Software Engineer Salary in Mississippi and How to Increase It
The software engineer salary in Mississippi is $81,701 yearly.
This post presents detailed information about the software engineer salary in Mississippi and how to increase it, including the top cities and companies that pay the most salaries to software engineers in the State of Mississippi.
Please, continue reading:
Mississippi is a State in the Southern regions of the US where software engineers earn 29% lower and 43% above National average; salaries are $81,701 yearly with $4,000 bonus attached.
Mississippi is in a region not noted for high salaries but greatly improving and driving the Northeast region.
Software Engineer Salary across the State of Mississippi
Cities like Southaven where the salary is highest and Gulfport with the lowest salary show a 15% difference, something greatly to be considered in making a choice of working in Mississippi as a software engineer.
Mississippi has one of the lowest salaries in the whole of the Southern region for software engineers.
Highest Paying Cities for Software Engineers in Mississippi
Highlighted below are the top cities where software engineers earn the highest salaries in the State of Mississippi:
|City||Yearly Salary ($)|
Software Engineer Salary Based on Skill in Mississippi
Highlighted below are the earning potentials for the skilled Software engineer in the State of Mississippi.
The top earning skill remains on top of the pile in descending order:
- Scala earns 24.30%, which translates to $19,853 yearly.
- Os kernel earns 17.55%, gives a yearly salary of $14,338.
- Big Data earns 17.35%, which earns $14,175 yearly.
- Microservices earns 16.13%, which is $13,178 yearly.
- Machine Learning earns 11.91%, which earns a salary of $9,567.
- Data Structures earn 10.99%, which is $8,978 yearly as salary.
Software Engineer Salary Based on Experience in Mississippi
Here is the earning power of Mississippi software engineers based on their years of experience on the job. The list starts from the entry level to the highest most experienced level:
- – 1 year experience in Mississippi State as a software engineer earns $69,205 yearly.
- 1 – 2 years of experience earns $71,101 yearly.
- 3 – 5 years also earns $75,000.
- 6 – 9 years earns $81,325.
- 10 years and above number of experience on the job earns $93,171.
10 Highest Paying Companies for Software Engineer in Mississippi
Here are high paying companies in the State of Mississippi for software engineers:
|Company||Yearly Salary ($)|
|Octo Consulting Group||153,511|
More Benefits for Software Engineers in Mississippi
Software engineers in Mississippi enjoy other benefits aside the salary and bonuses they get.
Below are some of the benefits software engineers in Mississippi State enjoy:
- Gym membership. Stress related issues often arise for software engineers in Mississippi and the employing companies provide membership in gyms for their people to relieve the stress of long hours of work.
- Food assistance. Due to long hours of work, food is provided for software engineers who work late or over time, due to not having the needed time for breaks.
- Visa assistance. Visa assistance is provided to software engineers in the State of Mississippi when the need arises for such assistance. It can come in times of seminars, trainings or, workshops.
- Relocation assistance. Mississippi software engineers get relocation assistance when moving from one part of the State to another or moving from one State to another.
- Stock options. Software engineers in Mississippi get stock options as part of their benefits.
What Related Job Titles to Software Engineer Earn in Mississippi
Some related jobs to that of the software engineer in the State of Mississippi are listed out below alongside their yearly earning potential:
- Full stack developer in Mississippi earns $114,907.
- Application developer earns $73,038 yearly.
- Developer earns $71,244 yearly.
- Backend developer earns $64,450.
- Frontend developer earns $55,967 yearly in Mississippi.
Software Engineer Job and Salary Outlook in Mississippi
Looking forward, the State of Mississippi is amongst the Southern States where high salaries are very difficult to come by.
But in making a choice to live and work in Mississippi, the affordable cost of living comes into play.
When put together, Mississippi has limited advancement for potential salary increase in the near future; it’s one of the inland States in the South where high salaries are hard to come by.
How to Increase Your Salary as a Software Engineer in Mississippi
Here are some ideas to use when seeking to increase your yearly salary as a software engineer in the State of Mississippi:
- Acquire a good basic degree. A well-qualified software engineer is bound to have an increase in salary in Mississippi.
- Acquire a known set of Skills. Getting a good degree means you have acquired a set of soft skills, but you also need the technical skills to help get a salary rise. So get skilled and see the list above to learn how skilled software engineers earn in Mississippi.
- Relocate to high paying cities. Shown above are the highest paying cities for software engineers in Mississippi; it will go well if you chose one of the high paying cities to work in.
- Work for big multinationals. Also shown above are the big companies in Mississippi where you can expect to be paid a high salary as a software engineer. Seek to work for any of the companies and get a salary increase.
- Hang out with friends and acquaintances. Getting insider information about vacant positions can also be a source of increasing your salary in Mississippi. You may be able to get a higher paying job from other people giving you information about it.
More Career Opportunities for Software Engineers in Mississippi
Software engineers can also advance their careers in other fields.
Here are major careers that software engineers in Mississippi can also explore:
- Computer hardware engineer earns $92,000 yearly.
- Computer network architect earns $88,000 yearly.
- Video game designer earns $79,000 yearly.
- Industrial engineer earns $78,000 yearly.
Mississippi is located in the Southern regions of the US with software engineer salary as high as $81,702.
It’s in a region where low salary for software engineers is balanced by low cost of living, and this is the main attraction driving huge potentials towards the State.