The pharmacist salary in Alabama is $127,460 yearly.
A pharmacist’s job, especially in America, is one which is quite lucrative and ensures wholesome salaries, but these pays vary from state to state, depending on different factors ranging from the necessity of one’s specialty to the local job market in that state.
When it comes to Alabama, the national average base salary of pharmacists in this State is $127,460 per year and $61.2 per hour.
Pharmacist Salary in Alabama Cities
The pay for pharmacists varies from city to city in each State in America. You can find the pay for each city in Alabama below:
|Cities||Hourly Salary||Annual Salary|
10 Cities with Highest Pharmacist Salary in Alabama
Location matters a lot when it comes to how much pharmacists get paid in Alabama. Some cities offer better salaries than others.
Here are the top ten cities in terms of salaries to pharmacists in Alabama:
|Cities||Yearly Salary||Hourly Salary|
Skill-based Pharmacist Salary in Alabama
The amount of skill one possesses as a pharmacist can be a determinant for how much that individual or group of persons will earn in Alabama.
For example, retail pharmacists tend to earn the most in this field due to the skill and expertise they have, earning up to $150,000 yearly.
Also, Patient Counseling is another field in pharmacy that can earn a large pay due to the skills attached and they earn about $145,000 annually.
Experience-based Pharmacist Salary in Alabama
Pharmacists just starting out in the State of Alabama with an experience of just about a year should expect to earn about $91,440 annually.
Those with ten or more years of experience would earn more as they can earn up to $142,770 every year or even more depending on the company.
10 Companies with Highest Pharmacist Salary in Alabama
As pharmacists, working with companies with the highest pay can give you a huge advantage over others in the aspect of how much earnings you make.
Here is a list of the 10 highest paying companies for pharmacists in Alabama:
|Companies||Hourly Salary||Annual Salary|
|1.||Stanford Health Care||$85.43||$177,694|
|7.||Riverside Health System||$67.09||$139,547|
|8.||Parkland Health & Hospital System||$66.85||$139,048|
|9.||Swedish Medical Center||$64.56||$134,284|
10 Highest Paying Pharmacist Jobs in Alabama
There are different jobs which pharmacists can practice, which also differ in pay. This is because different specialties require different levels of skills, and the more the level of skills, the more the income they can make.
Below is a list of the 10 highest paying jobs for pharmacists across the State of Alabama:
|Long-Term Care Pharmacist||$113,413|
|Pharmacist IN Charge||$108,570|
|Primary Care Pharmacist||$93,856|
More Benefits for Pharmacists in Alabama
There are a lot of benefits attached to being a pharmacist in Alabama that go beyond the pay.
Below are some of these benefits:
- Flexible Work Hours & Remote Work: in Alabama, some pharmacists are allowed to do their jobs from home and this enables them to enjoy flexible work hours.
- Bonuses: Pharmacists enjoy work-related bonuses in Alabama as they are rewarded for completing certain tasks.
- Paid Time Off: Some employers let their employees go on leave and still pay them while they’re having some much needed rest.
What Related Job Titles to Pharmacist Earn in Alabama
Being a pharmacist is a wonderful career option loved and practiced widely in Alabama, but asides from it, there are also some careers closely related to pharmacy that are as lovely and offer great pay, they include:
- Laboratory technician: These people are responsible for analyzing samples and conducting laboratory tests based on standard procedures. They can earn an average of $49,793 per year.
- Medical science liaison: They make sure that products are properly used and also provide scientific expertise to their colleagues. In one year, these people can earn an average of $66,167 per year.
- Pharmaceutical sales representative: They are responsible for the sale of their company’s pharmaceutical products and also demonstrate how their products are different from those of others. They can earn an average income of $75,327 in a year.
Pharmacist Salary and Job Outlook in Alabama
Research shows that in Alabama, there is likely to be an employment rate of 2.78% up until the year 2028; projected to add close to 220 pharmacists each year.
Due to the rising need for pharmacists in the State, the salary is also projected to experience an increase.
How to increase your Pay as a Pharmacist in Alabama
If you need to increase your salary as a pharmacist in California, here are ideas you can use:
- Taking a look at New Areas of Pharmacy: Search for jobs in new fields in pharmacy that require more skills. This is because gaining more skills as a pharmacist can lead to increase in your salary.
- Strive to Gain More Work Experience: Just as in the case of skills, gaining more work experience can also lead to an increase in pay.
- Learning while on the job and getting more certifications will help earn a promotion or a transfer to a department in the company that pays more.
More Career Opportunities for Pharmacists in Alabama
There are various opportunities for careers in line with that of pharmacists other than the regular ones a lot of people are familiar with. Below are some of these careers:
- Home Care Pharmacy:Home care pharmacists primarily prepare and deliver injectables to critically ill patients in their home environment. Salary is about $132,973 per annum.
- Regulatory Pharmacy: Regulatory pharmacists have the duty creating rules and regulations to ensure the safe use of medicine so as to promote positive health outcomes. They receive a salary of about $103,920 per year.
- Hospital Pharmacy:They are members of the team of healthcare professionals who are involved with clinical trials, as well as compounding of medications for individualized dosing. They earn $142,400 each year
Pharmacy is a splendid job in Alabama that also holds a bright future for workers involved.
This post has provided exhaustive information on the salary you can expect to make living and working as a pharmacist in Alabama, to help you make a decision to live in the State.
Information sources: Indeed.com, Bls.gov, Glassdoor.com, Pharmacytechnicianguide.com, Salary.com, and Ziprecruiter.com.