Sample Interview Questions for Bank Teller Position (with Answers)
If you’re interviewing at a bank or financial institution for the bank teller position, you might get asked some tough questions for the interview(s) to be sure that you are the right person for the job.
This post provides exhaustive samples of common bank teller interview questions (and suggested answers) you can apply in preparing for your upcoming interview.
What do Interviewers look for in a bank Teller?
An interviewer will look for several qualities when hiring a new employee for the bank teller position.
They want someone who can be dependable, reliable, trustworthy, friendly, outgoing, honest, punctual, and hardworking.
These are all important characteristics that make up the personality of an ideal bank teller.
10 Most Common Bank Teller Interview Questions and Answers
Here are some of the commonest job interview questions for a bank teller position that you can practice with:
- What do you like most about your job?
I love being able to help people with their banking needs. It makes me happy knowing that I can provide assistance to customers and help them save money.
2. Do you know what your future holds?
Yes, I hope to build my career and grow as time goes on.
3. Tell us something about yourself.
Spending quality time with my husband of 13 years and children is my main pastime. We enjoy going camping together.
4. Why did you choose this particular company?
I chose this company because it was one of the first banks in our area. I wanted to work somewhere where I could learn more about banking and gain experience.
5. How would you describe yourself?
I am a very loyal person. I am always eager to assist others. I strive to be of assistance whenever feasible.
6. What are your strengths?
My biggest strength, I believe, is my capacity to listen. I really pay attention to what other people say. This helps me understand why they need my services.
7. What are your weaknesses?
Sometimes, I don’t take criticism well. I tend to become defensive when others point out my mistakes but I am getting better at managing criticisms now.
8. Describe a situation where you made a mistake.
One day I accidentally gave a customer too much cash. She didn’t seem upset though so I thought nothing of it.
Later she came back to complain about the amount of money she had received. I felt terrible because I knew I had given her too much.
9. What are your goals?
My goal is to continue growing as a bank teller and hope to become a manager some day.
10. What do you expect from us?
I expect you to give me the opportunity to prove myself and show you that I can perform my duties effectively. I also expect you to treat me fairly and respectfully.
More Sample Bank Teller Interview Questions
Here are additional bank teller interview questions to increase your chances of excelling in your next interview:
Sample Behavioral Interview Questions for Bank Teller Position
1. Do you feel comfortable speaking to customers?
2. Have you ever applied for another job before?
3. Are you currently employed elsewhere?
4. Would you consider this position full or part time?
5. If you were not working here, what kind of work would you prefer doing?
Sample Case Interview Questions for Bank Teller Position
1. What is the difference between a salesperson and a teller?
2. What is the average salary for a teller?
3. What is the best way to get a promotion?
4. What is the worst thing that has happened to you while working?
5. What is the best thing that has happened to your career?
Sample Competency Based Interview Questions for Bank Teller Position
1. How many hours do you normally work in a week?
2. What are your responsibilities at work?
3. What are your skills/abilities?
4. What are your weaknesses/strengths?
5. What are your hobbies?
Sample Problem-solving Interview Questions for Bank Teller Position
1. Can you explain how you solved a tricky problem at your workplace?
2. Tell me about an incident with a difficult customer which you handled successfully.
3. Tell me about an instance where you failed to solve a problem.
4. Describe a time when you were presented with a difficult decision.
5. Tell me about a conflict resolution process that worked for you.
Sample Situational Interview Questions for Bank Teller Position
1. what are top three things that make you happy at work.
2. What are some examples of situations that cause stress for you at work?
3. What are some examples of situations where you have been able to help someone else?
4. What are some examples where you have let down a friend or colleague?
5. What are some examples when you have succeeded despite being under pressure?
Sample Communication Skills Interview Questions for Bank Teller Position
1. Give me an example of a time when you used good communication skills.
2. Give me an example when you did not use good communication skills.
3. Tell a story about yourself in the past.
4. Why do you think people like talking to you?
5. What are the most important qualities of a good communicator?
Sample Interpersonal Skills Interview Questions for Bank Teller Position
1. Explain why you chose banking as a profession.
2. How would your colleagues describe you?
3. What are the main differences between working for a large company and a small one?
4. What was the last negative interaction you had with a supervisor?
5. What was the last positive interaction you had with a co-worker?
Sample Company Culture Interview Questions for Bank Teller Position
1. How do you handle criticism from higher ups?
2. What are the values of this company?
3. What are some ways you can improve the culture of this organization?
4. What does it mean to work well with others?
5. What makes this company different than others?
Sample Technical Questions for Bank Teller Position
1. What do you see as the biggest challenge facing the industry today?
2. What do you think needs to change in order for the industry to continue to grow?
3. What career advice would you offer yourself if you could go back in time?
4. What do you feel is the greatest strength of the industry?
5. What do you feel should be done to protect consumers against fraud?
Bank Teller Interview Success Tips
To increase your chances of landing the job of a bank teller, here are helpful tips to apply:
1. Do not take rejection personally.
2. Be honest.
3. Practice before the interview.
4. Dress professionally.
5. Know your resume inside out.
6. Prepare answers to tough questions.
7. Take notes during the interview.
8. Answer all interview questions honestly.
10. Follow up after the interview.
11. Thank the interviewer.
12. Ask for feedback.
13. Keep looking for new opportunities.
The interview process for a bank teller job may be tough, however, with adequate preparation you can get it.
This post has provided lots of questions and answers you can use in your preparation for a bank teller interview to boost your chances of getting hired.