GMAC Financial Services Hiring Process: Job Application, Interview, and Employment
The GMAC Financial Services hiring process involves various stages, including the job application and interview where candidates will be expected to answer certain questions to prove why they should be employed.
This post provides exhaustive information to help you learn about the GMAC Financial Services recruitment process and how to effectively complete it.
Please, read on:
GMAC Financial Services Company Overview
GMAC, currently known as GM Financial Services, is a subsidiary of General Motors Company.
It is the financial services arm of General Motors that provides auto finance (loans) and has its operations in the United States, Latin America, Europe, and Canada.
GMAC Financial Services was established in 1992 as AmeriCredit Corp., until it was acquired by GM in October 2010 and this led to it to be renamed General Motors Financial Company, Inc.
It offers automobile financing to United States, Latin America, Canada, Europe, and China.
The company’s Headquarters is located at Burnett Plaza, Fort Worth, Texas, U.S. and has a total workforce of about 8,300 employees.
GMAC Financial Services Hiring Process
GM Financial presents job applicants from different educational backgrounds and qualifications the opportunity to get a good career in the Corporation.
This is made possible with the various forms of careers in the Corporation which cater for even students that are still in school and fresh graduates who might not have the required years of experience demanded by many other business organizations.
So the opportunities are there for applicants of different categories and countries where GMAC Financial Services is operational to apply and get a good well-paying and developmental career in the Corporation.
In the Major Careers section, you will discover that all the careers are well arranged to cater for applicants of different qualifications and skills.
So, applicants stand a great chance of landing a job if they possess the qualifications and skills demanded for any position.
However, the hiring process at GMAC Financial Services is not a tough one, and with that you should be able to get your application across without much stress.
This write up should help you achieve that in less than an hour if you follow the steps below:
- GMAC Financial Services Job Application
The application process is quite simple. From the official website of the Corporation at www.gmfinancial.com, you can scroll down the page and click on the career button.
This will lead you to another page where you will see options of areas where you can have a career. Any of them you click on will open up the various subdivisions under the areas.
All you need to do is to click on your particular area of interest and after opening, click on view openings to show the jobs that are available under the subdivision you have chosen.
This will show you a list of jobs available and their different locations. Click the job that interests you and follow the other instructions under the job description and submit your application.
Note that you might be asked to create a logging in account before you can proceed, do so and continue, else just submit the application. The procedures are not much and as such you can be done that within minutes.
2. GMAC Financial Services Interview Process
From reviews, it is confirmed that the interview at GM Financials is really simple as the questions center on two things – the basic skills needed in the job and the basic human relationship skills in the workplace.
So, you can actually say that the interview is all about job description and behavioral questions.
The next thing you should know about the interview at GM Financials is that the interview is in two stages – one-on-one interview and the panel interview, which comprises of three or more managers.
The one-on-one interview is done by one member of the hiring team while the panel interview is done by different managers at a time. However, the questions take the format given above.
GM Financial Interview Questions
This section is designed to help you get a glimpse of what the questions are like when you are scheduled for an interview with GMAC Financial Services.
It is not enough to say that the questions are easy, but it is better when you get a glimpse of what the questions look like.
So based on that, here are few questions you can consider rehearsing before you go for the interview:
- Tell us about yourself?
- Why did you choose this industry?
- What can you say about your previous boss or employer?
- Why do you want to leave your present employer?
- Where do you see yourself in the near future?
- What do you think is your greatest weakness?
- Why should we hire you?
- What did you learn from your past failures?
- Which job have you done so far that gave you the most satisfaction?
- In your opinion, what do you think are the demands of the role you applied for?
GM Financial Jobs and Careers
The careers at GM Financial are divided into 4 with subdivisions. They are:
- Corporate subdivided into: Audit, Accounting/Finance/Treasury, Administrative, Facilities/Maintenance, Human Resources, Legal/Compliance, Marketing/Communications, Pricing/Product Development, Process Excellence, Risk Management/Insurance
- IT subdivided into: Customer Service, Infrastructure Support, Development, Electronic Data & Information Security, Business Systems, and Internal IT Services.
- Consumer Services subdivided into: Customer Experience/Customer Service, Servicing, Remarketing.
- Dealer Services subdivided into: Commercial Lending/Wholesale Lending, Credit/Underwriting, Sales, and Funding/Loan Services.
- Early Career subdivided into: Strategic Account Manager Program, Information Technology, Customer Advocates, Corporate/Professional.
- Students Internship Programs.
What to Expect Working for GM Financials
There are many benefits to look forward to when working for GM Financials and they include:
- Health & Wellness which include: Flexible health insurance options like dental and vision insurance, Pretax Health Savings Account and Flex Spending Account, Tobacco-free discount and tobacco cessation program, Wellness program which include health coaching and wellness reward, life and disability benefits, subsidized, discounted weight watchers program, Discounted gym memberships, and Healthy Pregnancies, and Healthy Babies program.
- Compensation & Retirement Savings which include: Market-competitive base pay, Performance incentives, Flexible paid time off, including floating holidays, 401(k) retirement savings plan, and Retire-wise Retirement planning seminar.
- Career Development which include: Leadership training, College-bound fund, Rewards and recognition program, Recruiting system for internal mobility and advancement, and Online Courses.
- GM Vehicle Discounts which include: Employee Discounts on purchases of new GM vehicles, GM Company-owned Vehicle Purchase Program, GM discounts for family and friends
- Additional benefits which include: Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Pretax dependent care benefits, and Employee discounts from local and National retail service providers.
If you are looking for employment to start a career with a good company in the financial industry, then you need to consider GM Financials.
The Corporation caters for job applicants of different skill levels and qualifications as well as provision for fresh graduates with little or no working experience whatever.
So, with the knowledge of the hiring process at GMAC Financial Services discussed on this page, you should have little or no problem whatever sending your job application and scaling through the interview stage and getting employed.
>> Are you billed to take a pre-employment assessment test with a company? If you are, then it is wise to learn about the test and prepare effectively for it with lots of practice questions and answers. Start your preparation for your coming test here: Make Top Scores in Employers’ Assessment Tests.