yearly.
This post provides exhaustive information on the software engineer salary in the State of Michigan and how to increase it, including the top cities and companies that pay the highest salaries to software engineers in Michigan.
Please read on:
Michigan is located in the Upper Midwest of the US, a region where salaries are way below the National average.
Michigan pays her software engineers $85,185 yearly with a bonus of $4,750, which is 9% lower than the National average.
The State of Michigan has a cost of living ratio that is 90.9%.
Software Engineer Salary across the State of Michigan
The difference between the top paying city (Holland) in Michigan and the lowest paying (Detroit) is just 16%.
Holland pays $99,615, which beats the National average by 30.2% ($25,441). This may be due to the low cost of living which is attracting software engineers to the State.
Landing and Livonia also pay high.
Highest Paying Cities for Software Engineers in Michigan
The State of Michigan has some cities that software engineer earn high, listed in the table below:
|City||Yearly Salary ($)|
Software Engineer Salary Based on Skill in the State of Michigan
Here are some of the highly demanded skills for software engineers and their earning power. The amount attached to each skill is added to the yearly salary of the software engineer:
- Software engineers with Scala skills earn 24.30%, which is $20,099 yearly add on salary.
- Os kernel skilled software engineers in Michigan State earn 17.55%, which is an added on salary of $14,949 yearly.
- Big Data skilled software engineers in Michigan earn 17.35%, which adds up to $14,799 yearly on salary.
- Microservices skilled software engineers earn 16.13%, which is an add-on to salary of $13,740 yearly.
- Michigan States software engineers with Machine Learning skills earn 11.91%, which is an addition to yearly salary of $10,145.
- Data Structures skilled software engineers in Michigan State earn 10.99%, which adds up to $9,361 on salary yearly.
Software Engineer Salary Based on Experience in the State of Michigan
The earning potential of software engineers in Michigan State based on their years of experience on the job is highlighted below.
The more the years of experience garnered, the higher the salary:
- – 1 year experience on the job earns a yearly salary of $88,334.
- 1 – 2 years of experience earns $90,755 yearly.
- 3 – 5 years earns $98,000 yearly.
- 6 – 9 years of experience on the job earns $103,805 yearly.
- 10 years and longer experience on the job earns $118,925 yearly.
10 Highest Paying Companies for Software Engineers in Michigan
These are the top paying companies in the State of Michigan for software engineering services:
More Benefits for Software Engineers in Michigan
Michigan State software engineers enjoy some benefits aside from the salary they get yearly.
Some of these benefits come as cash while others come as incentives:
- Stock Options. Software engineers in Michigan may be given stocks by their companies as benefits; these stocks may be transferred into cash at maturity.
- Vision Insurance. The vision of the Michigan State software engineer is very important. The fact that they stare continually at the glare of the computer may cause their vision to be affected. They may therefore be given a vision insurance to help with their vision.
- Gym Membership. Continually sitting and long hours of work can be stressful for the software engineer in Michigan. So, in other to relieve the stress, they may be provided with membership cards of gyms within the city.
- Food Provided. Food is provided to software engineers in Michigan because of the long hours of work without break. They are given food to ease the burden of not taking breaks.
- Commuter Assistance. Everyday traffic can be stressful and sometimes depressing, Software engineers in the State of Michigan are given commuter aided assistance to help them get easily to and from work.
What Related Job Titles to Software Engineering Earn in Michigan
Related jobs to software engineers in the State of Michigan may earn relatively lower or higher than software engineers.
Here are the related job titles that software engineers in Michigan can also explore:
- Full Stack Developer in Michigan earns $93,496.
- Backend Developer earns $88,614 yearly.
- Frontend Developer earns $86,749 yearly.
- Application Developer earns $76,825 yearly.
- Developer earns $51,457.
Software Engineer Job and Salary Outlook in Michigan
Thinking of moving to a better city or State? If you are, then you can check out Michigan.
Michigan has the right balance between cost of living and salary due to her location in the Upper Midwest, a region where cost of living is way too affordable.
It has a huge potential for growth, putting this factor into consideration.
How to Increase Your Salary as a Software Engineer in the State of Michigan
Highlighted below are some of the ways to increase your salary in Michigan State as a software engineer:
- Relocate. In Michigan State as a software engineer, moving from one city to another where the salary is high can aid in salary increase.
- Get good skills. See the salary attached for software engineers with top skills in the State of Michigan. You can increase your salary by getting good skills attached to your qualifications.
- Get a better degree. Getting certified with a higher degree will help you stand tall in your quest to increase your salary.
- Work for high paying companies. Shown above is the list of companies where software engineers get paid high in the State of Michigan. It will be better if the engineer wishing to increase their salary work in one of these companies.
More Career Opportunities for Software Engineers in Michigan
Here are some career opportunities that software engineer in Michigan can explore, and their estimated salaries:
- Computer network architect earns $104,000 yearly.
- Sales engineer earns $97,000 yearly.
- Information security analyst earns $91,000 yearly.
- Electrical engineer earns $88,000 yearly.
- Environmental engineer earns $87,000 yearly.
Michigan is a good State to work and live in for software engineers. It is located in a region where high salaries are hard to come by, but has the advantage of been affordable (90.9%).
Michigan is a state to consider as a software engineer when thinking of changing location because even though salaries are low ($85,185), however, the cost of living here is affordable.