Top 20 Resume Objectives for Driver Positions
If you are making a resume for a driver job, the objective statement is an important aspect of it to give attention to.
You need to make your resume objective statement really captivating to get the recruiter’s attention to invite you to an interview and possibly hire you for the driver position.
This post will help you learn how to boost your driver resume with an effective career objective.
How to Make a Great Driver Resume Objective Statement that takes the Recruiter in
To make an attractive and effective objective statement for a driver resume, you need to know what exactly the employer wants.
Once you are able to give the employer what they want the prospective driver to have then you will be able to craft an objective statement for your resume that presents you as the right person for the job.
Recruiters or employers will more likely find your driver resume attractive to read if it began with an objective statement that shows them that you possess the qualities, including experience, skills, training, etc. that they require for hiring for the position.
Now, how do you know what the recruiter requires that applicants for the driving position should meet to be hired?
You can readily find this information in the job description and requirements the employer/recruiter publishes for the role.
This contains certain specific standards and requirements that the recruiter wants applicants for the driver position to meet to qualify to access the position.
It also contains the description of the available driver position that shows the duties the successful applicant will be expected to perform.
With the above information, you will be able to make an objective statement for your resume that assures the employer that you are the right candidate for the driver job that they are looking for.
You should include some of your best qualities, education, and/or experience in your objective statement, and they should meet the employer’s requirements for the driving job.
Now, here are some good examples of driver objective statements to help you make a great one for your resume:
20 Best Resume Objective Statements for Driver Positions
- Certified driving professionals with ability to deliver all correspondence relating to Title and Escrow, provide support to the Team, and exchange personal checks to cashier checks at various banks and credit unions. Desirous of a Driver position with TitleOne Corporation; coming with computer skills, including Windows and Microsoft, excellent customer relations and interpersonal relation skills, excellent organizational skills, detail and deadline oriented skills, problem solving skills, and clear driving record.
- To obtain a position with United Parcel Service to leverage state-required auto insurance; compliance with company appearance guidelines; proof of a registered vehicle for use; a valid driver’s license; availability to work all shifts including Saturdays and holidays; a vehicle under 10,000 pounds that has covered and secured bed; and ability to lift, lower and carry packages up to 70 pounds.
- Talented individual seeking a position with Penn State University as a Driver with ability to operate delivery truck to transport market milk and other dairy products to wholesale customers; fill dormitory and other wholesale orders for milk, cream, butter, cottage cheese, and other wholesale products; accumulate orders and load truck daily; monitor pull dates of milk products; and obtain signature for receipt of goods and return signed copies to office.
- Team oriented individual eager to work at Instacart Shoppers in the position of a Driver; coming with ability to shop on schedule, shop and deliver the customer’s order, and know the community by delivering to new and familiar areas. Also coming with US citizenship eligibility, consistent access to a vehicle, consistent access to and ability to use a recent smartphone, and ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Highly talented and motivated individual seeking a Driver position at Herbology to utilize strong ability to ensure delivery of product is always secured by following all security protocols; conduct inspections of vehicle to ensure it is in good order before departing to deliver products; load products into van according to specifications, deliver product to customers on assigned route, unload and deliver goods per client specifications, collect payments, check manifest and invoice to ensure products delivered match manifest, and follow route manifest for each delivery.
- Hopeful to gain employment with FedEx Express as a Courier Driver to operate company vehicles and provide courteous and efficient delivery and pickup of packages, check shipments for conformance to Fedex features of service, provide coverage for all assigned routes within the station’s service area, and provide related customer service functions. Also coming with High School Diploma, 3 years of experience as a courier driver, a valid driver’s license in accordance with state requirements, good driving records, and ability to demonstrate area knowledge in the most useful manner.
- Looking for the position of a Courier Driver with Avadian Credit Union to prepare bulk mailings for delivery to Post Office, meter all outgoing mail daily, maintain and service all postal equipment and notify supervisor when additional postage is needed, and assist Purchasing and Facilities with department duties assigned. Also coming with a High School diploma; excellent written and verbal skills; positive attitude, pleasant demeanor, decisiveness, and professionalism; knowledge of city streets, postal rates, and regulations; and a valid driver’s license.
- Highly trained individual seeking to work in a Driver position with Ahold e-Commerce; coming with ability to serve the customer in an effective, polite, professional, and upbeat manner while making deliveries to their homes and businesses; safely navigate a delivery truck within Elmsford, NY; manage a planned delivery schedule with minimal exceptions without interruption to customers; exhibit a high standard for performance, attendance and teamwork; and ensure food safety and workplace safety practices.
