Morgan Stanley HireVue interview questions can be very tough for applicants but if you are prepared and have a great attitude, then it will all work out well in the end.
This post highlights samples of some of the questions you can expect in a Morgan Stanley HireVue interview.
What do Interviewers look for in a Morgan Stanley Hirevue Interview?
Interviewers look for candidates that have the right skills, knowledge, experience, and personality to fit into their company culture.
They want to know what your strengths and weaknesses are so they can help you improve on them.
Interviewers also want to see how you interact with other people, whether or not you’re able to communicate well, and how you handle difficult situations.
10 Most Common Morgan Stanley Hirevue Interview Questions (with Answers)
- What is your current position?
I currently work as an Associate at Merrill Lynch in New York City where I’m responsible for managing my own team of analysts.
My primary responsibility is to manage our research efforts and make sure we provide accurate and timely information to clients.
2. Tell me about yourself.
I am a third year student at Columbia University majoring in Finance, and I was raised in Brooklyn, New York.
My passion includes sports such as basketball. I also like going on vacations and spending time with my family and friends.
3. Why did you leave your last job?
It became important for me to leave my last job because I wanted to take on more responsibility and grow within the firm.
I felt like I had reached the point where I could no longer learn from my peers and supervisors.
4. How would you describe your management style?
My management style is hands-on. I believe that managers should get involved in every aspect of their teams’ day-to-day operations.
It is important for managers to understand the business and industry they serve. I try to keep this in mind when interacting with my employees.
5. What is your greatest strength?
I will say that the ability to think critically and analytically is my greatest strength. It is my character to always try to find new ways to solve problems and come up with innovative ideas.
6. Why should we hire you?
You should hire me because I am passionate about my work and I am willing to go above and beyond to meet client needs.
I am also eager to learn and develop myself professionally.
More Morgan Stanley Hirevue Interview Questions and Answers
7. Why did you choose finance as a career?
Finance is my choice due to the fact that I love working with numbers. I feel that I can use my analytical skills to create value for others.
8. Do you have any hobbies?
Yes, I enjoy reading and watching movies. I also play basketball and travel whenever possible.
9. Have you ever been fired?
No, I haven’t been fired yet!
10. Tell us about a time when you were faced with a challenge and overcame it successfully.
A few months ago, I worked on a project that required me to analyze financial statements for companies that operate in industries such as retail, healthcare, and technology.
The data set was extremely large and complex.
I spent several hours each week analyzing the data and preparing reports for my supervisor.
At first, I struggled to complete all of my assignments on time.
However, after some practice, I became much better at completing projects quickly. This helped me become more efficient and increase my productivity.
Sample Morgan Stanley Hirevue Interview Questions
Here are sample questions you can expect in a Morgan Stanley Hirevue interview that you can use for your preparation:
Behavioral Based Morgan Stanley Hirevue Interview Questions
- What are your top three strengths?
- Why do you want to work at Morgan Stanley Hirevue?
- Describe a situation in which you used one of your strengths effectively.
- What are your weaknesses?
- What do you dislike most about your current position?
Case Based Morgan Stanley Hirevue Interview Questions
- Tell me about a time when you made an error while performing your duties.
- If you knew then what you know now, would you have done things differently?
- What are your goals for the future?
- Why should we hire you?
- What are your professional interests?
Competency Based Morgan Stanley Hirevue Interview Questions
- Please explain how you will contribute to our team.
- What are your professional goals?
- How do you intend to attain these objectives and goals?
- Why do you want this job?
- What makes you different from other candidates?
Problem-solving Based Morgan Stanley Hirevue Interview Questions
- Give me an example of a problem you had to solve in your previous position.
- How did you approach solving this problem?
- How did you overcome obstacles?
- How did you determine the best solution?
- Can you give me an example of a difficult decision you had to make?
Situational Based Morgan Stanley Hirevue Interview Questions
- When did you last speak to your manager?
- Where did you go on vacation?
- What is your favorite movie?
- What is your greatest weakness?
- What is your biggest fear?
Communication Skills Based Morgan Stanley Hirevue Interview Questions
- How well do you communicate with colleagues?
- How well do you interact with clients?
- How well do you prepare for meetings?
- How well do you follow up after meeting with clients?
- How well do you write emails?
Interpersonal Skills Based Morgan Stanley Hirevue Interview Questions
- Who has been your mentor?
- What qualities do you look for in mentors?
- What motivates you to succeed?
- What are the most important skills you need to develop?
- How do you motivate people?
Company Culture Based Morgan Stanley Hirevue Interview Questions
- Describe a typical day at your company.
- Describe a challenging situation you faced at your company.
- What is the culture like at your company?
- Describe a time when you were able to influence someone else’s opinion or behavior.
- What are the most valuable lessons you learned during your career?
Finance Based Morgan Stanley Hirevue Interview Questions
- What is the distinction between cash and accrual accounting, and how do you explain it?
- Define capital budgeting.
- Describe the differences between cost center and functional reporting.
- Describe the role of financial planning within the organization.
- Describe the three major components of a balance sheet.
Morgan Stanley Hirevue Interview Success Tips
Since it is a video interview, here are some tips to help you appear confident and professional when interviewing for a job with Morgan Stanley Hirevue:
- Know enough about the job and the firm to do your homework.
- Double-check that your equipment is in good working order.
- Create a distraction-free environment
- Put yourself in the best light possible.
- Make sure your camera is in the right place.
- Don’t Rely on Memorandums
- Dress as though you’re going on a face-to-face interview.
- Perform a few test runs
- Ensure you login ahead of time
- Close all documents and apps to clear your screen.
The Morgan Stanley Hirevue is one of the top interviews that can be applied to any industry.
Preparation and practice are essential factors for success. You must know what to expect and have practiced answering each question.
If you are not prepared, then you may appear nervous and unsure of yourself.