This post provides detailed information on the quality control supervisor job description, to boost your understanding of the work they do.
It highlights the tasks, duties, and responsibilities that commonly make up the quality control supervisor work description.
This article also presents the major requirements for getting hired for the quality control supervisor role by most employers/recruiters.
Please, read on:
What Does a Quality Control Supervisor Do?
The quality control supervisor job description entails monitoring and inspecting quality of materials, product, and services.
It also involves monitoring performance and quality of personnel, processes, and methods on an ongoing basis to ensure compliance with documented procedures and regulatory requirements.
Quality control supervisors determine if production outputs are within specifications or in accordance with the customer’s order.
They determine the reliability of inspection equipment by calibrating them on a regular basis
Quality control supervisors make recommendations on the resumption of production after repairs.
As a quality control supervisor, you are responsible for developing methods and techniques to ensure effective quality of products and services
It is your duty to maintain a record of quality defects, product reliability and customer complaints.
The quality control supervisor duties also involve evaluating corrective action taken by other company employees to prevent recurrence of the same problem in future.
It is their duty to ensure that the work environmental conditions and other factors do not adversely affect the quality of products and services to the customer.
They also ensure that regulatory requirements are met at all times and that all employees are familiar with all quality standards, principles, and procedures as required by government agencies, customers, and other company departments, such as finance, HR, and administration.
Quality control supervisors also ensure that all employees receive required training and that they understand the rules of documentation and record keeping.
They ensure that all employees are aware of the appropriate procedures to follow in order to avoid causing confusion and delays in the production process.
Furthermore, they ensure proper usage of computerized systems to maintain accurate records of new products, materials and services offered by the company.
More Quality Control Supervisor Duties and Responsibilities
A quality control supervisor makes sure that all approved suppliers are properly issued with orders on time and in full compliance with company’s quality standards, principles, procedures, and government regulations.
They are responsible for ensuring strict adherence to all company procedures and policies before issuing an order to a supplier.
As a quality control supervisor, you have to make sure all suppliers are duly registered by the company before undertaking any of the activities relating to the procurement of raw materials, components, parts, or finished products.
It is their duty to ensure that only parts and materials, components and products, which meet company’s quality standards and specifications requirements, are accepted.
They ensure that customers are not denied products or services even in case of raw material shortages.
Quality Control Supervisor Job Description Sample/Example/Template
Here are the main tasks, duties, and responsibilities that typically make up the quality control supervisor job description:
- Read and evaluate comments from the quality manager before passing them on to other supervisors
- Examine the detailed quality plans and make any necessary modifications
- Supervise work of other supervisors and keep them up-to-date with their work with the aim that it is completed as per plan
- Participate in brainstorming to improve business operations or processes with other managers and employees
- Assist managers or teams who have a need for help or advice in answering questions about operational aspects of their businesses
- Listen to concerns from employees and managers with the aim of improving business operations or processes
- Assist managers and employees regarding compliance with company policies and procedures as well as regulatory requirements
- Encourage workers to suggest ways to make improvements in office operations
- Respond to issues brought up by workers and managers
- Assist with the hiring process, such as interviewing prospective workers, checking references, performing background checks, etc.
- Complete reports regarding projects or processes that were completed by other employees or teams
- Assist managers and employees with any issues they are having with their job duties, such as answering questions, giving advice, etc.
- Keep track of training records for new or current workers and make sure that they are up-to-date in terms of compliance with company policies and procedures
- Make sure that worker’s training needs are being met.
Quality Control Supervisor Job Description for Resume
If you are writing a new resume or CV as someone who has worked before in the position of quality control supervisor or as one who is presently working in that role, you can apply the quality control supervisor job description example above in making a compelling Professional Experience section for your resume.
You can apply the quality control supervisor duties and responsibilities from the sample job description above in your resume’s Professional Experience section, to emphasize the fact that you have been effective performing the quality control supervisor’s role.
This piece of information in your resume can immensely influence the recruiter/employer to hire you, especially if the new job requires someone with some quality control supervision work experience to excel in it.
Quality Control Supervisor Requirements: Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities for Career Success
If you are applying for the quality control supervisor role, here are major requirements most recruiters/employers will expect you to meet to be hired:
- Consulting and business coaching skills
- High level of verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Knowledge of company or industry policies and procedures and regulatory requirements
- Advanced computer skills (word processing, spreadsheet, presentations, etc.)
- Knowledge of a foreign language (French/English/Spanish) is highly desired as this will help to deal with international customers and suppliers
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and manage large amounts of information
- Ability to interact well with other managers
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and manage large amounts of information.
Quality Control Supervisor Salary
According to Salary.com, the starting income for a quality control supervisor ranges from $67,010 to $89,170 per year, with an average starting salary of $76,865.
This post is useful to individuals interested in the quality control supervisor career.
They will be able to learn all about the duties and responsibilities of a quality control supervisor to decide if that’s the job they want to do.
It is also helpful to recruiters/employers in creating an effective job description for the quality control supervisor position in their companies, for use in hiring for the role.