- Creative and problem-solving professional desirous to join a group of drivers at Kingdom Tran in the position of a qualified Driver. Coming with newer model vehicle, a valid driver’s license, a valid registration, a good driving record, knowledge of the geographic area and ability to use GPS. Also coming with great organizational skills needed to fulfill reporting requirements, a smartphone to use the company’s route management software, and a willingness to obtain CPR and First Aid certification.
- Seeking a Driver job at The Home Depot, to ensure outstanding customer order fulfillment experience, direct customer interaction, direct customers to store departments or merchandise, answer customer questions, and deliver products directly to customers. Also coming with a valid driver’s license with no suspensions, no accidents within the last 3 years, no DUI/DWI within the last 7 years, and no more than one moving violation within the last 3 years.
- Highly organized individual interested in a Driver position with Sullivan County BOCES, bringing ability to operate a motor vehicle delivering supplies, process outgoing mail including the operation of a postage meter, and collect mail and correspondence from offices. Also coming with full performance knowledge, skills, abilities, and personal characteristics; good knowledge of the operation of light motor vehicles, and good knowledge of vehicle and traffic laws as related to the operation of automotive equipment.
- Individual with strong reasoning ability looking to contribute huge experience in the Driver job at Lifeways, Inc. Coming with valid Driver’s license, National Safety Council Defensive Driving course, proper application of mechanical restraints and standards for the proper use of mechanical restraint, language skills, reasoning ability, and a High School diploma.
- Talented individual seeking a position with Vons as a Driver with ability to fill grocery orders that customers have placed online, use a hand-held computer, and gather the products on the customer’s shopping list, ensuring order accuracy, product quality and freshness. Also bringing superior customer service and ability to package the orders and prepare them for shipment; ensure customers’ orders are selected accurately, supervise employees, and schedule and work under time restrictions, safety, and sanitation.
- Energetic individual with huge driving background, seeking to apply five years of experience as a Shuttle Driver with ABM Industries. Coming with ability to drive passengers to and from assigned locations, help passengers load and unload luggage, inspect vehicles on a regular basis to find any unsafe conditions or maintenance issues, as well as flexibility in the job and willingness to complete all tasks that are assigned.
- Individual with strong ability to learn fast interested in the position of a Driver at STS Transportation Services, to continually lift, lower and carry heavy packages. Also coming with High School diploma, excellent customer service and driving skills, a state valid driver’s license, good communication skills, and the ability to work eight or more hours each weekday, from Monday to Friday.
- Safety conscious individual with high level of skills and experience. Desirous of a Driver position with Lyon County to transport youth both in secure and non-secure custody to designated placements; operate county vehicles, and transport juveniles as directed by the court or a community corrections officer. Also bringing current class C driver’s license, a High School diploma, and ability to receive, interpret and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Experienced, talented, and highly organized individual seeking a Driving job with U-Haul. Coming with a High School diploma, a valid driver’s license, and ability to maintain a good driving record to operate commercial motor vehicles, adhere to all local state and federal vehicular regulations while driving, drive U-Haul truck and equipment to the company’s repair shops for scheduled maintenance, and repaired trucks and equipment to various U-Haul Centers and U-Haul dealership locations for rental purposes.
- Individual seeking a Driver position at Central Network Retail Group, LLC with ability to perform vehicle inspections, have and maintain an acceptable DMV record, lift heavy equipment, drive a forklift, and wait on customers. Also coming with a valid driver’s license, current medical card, a clean MVR, a High School diploma, 3 years related experience, and ability to read and understand simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- An enthusiastic individual desirous of an Entry Level Driver position with Ryder, to safely drive a commercial vehicle and comply with safety & DOT Regulations, continuous training and customer service. Also bringing 5 years of Class A verifiable experience in a tractor trailer or similar vehicle, appropriate CDL and endorsements, and ability to follow written and oral instructions, and read, interpret, and apply laws, rules, regulations policies and procedures.
- Active individual with huge driving skills and ability to operate a 15-passenger van to safely transport students, faculty, and staff to and from designated locations locally and regionally in accordance with established safe driving methods and standards. Longing for a position at Penn State University as a Driver; bringing a High School diploma and 5 years driving experience, a Pennsylvania driver’s license, and successful completion of two (2) WEB-based training and testing modules.
To improve your chances for an interview with prospective employers for a driver position, you must ensure your resume objective statement captures what they are looking for in the candidate they want to hire.
This post provides valuable ideas and examples you can use in making an irresistible career objective for your resume if you are seeking a driving job.>> Create a professional resume in only 3 steps with the Awesome Resume Builder (it's free!) and increase your interview call ups.