Auto Insurance Claims Adjuster Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
This post provides exhaustive information on the job description of an auto insurance claims adjuster, to help you learn all you need to know about what they do.
It also highlights the key duties, tasks, and responsibilities that commonly make up the auto insurance claims adjuster work description.
This article also presents the major requirements recruiters typically expect applicants for the role to meet to be qualified for it.
Please, continue reading to increase your knowledge of the auto insurance claims adjuster career:
What Does an Auto Insurance Claims Adjuster Do?
An auto insurance claims adjuster is responsible for researching and investigating the facts involved in a car accident and negotiating the settlement of the claim on behalf of and to the interest of his or her insurance organization employer.
His/her job description entails working with customers or claimants to arrange vehicle inspection and provide quick and efficient solutions to the various cases that are presented to him or her on a daily basis, and ensuring that he or she sees a claim file through to its completion.
In an age where road transportation is one of the most common means used by all and sundry to get to their various destinations, there is most likely a tendency that road accidents might occur on a busy highway or in traffic jams, which provides an indisputable reason for most private car owners or road transport business owners to insure their vehicles in order to minimize any occurring damage.
An auto insurance claims adjuster must be able to manage or maintain customer satisfaction while also working within the company’s guidelines or policies.
Auto insurance claims adjusters are expected to perform several functions, which may include working co-operatively with claimants or customers in order to arrange vehicle inspections; reviewing claims for information, including fatalities or injuries; and determining the level of loss for each case involving car accidents.
They are also responsible for deciding on the compensation for the claimant, and efficiently investigating accident scenes or locations in order to successfully sort out real accidents from staged or faked ones.
When an insured automobile is involved in an accident or developed some serious faults, the insurance company is notified and it is necessary for the auto insurance claims adjuster to critically inspect the automobile, examine the accident location or scene, interview witnesses, and solicit the help of automobile service engineers in order to assess or estimate the damage.
He/she then reports back to the insurance company and negotiate a price for the settlement of the claim.
If you are interested in becoming an auto insurance claims adjuster, you will be expected to possess and demonstrate some crucial skills, such as high analytical mindset, adequate knowledge of insurance policy coverage, and well-developed oral and written communication skills; good interpersonal skills and the ability to stay up to date with latest information or trends on automobiles.
In terms of academic qualifications, the minimum educational requirement for the position of an auto insurance claims adjuster includes at least a High School diploma.
Some employers also prefer individuals who are up to date on ever-changing auto repair techniques and policies, or candidates who possess several years of professional working experience in the automobile or insurance industry.
Auto Insurance Claims Adjuster Job Description Example/Sample/Template
Auto insurance claims adjusters perform various functions in ensuring claimants get satisfactory service.
Shown below is a highlight of major tasks, duties, and responsibilities that typically constitute the job description of auto insurance claims adjusters:
- Negotiating liability exposures and claimant carriers on behalf of policyholders
- Educating and assisting the insured on claimants’ policy and the claims process
- Efficiently resolving issues of bodily injury claims
- Working cooperatively with claimants or clients to arrange vehicle inspections
- Actively serving as an arbitrator between the company and customers who had experienced loss
- Assisting and participating in the collection and gathering of data and information for cases that will appear in court for various reasons
- Negotiating settlements for bodily injuries as a result of an accident either directly with the claimant or with the claimant’s attorney
- Analyzing case files for clients in order to determine the level of loss and compensation
- Participating in the organization’s insurance adjuster training program
- Staying up-to-date with the latest auto repair information, trends, or techniques.
Auto Insurance Claims Adjuster Job Description for Resume
If you have worked before or are currently working as an auto insurance claims adjuster and are making a new resume, it is wise to describe your work experience in the resume if it is relevant to the new position you are seeking.
You will have to create a professional experience section in your resume where you will highlight the duties and responsibilities you have or are presently carrying out as auto insurance claims adjuster..
You can easily make the professional experience part of your resume by applying information from the sample auto insurance claims adjuster job description provided above
Auto Insurance Claims Adjuster Requirements – Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities for Career Success
If you are seeking to work as an auto insurance claims adjuster, it is important to know that recruiters will want you to fulfill certain requirements before you can be invited to an interview.
This is to help recruiters find the best candidates who can effectively perform the obligations, objectives, and purpose of the auto insurance claims adjuster position in their organizations.
Shown below are major requirements most recruiters may expect you to meet to be hired for the auto insurance claims adjuster role:
- Internet and database savvy, and proficiency in utilizing a computer database to handle several ongoing cases
- Well-developed self-management and organization skills to maintain composure and execute tasks effectively even under pressure
- Ability to multitask, as an auto insurance claims adjuster is expected to handle several ongoing cases simultaneously
- Adequate knowledge of insurance regulations, policies, or guidelines throughout the country
- Several years of proven work experience in the automobile or insurance industry
- At least a High School diploma, and must have studied disciplines like Business or Insurance, or any other related field.
If you are a recruiter or HR manager needing to hire for the auto insurance claims adjuster position in your organization, you will need to inform prospective candidates of the duties they will be assigned to perform by publishing the description of the job.
This will help them to decide if they will be effective on the job.
You can quickly make the perfect description for the auto insurance claims adjuster job in your organization by applying the sample job description above.
This post also provides valuable information to individuals who are interested in the auto insurance claims adjuster career, to learn all they need to know about what the role does.