If you’re interviewing for a job as a personal banker, you need to be well prepared for the questions that you will be asked so that you can give an excellent performance and increase your chances of being hired.
This post provides exhaustive amount of sample personal banker interview questions (with suggested answers) that you can use in your preparation for an interview for the job.
What do Interviewers look for in a Personal Banker?
When seeking for the right person for the personal banker position in their companies, interviewers look for someone who is good with people and also able to work well with numbers.
The individual should understand credit card interest rates, how much it takes to make an annual percentage rate on a loan, and be able to explain the principles of microcredit.
10 Most Common Personal Banker Interview Questions and Answers for Personal Banker
Here are some of the commonest questions to expect to be asked if you are taking a personal banker job interview:
- What is your greatest strength and weakness?
My greatest strength is that I am a hard worker and know how to prioritize my time. My weakness would be that I can’t turn down an opportunity without knowing the full scope of what it entails. I always try to do the best job possible, whether it’s at school, work, or volunteering with Club Med.
2. Tell me about one of your successes.
I successfully started my own gardening business this year because I enjoy working outside with plants and animals every day! It takes a lot of patience and endurance for me to see a project through from start to finish but it feels great when you see the fruits of your labor on display in your garden or backyard
3. What is your greatest achievement?
My biggest accomplishment to date would have to be graduating from university early in December. I was accepted into a prestigious university for my masters program and my future is bright. Although I still have a long way to go, I’m excited to see where life will take me next!
4. Why do you want to work as a personal banker?
I’ve always said that banking is my dream job and I believe that my skill set can help encourage and support future generations of young people to succeed in their school and college careers, which could lead them on the path towards an amazing career in the financial sector.
The opportunities are endless in this career field and every day you get new experience with new people. I love the challenge of constantly learning and it’s so fulfilling to see how much you can improve.
5. What’s your biggest weakness?
I would say that being too cautious is a weakness of mine. I tend to think about things too much and go into excruciating detail, which can be stressful for my team when we come across a problem or issue.
I also stress over certain situations, which could be seen as a weakness by others. If you allow yourself to take risks without considering the consequences, that would be my biggest strength!
6. What is your dream job?
I would love to be a CEO for a company that I am able to start from the ground up and lead an entire team.
I’m constantly inspired by entrepreneurs and the leaders of some of the biggest companies in the world. I know it won’t be easy but it’s my dream and passion to one day get there.
7. What do you want to be in five years?
I intend to go back to college and finish up my degree because I know that my skills won’t be needed in the workforce until there is a marketable product or service that needs development or produced.
I would like to be able to take my experience and knowledge and start a company in the field that I’m most passionate about and all of my hard work will be worth the wait.
8. What is the best perk of your job?
I think the best perk of working with a team that is focused on providing great service to customers who are looking for financial stability, whether it is saving up for a vacation or a new home, would have to be helping them achieve their goals.
The biggest reward for me is to know that I made someone’s day better by finding them an affordable payment plan or making sure they are aware of our great referral programs.
9. What is your greatest achievement?
I think my greatest achievement so far would be that I am a top-ranked College Success tutor in my school and have been the tutor of choice for many of my peers.
This is something that I take pride in because it really challenges me to think outside the box and come up with new ways to help my students learn, which allows me to work on my time management skills and organization as well.
10. Why do you want to work here?
This company has been around since 1921 and has stood the test of time, which is a testament to their values, vision, and most importantly their commitment towards great customer service.
More Sample Personal Banker Interview Questions
Here are additional personal banker interview question samples that you can practice with before the real interview date:
Sample Behavioral Interview Questions for Personal Banker Position
1. Think about a moment when you had to make a difficult decision?
2. Tell me about a time when you had to be tactful in response to someone’s critical feedback of your work.
3. Tell me about a time when you had to motivate yourself or someone else on the job?
4. Give an example of how you solved an administrative problem that complicated your work?
5. What are some of the reasons why people might not want to follow your instructions or commands?
Sample Case Interview Questions for Personal Banker Position
1. What was the last loan you made?
2. What do you recommend for someone who is starting a business and wants to know when they are eligible for loans?
3. Why would someone want to use your bank services over other banks?
4. How can one set themselves up in order to attain loans from your bank with ease?
5. Customer service is the key, how are you good at it?
Sample Competency Interview Questions for Personal Banker Position
1. What are some of the qualities that a personal banker should have?
2. What are the requirements to become a personal banker?
3. What will be an ideal candidate for the job of a personal banker?
4. Do you have a good command over the English language?
5. How important is it for a personal banker to have customer service skills?
Sample Problem-solving Interview Questions for Personal Banker Position
1. Why is it important for you to work in the financial industry?
2. What is your experience with customer service? How do you go about handling difficult customers?
3. What are your three strengths that you bring to the table in this position and how will they help in this position?
4. Why should we hire someone like you instead of someone else who might not have any experience or who might be too expensive?
5. Tell me about a time when things didn’t go well and how did you handle it?
Sample Situational Interview Questions for Personal Banker Position
1. Have you ever dealt with a situation where you had to convince someone of something?
2. Describe the last time that you compensated for a mistake that you made.
3. What was the best job or position that you have held?
4. How well do you handle other people’s difficult and emotional situations and emotions?
5. What would your friends and family say about how empathetic and understanding of others’ feelings are you?
Sample Communication Skills Interview Questions for Personal Banker Position
1. Can you tell me about a time when you communicated with a customer in a way that they appreciated?
2. What is your typical approach to communicating with customers?
3. What are some ways that you communicate with customers on an ongoing basis?
4. What kind of feedback do you get from customers on how well you listen and understand their needs and goals?
5. Why is good communication important, and how can you improve it?
Sample Interpersonal Skills Interview Questions for Personal Banker Position
1. How would a colleague describe you?
2. What is your greatest strength?
3. What qualities do you look for in a boss?
4. How would you handle conflicts if it occurs among the team at work?
5. How would you deal with a particular client who has a bad credit score, high outstanding debts and a poor financial status?
Sample Company Culture Interview Questions for Personal Banker Position
1. What types of work have you done in the past?
2. What type of finance experience do you have?
3. How did you get interested in the job?
4. How does the typical day start for a personal banker?
5. What’s the most exciting thing about working as a personal banker?
Sample Technical Questions for Personal Banker Position
1. What questions should I ask if I am evaluating my current banking product?
2. Explain the difference between asset protection and investment management
3. What questions should I ask when evaluating investment products offered by a bank?
4. How is your current personal banking product different from what you offer to your business customers?
5. What are the advantages that can be gained by opening a business account?
If you want to know how to do well in a personal banker interview and increase your chances of getting the job, then you need to prepare well for the questions that will be asked.
This post has furnished you with lots of personal banker interview questions you can apply in preparing for the actual interview.