Why do you want to Work Here? 20 Best Interview Answers
If you are going for a job interview one question to prepare for is: “Why do you want to work here?”
Employers usually want to know why you are interested in working for their company, which helps them to see how much knowledge you have about them.
To answer this question effectively requires that you research deep into the company before the interview.
Try getting as much information as you can from the company’s website before sitting for the interview.
Take your time to learn enough about the company, so that you can fill their needs and be able to win the job.
The research will help you discover the company’s mission statement and goals, and you should let the interviewer know that you have similar goals in mind.
While finding the company’s needs, ensure to declare your interest in the job, and how your career goals and plans can help meet the company’s expectation.
Your interest in the job will determine your overall performances. You should be able to understand which areas of the job appeals to you, and why it is so.
Why are you Interested in Working for Our Company? 20 Best Answers
Now, here are our best 20 examples of answers to the job interview question on why you desire to work for a company you are applying to:
1. I really believe in the value of teamwork, which you company promotes so well, and that motivated me to join your company and be part of your engineering department, so I decided to submit an application. It has become part of me working with different individuals towards a common goal and I know that my engineering skills and teamwork experience will bring about a great phenomenon of growth and make me a valuable teammate as well.
2. I’ve known several colleagues who have all said great things about this company. These days so many people seem to hate where they work for one reason or another. Everywhere we go; your workers never stop to mention how much they love their jobs.
3. I reached out to you because I saw in the news about your company opening a new branch. I’ve been doing call center management for six years and I have massive experience of it. What urged me to become your fan was a Christmas present I got last year.
4. My work gives me the comfort I need, and I’m proud of my profession. I’m not looking for additional income. Your company has the best services. You challenged me to seek a way to learn more about the company that renders such wonderful services. I believe strongly that I can fit in and complement the team.
5. I really like the kind of food served at the restaurant. I love Chinese food and I wanted to apply for a job that would give me chance to be the best I can with my skills and passion for the food when customers ask me questions.
6. The facility has a good training program for crew members to interact and work together as a team, and also achieve a common goal.
7. I enjoy helping customers rectify problems. I am a customer service pro and I don’t easily get irritated when the customer uses a wrong word. I keep my composure polite and always professional on the phone. Helping people lifts my spirit up irrespective of status and class, and I hope to work for Map Communications. I strive to always change the difficult situations of every person I help so they can smile.
8. Your company has a great deal of fame and I feel proud to be part of a team that aims to help others. I feel I should have direct hands-on knowledge and experience in this position, at this stage of my career.
9. I am looking for a great environment to exhibit my skills in a more creative way possible. My research has confirmed that your company can provide the kind of satisfaction I need, and also provide enough opportunities for my career growth.
10. I want to join your company as it is one of the best MNC in the field and it provides a good environment for working. I have a lot to gain here, and I am confident enough that I can perform with utmost zeal and work for the progress of the organization.
11. Working at Johnsons Pediatrics would be an opportunity to display my love for kids, and I would be able to use the clinical skills I’ve learned in the past through internships. I would learn many different working styles working in a practice with 11 doctors.
12. I saw a story a few months ago on the news about your company reaching out to the community. I was excited to see that there was a company that felt the same way I felt. When I discovered there was a job opening for people of my status, I was very excited and I look forward to working with the best of my skills and personal qualities as well.
13. I understand so well that this company is on its way to greatness. Your web site says the launch of several new products is certain. I want be a part of this business as it grows.
14. I see this company not only as a positive work environment, but also as a good opportunity where I can make a difference with my years of experience. I will work hard to make a BIG impact on the workforce.
15. My heart desire has always been to work with a company that develops increasingly, and I believe I have a great deal of experience to offer.
16. Because we have always used your cottons to make decorations, I know that your company can provide the values I need to build my personal skills as well as use it to create a very strong output. I look for the day I can work with the company that manufactures such an excellent material.
17. I was very excited when I saw your ad for a Clerk and so went on with findings. For me, a job is not only something that pays me, but for all the time and strength I commit to my work, I want to make sure there is progress in the company where I work. I’ve always been interested in widgets, and you’re the best in your field. I’d be proud to be part of helping this company to continue to grow.
18. When looking for a company to work for, I search for where I can be excited about what the company does. Your company is one of my top choices. What attracted me to this job was its ability to combine my interest and experience in logistics and security with work in a more global business environment.
19. I went into IT straight out of college, and I enjoyed using my skills and knowledge to assist different employees in the organization to solve their computer problems. It is always my pleasure changing people’s requirements into technical solutions, and this challenged me to continue acquiring knowledge anywhere possible. Any role that combines IT and people skills have always been my choice.
20. I’ve been following this organization for several years and I was cheered up when I discovered that you’re expanding to open a new distribution center.
As you answer this interview question, make sure to emphasize certain impressive quality about the company which you are excited about, and which will make your job enjoyable.
You should also highlight the qualities or skills you are coming with that will perfectly complement the company’s offering.
The effectiveness of your answer to this question will be your ability to show that your career objective, skills or qualities perfectly match the company’s goals and aspirations.
Employers love to know that a prospective employee is a perfect match to their company’s operation.
What answer do you think is more effective to apply? Please leave a comment in the box below. You can also share other answers that have worked for you.
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.