This post presents complete information on the job description of a hotel payroll supervisor, to help increase your knowledge of the tasks, duties, and responsibilities that they perform.
What Does a Hotel Payroll Supervisor Do?
The hotel payroll supervisor is expected to give support to daily operations of the payroll process and utilize payroll trending and historical data to give suggestions to the payroll manager.
The hotel payroll supervisor job description entails carrying out compensation of human resources and benefit functions.
It also involves overseeing and controlling payroll system maintenance and payroll processing, and performing all functions associated with payroll.
Working together with the financial controller, he/she coordinates and manages every aspect of hotel payroll duties.
He/she keeps privileged information confidential and analyses, organizes, and inputs payroll data.
The payroll supervisor is expected to utilize an automated system to generate prompt and accurate payroll in complete adherence to all local, state and federal laws.
He/she manages the supervision of staff, including their training, problem resolution, and work allocation.
The individual in this role carries out evaluation of performance and gives suggestions for staff actions.
He/she will motivate the staff to attain optimum performance and productivity.
Hotel Payroll Supervisor Job Description Example/Sample/Template
Below is a sample of hotel payroll supervisor job description, showing lists of important duties, tasks, and responsibilities the individual is usually required to execute:
- Render assistance to the payroll manager in maintaining accounting records and offering associated financial reports for the hotel.
- Offer assistance to the payroll manager in handling communication with regards to payroll.
- Assist the organization in carrying out procedures relating to payroll costs, and guarantee that all work is accomplished promptly, with all necessary accounts harmonized.
- Ascertain that the balance sheets as related to all payroll accounts are an honest reflection of the inventory of the hotel.
- Guarantee that reporting is precise, prompt, and consistent with the monetary accounts so that balance sheets harmonize with the trial balance, and where evidence of reconciliation can be forwarded to every month.
- Render assistance to the payroll manager by producing reports, which includes the balanced scorecard that integrate productivity, identification, measurement, and benchmarking of core performance indicators where both forecast and historical performance are trailed.
- Guarantee that team members’ queries on payments are resolved promptly.
- Function together with payroll assistant, IT project teams and finance manager to offer system and procedure enhancement to ensure payroll functions effectiveness.
- Function according to health, safety and fire regulations, and adhere to the right procedures when necessary.
- Observe and manage quality regulations of entry of data of the total payroll records.
- Program and organize departmental workflow and certify all master payroll process schedule.
- Coordinate, supervise, and program the production and allocation of all staff tax notifications and statements as compelled by law.
- Work out and present payment for state and federal taxes and validate direct deposit file precisely posted to staff account.
- Harmonize staff hours paid compared with actual hours worked, staff benefits, and quarterly tax reports.
The list of duties and responsibilities in the job description example above can be employed in writing a resume that can win an interview for the position of supervisor hotel payroll.
Hotel Payroll Supervisor Requirements: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities for Career Success
To successfully fit into the role of a hotel payroll supervisor, the applicant should maintain the behaviors, skills, qualifications and qualities outlined below:
- A first degree in hotel management, business administration, accounting, or any other related field.
- Outstanding experience in leisure, retail, or hotel sector.
- Tough commitment to precision and details.
- Practical familiarity with monetary operating system.
- Committed, influential with strong communication and interpersonal dexterity.