Philip Morris International Hiring Process: Job Application, Interview, and Employment
The hiring process at Philip Morris involves various stages, including the job application and interview where you will be expected to answer certain questions to be hired.
This post provides detailed information on the Philip Morris recruitment process to help increase your knowledge of how to gain employment with the Company.
Please, continue reading:
Philip Morris Company Overview
Philip Morris International is an American conglomerate that deals on the manufacturing and marketing of Cigarette and Tobacco, with their products sold in over 180 countries of the world.
This company was founded by Philip Morris in the year 1847 with the headquarters located in New York City, United States.
It has its products and services reaching to over 180 countries of the world.
With its influence and large customer based, it is ranked as one of the top names in the tobacco industry.
The most notable product of this company is Marlboro. Its other products include cigarettes, cigars, Codentify, fine-cut rolling tobacco, snuff, rolling papers, and tubes.
These products are literally available in many countries of the world.
Philip Morris also has some subsidiaries attached to it and they include Sampoerna, PMFTC, Inc., Rothmans, Benson & Hedges, Papastratos Philip Morris International.
This accounts for its fairly large workforce consisting of over 80,000 workers.
Philip Morris Hiring Process
If you are really interested in getting a job at Philip Morrison, then this section is definitely for you.
This section will explore all the processes and steps you will potentially need to come across to get a job at Philip Morrison.
This will cover both the process of application, interview, and other steps as might be deemed necessary by the recruitment team.
So, starting from the job application, we will provide you with the very steps you will need to take to submit your application alongside your resume and certifications in the required position.
Then for the interview, we will provide you with a whole lot of information you will need to prepare well for the interview, as well as some sample questions you can use to test your knowledge on what to expect if you scale through to the interview stage.
Note that the evaluation tools and processes put forth by this company vary depending on the country or location where you live or want to apply.
So, in terms of that, the evaluations that will be stated cut across many areas and could be seen on a general note.
When your application for a job is submitted and received by the recruitment team, it is subjected to scrutiny in regards to the position you are applying for.
This in essence means that different jobs in the company might have different demands and qualifications to them.
- Philip Morris Job Application Process
Just like most organizations in the United States, job application is sent or submitted through the job/career site of the organization.
So, visiting the official website, www.pmi.com, of the organization is the first thing you should do before any other thing.
Second step is to identify the career section of the website and click on it for list of jobs available, probably categorized into departments, or you can use the filter option to filter the kind of result you want.
This filter could put into consideration some factors such as location and category.
So, finding the job you like to apply for, click on the job for further directions from the site.
Note that you can choose the nature of work you would like to apply for such as Part-time or Full time.
Yes, there’s provision for that. Follow every other step given to you from the job site in order to submit your application.
2. Philip Morris Interview Process
Just some quick tips before we look into some practical sample questions in the interview session:
- Be agile in whatever you do during the interview. There is no room for dullness.
- Be enthusiastic about the role and show it in your responses.
- Do a good research about your potential employer to know where the company stands in the industry or marketplace. You may need this knowledge during the interview.
- Study the job description and get a good understanding of the details.
- Practice presentation and know how to make it brief while retaining the excellence in it.
With that, let’s consider some practical questions you could face during the interview session with Philip Morris:
Philip Morrison Interview Questions
- In few sentences, tell us about yourself.
- What is your view about collaboration and what role do you think it can play in your success if hired?
- What experienced have you gained in your former job?
- Would you move to another city if you are asked to?
- What is the most important decision you have ever made in your career till date?
- Tell us about a time you took a risk and what was the result?
- How fast can you learn a new process?
- Tell us about a time you encountered another problem while executing one and how you went around it.
- What is your greatest achievement in life and career so far?
- How would you describe Philip Morrison?
Philip Morrison Jobs and Careers
Here are major job categories you can choose a career from at Philip Morris:
- Enterprise Analytics and Data
- External Affairs
- General Management
- Global communications
- Information Technology
- Life Sciences
- People & Culture
- PMI Strategy
So, you can browse for jobs under the categories above, sure enough you will find the job that suits your skills and qualifications.
What to Expect Working for Philip Morrison
There are lots of benefits an employee can enjoy in Philip Morris. We will categorize them under:
- Insurance, Health and Wellness: Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Health Savings Account, Supplemental Life Insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Retiree Health & Medical, Mental Health care, Occupational Accident Insurance, and Health Care On-site
- Financial and Retirement: 401(k) plan, Pension Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Performance Bonus, Stock Options, Charitable gift matching, Equity Incentive plan, and Supplemental workers’ Compensation
- Family and Parenting: Maternity & Paternity Leave, Work from home, fertility assistance, Dependent Care, etc.
- Vacation & Time off: Bereavement Leave, Sabbatical, Volunteer Time off, Paid holidays, sick days, and vacation & paid time off
- Professional Support: Diversity Program, Job training, Tuition assistance, Professional development, etc.
The benefits are quite numerous and should be a good motivation to do your best to get into Philip Morris.
There is no doubt that securing a job at Philips Morris is a good way to start or further your career while having to enjoy amazing salary alongside some mouthwatering employee benefits.
You can apply the ideas shared on this page to increase your chances of gaining employment with the Philip Morris Company.
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.