This post provides exhaustive information on the private housekeeper job description to help you learn the work that they do.
It highlights the key duties, tasks, and responsibilities that commonly make up the private housekeeper work description.
It also presents the major requirements candidates need to fulfill to be hired for the private housekeeper role.
What Does a Private Housekeeper Do?
The Private housekeeper is responsible for maintaining the house while the owner is not present, and that includes ensuring that the fences, gates, doors, and windows are maintained as well.
The private housekeeper job description entails taking care of tenants’ needs, like getting their food deliveries, making sure they do not overstay, and providing them with toiletries when necessary.
It also involves cleaning the interior and exterior of the house and assisting the owner with personal errands and tasks, like meeting deadlines.
Keeping the greenhouse clean is vital because pests may cause a lot of damage if left unchecked and this will result to damage of their crops as well as their investment in general.
The private housekeeper must be proficient in driving both manual and automatic cars for the job.
They ensure the landscape and lawns are trimmed and well-maintained and must not be afraid to interact with the tenants in a friendly manner so as to maintain a positive relationship with them.
They should also be able to enforce rules and regulations as deemed fit by the owner of the house for better results on the job.
Private housekeepers should update their boss on any changes in the property, like maintenance issues, and more importantly, any accident that occurs in order for them to take the necessary action.
Helping the house-owner during emergencies or when the owner is away is among the duties of the private housekeeper.
The private housekeeper interacts with young children in a friendly manner in order to build rapport with them, and this will make any task they do easier because they won’t feel like they are doing something wrong because of their age.
Cleaning up after meals and doing maintenance within a specific time limit is also a duty of a private housekeeper.
The private housekeeper does maintenance and repairs that are necessary for the owners of the home.
Private Housekeeper Job Description Sample/Example/Template
The private housekeeper job description entails the following duties, tasks, and responsibilities:
- Providing general cleaning in public areas of the house
- Cleaning and maintaining the plumbing systems with assistance from other personnel if needed
- Checking the water levels to make sure everything is functioning properly; checking water pipes and faucets, as well as cleaning them in order to prevent leakage or damage to any of them
- Cleaning and maintaining the lawn and shrubs
- Cleaning up after construction or repairs has been done on the house or apartment so it will not look like a wreck when somebody sees it
- Making sure that all the floors are clean and properly maintained
- Maintaining and keeping the windows, doors, walls, and floors clean at all times; if available, use eco-friendly cleaning products for better results on the job
- Maintaining and keeping appliances, like dishwashers and washing machines in good condition to avoid accidents, especially when there will be children within the vicinity.
Private Housekeeper Job Description for Resume
If you have worked before in the position of a private housekeeper or are presently working in that role and are making a resume/CV for a new job, then you can create an effective Professional Experience section for the resume by applying the above private housekeeper job description example.
You can highlight the private housekeeper duties and responsibilities contained in the above job description sample to show that you have been successful performing the private housekeeper job.
This piece of information can greatly influence the recruiter/employer to grant you an interview, especially if the new job that you are seeking requires some work experience as a private housekeeper.
Private Housekeeper Requirements: Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
The major requirements that candidates for the private housekeeper role are expected to fulfill to be hired include:
- Knowledge of how to cut, rake, and trim, and mow lawn and shrubs for better results on the job
- Ability to work as part of a team where every member of the unit works together for the job to be done faster and better
- Ability to maintain code of ethics and being honest
- Patience is a requirement that private housekeepers must have for better results on the job
- Rules, regulations, and codes of conduct should also be followed by private housekeepers who are assigned the task of handling pests within the premises
- Working within a specific time limit and required amount of people for each task is also a requirement for these types of workers
- Possession of certificates, licenses, and other important documents are also requirements a private housekeeper should have to be hired
- Prior experience in the cleaning industry can also be an asset in this line of work because the housekeeper must know what to do when it comes to cleaning up after construction and repairs have been done, especially when there will be children within the vicinity
- Possession of at least mid-level intelligence and good communication skills is necessary for a private housekeeper in the cleaning industry.
Private Housekeeper Salary
As of March 29, 2022, the average private housekeeper pay in the United States is $28,403, while the compensation range frequently between $25,768 and $32,087 according to salary.com
A private housekeeper is a person that helps other people maintain a clean and comfortable home by making sure their tasks are always completed properly.
He/she should also possess enough skill in communication in order to coordinate with the tenants, owners of the house, and other members of the organization.
This post if helpful to individuals interested in the private housekeeper career.
They can learn all they need to know about the duties and responsibilities the private housekeeper does, and so be able to decide correctly if that is what they want to do.
It is also useful to recruiters/employers who are looking to hire a competent private housekeeper.
They can apply the private housekeeper job description example provided on this page in making one for their organizations for use in the hiring process for the private housekeeper role.