You have to practice with sample Apple interview questions to prepare well for a job interview and increase your chances of being hired by Apple Inc.
Apple is a company that has always been known for their great products and exceptional customer service.
They are also famous for their strict interview process, which is why we have compiled this list of questions to help you prepare for your next job interview with the iPhone maker.
What do Apple Interviewers look for?
When interviewing for a job position, Apple interviewers usually look for the following:
This is one of the most important things they look for when interviewing candidates. If you don’t show them passion during an interview, it will be very difficult to get hired by Apple.
2. Communication Skills
You need to be able to communicate well with others and explain complex ideas clearly.
3. Problem Solving Skills
The interviewer wants to see how you think on your feet and solve problems.
4. Leadership Skills
You should be able to lead a team and manage people effectively.
It’s not enough to just know what you want to do; you must be able to come up with creative solutions to problems.
6. Ability to Work Well Under Pressure
You will be working under pressure at Apple. You need to be able deal with stress and stay focused.
7. Teamwork Skills
You will be working closely with other employees so you need to work well as part of a team.
You need to be self-motivated because there will be many times where you won’t be given any direction or told what to do.
10 Most Common Apple Interview Questions (and Answers)
Here are commonly asked questions in a job interview at Apple:
- Tell me about yourself.
I work hard on any assignment I’m assigned and enjoy a good challenge. I have passion for learning new things and solving problems. I enjoy helping my clients find ways to improve their business.
2. Why did you leave your last position?
My previous employer was growing too fast and I wanted to move into a different industry.
3. How would you describe yourself?
I am a problem solver and I like to take initiative. I am good at communicating and I can motivate others.
4. Describe a time when you had to make a decision under pressure.
When I worked at Microsoft, I had to decide whether to buy a certain piece of software from another company or wait until the next version came out.
I chose to purchase the software now rather than waiting.
5. Tell me about a situation where you were faced with a challenge.
When I first started at Apple, I was asked to create a marketing plan for the Mac Pro.
6. Give me an example of when you utilized your imagination to solve an issue.
In college, I created a website that allowed students to submit assignments online. When I graduated, I decided to continue developing the site and add more features.
More Common Apple Interview Questions (and Answers)
7. What is your greatest weakness?
I tend to procrastinate.
8. What is your biggest strength?
My ability to learn quickly and adapt to change is my greatest strength.
9. What kind of person do you consider to be a leader?
A leader needs to inspire his/her subordinates to achieve goals.
They also need to set clear expectations and hold themselves accountable for meeting those expectations.
10. What are some examples of leadership skills?
Leading a team requires setting deadlines and holding people accountable. Being a great manager means making sure everyone has the resources they need to succeed.
More Sample Apple Interview Questions
Here are additional interview questions to practice with before taking a job interview with Apple:
Behavioral Apple Interview Questions
- Describe a time where you faced a difficult situation.
- Has there ever been a time you made a mistake? Tell me about it if there was.
- Tell me about a project you have been involved in recently.
- Tell me about a recent accomplishment.
- Tell us about something that makes you happy.
Case Apple Interview Questions
- What is/was your favorite place to eat on campus?
- What is/was your favorite class at school?
- What is your dream job?
- Where would you go if you could travel anyplace in the world right now?
- What do you want to be doing in 5 years?
Competency-based Apple Interview Questions
- Explain how you use technology in your daily life.
- Tell us about a time when you had trouble completing a task.
- Describe your experience working with other people.
- Tell us about a project you have completed.
- Tell our why you want to work here.
Problem-solving Apple Interview Questions
- Tell us about a problem you encountered recently.
- Tell about a time when you solved a problem.
- Tell us about a situation where you needed to think outside the box.
- Tell about a time you had to deal with a crisis.
- Tell about a time where you had to work as part of a team.
Situational Apple Interview Questions
- How did you choose this career path?
- Why did you choose to come to this interview today?
- What part of your current job do you like most?
- Do you enjoy working with other people?
- Tell us about a challenging project you have worked on.
Communication Skills Apple Interview Questions
- What’s the best way to communicate with colleagues?
- Who is your mentor?
- Tell us about a good day at work.
- What advice can you give to others who want to get ahead in their careers?
- Tell us about a difficult conversation you’ve ever had.
Interpersonal Skills Interview Questions
- Give an example of a time you used humor effectively.
- Tell one thing you admire about another person.
- Describe a time you were able to influence someone.
- Share an experience from your childhood that shaped your personality.
- Name three things you consider important in a relationship.
Company Culture Interview Questions
- List three qualities you look for in a colleague.
- Tell what you value most in your workplace.
- What’s the distinction between a leader and a manager?
- Tell us what motivates you.
- What are some examples of innovation within your company?
Apple Interview Success Tips
Want to ace your next job interview at Apple? Here are some tips:
- Make sure you know the answers to all questions before going into the interview.
- Be prepared to answer any question asked during the interview.
- Dress professionally.
- Prepare a list of questions you’d like to ask the interviewer.
- Practice answering interview questions.
- Keep calm and composed.
- Have confidence.
- Follow up after the interview.
Apple has been known for its innovative products since Steve Jobs returned to the company in 1997.
The company has grown tremendously over the past few decades and continues to grow every year.
It is one among the world’s largest corporations in terms of revenue and market capitalization.
We hope that these interview questions will help you prepare well for your upcoming Apple interview. Good luck!