This post provides complete information on the job description of a convenience store cashier, to help you learn the key duties, tasks, and responsibilities they commonly perform.
What Does a Convenience Store Cashier Do?
A convenience store cashier is one who is wholly responsible for the checkout procedures at a convenience store.
However, the job description of the individual in this position has over the years extended beyond just engaging in checkout activities.
When customers buy products and require help with bagging the purchased items, the cashier is also responsible for carrying out such task for the customer, probably to their position.
These cashiers must be adequately informed on every type and forms of payments; they also need the understanding of how to go about bagging products.
His or her role may also include assisting in other areas of the store as the need may arise. These areas could include monitoring various fitting rooms and ensuring that everything around the premises is going smoothly and in order.
As a convenience store cashier, you are also responsible for the general cleaning duties of your check out area, which could include tidying the premises, mopping the floor, emptying the trash can, and performing other cleaning activities.
Cashiers at convenience stores can also help out in selling their organizations’ offers (products or services) to customers.
They can also provide customers with information on company’s product or service and attend to their complaints or questions. This is to say that they also have some level of customer service skills.
The cashier should be aware of procedures and ways of preventing theft and other dangerous situations within the store, should such occur.
Convenience Store Cashier Job Description Example/Sample/Template
Individuals who work as cashiers in convenient stores commonly perform the duties, tasks, and responsibilities presented in the above job description example:
- Receive payments for product sold- whether by cash, check, vouchers, credit cards, or automatic debits
- Issue receipts to customers for products bought; make necessary refunds, credits, or change to customers
- Provide assistance to customers by making available information on products, and their benefits
- Resolve customer complaints
- Maintaining interpersonal relationships with the public, especially customers
- Pay bills of the company by whatever means available – cash, check, vouchers, and so on
- Ensure safe keeping of periodic balance sheets of numbers of transactions and respective amounts
- Keep records of transaction totals
- Develop and maintain non-monetary records and reports
- Ascertain the amount of cash in cash drawer at the start of every shift
- Assist customers by providing information and resolving their complaints
- Greet customers as they enter the store premises and also as they step out.
- Ensure that the checkout area is clean and in order at all times
- Tabulate bills according to prices of products or services of the organization
- Stock shelves in the store and include price tags on each item on the shelve
- Assist customers/clients in moving out their items purchased at completion of transactions
- Supervise other staff and provide on-the-job training when asked to
- Compute every transaction
- Calculate payments in total received during a specific period of time and compare with total product sales
Convenience Store Cashier Job Description for Resume
You can prepare a resume for seeking the job of cashier at a convenience store by using the statements of the duties and responsibilities of the position given in the sample job description above.
The job functions of the position as stated in its description above will enable you to make the professional experience part of the resume after modifying it to suit your true experience on the job.
Convenience Store Cashier Requirements: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities for Career Success
The following skills and abilities are important for a convenience store cashier to possess to succeed on the job; they are also usually required by employers when considering applicants for employment:
- Good customer service skills
- Basic math skills: The cashier must have a fair knowledge of basic calculations
- Excellent communication skills: This position involves interaction with the public and as such requires the ability to communicate orally and in writing
- Self-motivated with the ability to follow directions
- Ability to get tasks done with little or no supervision
- Ability to operate cash register and work with numbers
- Highly energetic; as the job would occasionally require lifting of object of average weight
- Ability to pay attention to details
- IT skills: The convenience store cashier should have the ability to operate the computer system and other necessary IT gadgets