ConocoPhillips Hiring Process: Job Application, Interviews, and Employment
The hiring process at ConocoPhillips involves various stages, including the job application and interview processes that you will be expected to pass through to be employed by the Company.
Please, continue reading:
ConocoPhillips Company Overview
ConocoPhillips is multinational energy corporation headquartered in the United States, Houston Texas precisely.
It is was created as a result of the merger of two American oil companies – Conoco Inc. and Phillips Petroleum Co.
These two American organizations have been in existence for several decades before they decided to merge together and birth ConocoPhillips, which is a gigantic company.
This company has countless gas stations within its country of origin, and it’s is one of the world’s largest brands in the energy industry.
Over the years, ConocoPhillips has been able to thrive greatly and offer employment to tens of thousands of individuals across the globe.
The ConocoPhillips Hiring Process
ConocoPhillips remains one of the largest organizations that offer a straightforward and easy recruitment process for job seekers.
Here are the procedures that are involved in the ConocoPhillips hiring process:
- The Job Application Process
ConocoPhillips typically begins with an online application. The company normally post job openings on their careers website – careers.conocophillips.com, and they do not fail to review job applications after receiving them.
ConocoPhillips doesn’t accept an email or paper version of your resume, thus, you need to follow the guidelines on the careers site to set up an online account in order to make your application possible.
2. Interview Process
The interview process carried out at ConocoPhillips is usually different based on the position a candidate is applying for.
Generally, interviews are typically done on-site where an interviewee will be granted access to meet with the Human Resources representatives.
If you are luckily chosen among other candidates who succeeded in this interview, you will get an invitation to come back for another interview.
In this second interview, you will meet with significant individuals whom you will work with if you are going to be employed later on.
Within a very short time-frame, you will be assessed by a few HR representatives.
The assessment simply requires you to answer series of some slightly tricky questions, which will clearly detect if you are the candidate ConocoPhillips desires for the position.
The ConocoPhillips interview questions you may be required to provide answers to include:
- Why have you chosen to practice your career in the energy industry?
- Mention a few things you regretted doing at your previous work place(s), and why?
- What are the goals or heights you want to attain in life?
- Do you have personal mission statement? If yes, what is it?
- Do you consider compensation to be a very important factor when accepting a new job offer?
- Do your personal activities disrupt your job? If yes, how do you intend to manage this while you work with us?
Regardless of the number of times you have been interviewed, an interview always has a way of getting you tensed. Preparation can be used to counter this.
Here are some interview tips you may need to prepare for:
- ConocoPhillips website has some vital information about itself as a company. It is advised to visit the site, research about the company and have good level of knowledge about ConocoPhillips. This can be very helpful during the interview.
- Try not to exhibit desperation for the job when you are being interviewed.
- ConocoPhillips is usually interested in candidates who can solve problems creatively and innovatively. Prepare a few authentic examples to clearly depict this quality.
3. Hearing from ConocoPhillips after the Interview
Once the interview process has been concluded, the recruiters will determine the best candidates for the positions.
During the period of selecting the preferred candidates, you will need to play a waiting game for a few weeks before knowing your fate.
Both successful and unsuccessful participants in the interview will be contacted via phone call or email to inform them about their interview results, and what to do next.
4. Pre-employment Checks
If you have been given an employment offer by the ConocoPhillips recruitment team, you must take part in the company’s compulsory pre-employment checks, which involve a background check, drug test, and any other necessary medical checks.
This is the last aspect of the hiring process, after which your employment will be finalized.
Your background check may include employment history, credit history, criminal records, motor vehicle, and other necessary areas.
The drug testing will not be left out, it will be conducted at one of the suitable ConocoPhillips facility or any designated medical facility.
ConocoPhillips Jobs and Careers
Among the countless jobs offered by ConocoPhillips, here are some of the key roles in the company:
- Energy analyst: This employee has a crucial responsibility in evolving the supply of energy as well as demand and price outlooks for an aspect of the market. He or she captures, prioritizes, and analyzes energy market data.
- Senior land analyst: This role is assigned to be in charge of analyzing and interpreting the provisions of land contracts and documents. The position also offers assistance to land asset teams in obtaining and maintaining oil and gas leases, as well as exploration and contracts of products.
- Mechanical maintenance tech: This employee is responsible for executing general mechanical duties. He or she maintains heavy industrial turbines, pumps, compressors, and various other equipment. General facility maintaining duties are significantly part of the responsibilities of this role.
- Health, safety, and environment specialist: This role is highly important to ConocoPhillips and only a few persons can function in this position competently. This employee maintains the working knowledge of the health, safety, and environment (HSE) system requirements and agency regulations. He or she also coordinates, develops, and presents HSE management training programs for specific employees in a special facility.
What to Expect Working at ConocoPhillips
ConocoPhillips is an organization with a drive to thrive and they expect every staff to work in accordance with its intention.
The company usually conducts trainings for employees to advance their knowledge of the job, and makes it possible for them to utilize new equipment.
There are various skillful people to meet with and learn from, plus numerous benefits that will be available for you.
However, as an employee, you can only grow when you put in a lot of hard work. Lazy staffs can’t grow in ConocoPhillips and are hardly recognized.
Once an employee no longer has passion and interest for the job he or she does in the company, he or she won’t have job security at all.
The process that leads you to an employment offer from ConocoPhillips is not a difficult one to pass through, even though many people think it is.
Unlike many other large oil and gas organizations, ConocoPhillips hiring process doesn’t involve several many stages.
You only need to undergo a few procedures, which will be enough to prove to them that you are the right candidate for the job.
It is very unnecessary to be anxious or bothered about how to get a job at this company.
This article has provided key guidelines on how to go about your job application and interviews, and more at ConocoPhillips.
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.