The pharmacist’s salary in Georgia is about $122,000, annually and $58.60 hourly.
Pharmacists are a very important part of the healthcare team and they distribute prescription medication, recommend options for over-the-counter drugs, and counsel patients on the available options and the potential hazards of drugs.
Pharmacists Salary across Cities in Georgia
Here are salaries of pharmacists across the cities of Georgia:
|Cities||Hourly Salary||Annual Salary|
10 Highest Paying Cities for Pharmacists in Georgia
In Georgia, a lot of factors determine the pay that each pharmacist can receive. One very important factor is how well a particular city pays with relation to the others.
Here are ten cities that pay the most salary to pharmacists in Georgia:
|Cities||Hourly Salary||Annual Salary|
Pharmacists Salary Based on Skills in Georgia
When you possess the much needed skills as a pharmacist, you’ll be highly rewarded by most employers in Georgia as they are always on the lookout for pharmacists with the skills they need to thrive.
Those skills, which can be obtained through certifications, will enable the pharmacist to gain promotion at the workplace, thus, increasing the salary.
Pharmacists Salary Based on Experience in Georgia
A pharmacist at the beginning of their career will only earn about $112,451 every year because they have very little experience.
With time, they’ll be able to earn more as a pharmacist having about ten years or more in experience can earn even as much as $139,111 in Georgia yearly.
10 Highest Paying Companies for Pharmacists in Georgia
The top ten companies that pay pharmacists most in Georgia are:
|Companies||Hourly Salary||Annual Salary|
|1.||Stanford Health Care||$90.53||$188,312|
|3.||White Glove Placement, Inc.||$80.85||$168,182|
|6.||Vtech Solution Inc||$74.96||$155,935|
10 Highest Paying Pharmacist Jobs in Georgia
There are different jobs available to pharmacists in Georgia. The highest paying of them all can be found below:
- Pharmacy Informaticist: $169,000
- Pharmacologist : $152,000
- Clinical Pharmacologist : $150,000
- Hospital Pharmacist: $145,000
- Inpatient Pharmacist: $144,000
- Pharmaceutical Physician: $143,000
- Licensed Pharmacist: $137,000
- Chief Pharmacist: $132,000
- Pharmacist In Charge: $130,000
- Clinical Staff Pharmacist: $125,000
More Benefits for Pharmacists in Georgia
A pharmacist in Georgia, apart from basic salary, also earns some benefits, which include:
- Student Loan Repayment: Employers offer torepay the loans of fresh graduates which they accumulated in school.
- Remote Work Hours: This benefit enables the pharmacists in a company to work from anywhere they choose to.
- Opportunities for advancement: This is an opportunity given to pharmacists which enables them progress in their roles in the company.
What Related Job Titles to Pharmacists Earn in Georgia
Some jobs related to pharmacy can be gotten in Georgia, they include:
- Toxicologist: They are fully focused on the adverse effect of chemicals in the human body and can earn an average of $80,724 per annum.
- Pharmaceutical Sales Representative: They are responsible for educating physicians about the introduction of a new drug to the market, how the drug works, and how it can aid patients who are suffering from a particular condition. These professionals can in a year earn an average of $77,157.
- Pharmacologist: They, in contrast to pharmacists whose jobs are to dispense medications, create medications for patients. They earn, on average, $91,510 each year.
Pharmacists Job and Salary Outlook in Georgia
The salary for pharmacists in Georgia grew at a rate of 1.82% in the last five years according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, and is expected to grow further at the same rate.
It’s projected that about 630 jobs would be created annually in the state due to demand.
How to Increase Your Pay as a Pharmacist in Georgia
Here are ideas you can use to increase your salary as a pharmacist in Georgia:
- Earning a promotion.
- Taking extra shifts to earn better.
- Teaching or lecturing on the side.
More Career Opportunities for Pharmacists in Georgia
Different career opportunities exist for pharmacists in Georgia, and they are:
- Chemotherapy pharmacist: Chemotherapy pharmacists are tasked with the preparation and dispensing of chemotherapy drugs used in treatment of cancer patients. They could earn up to $52.55 hourly.
- Nuclear pharmacist: They provide healthcare services majorly to patients in rural areas, especially to geriatric or older populations. They earn about $52.55 per hour.
- Long-term care pharmacists: A long-term care pharmacist aids in the overseeing of the pharmaceutical services for patients who are in a long term care facility.
They earn about $54.63 per hour on average in Georgia.
This article has provided all you need to know about the salary of a pharmacist in Georgia, including the top-paying cities and companies, so you can make effective decision about living and working in the State.
It also provided tips on how you can increase your salary as a pharmacist living and working in Georgia.