Pharmacist Salary in Arkansas and How to Increase your Pay
The pharmacist salary in Arkansas is about $123,000 annually and $59.10 hourly. Pharmacy is a well-paying job, appealing to most people in Arkansas; they are responsible for dispensing drugs to patients and for giving advice on how best to use those medications.
Pharmacists Salary across Cities in Arkansas
Highest Paying Cities for Pharmacists in Arkansas
One of the factors that determine how well a pharmacist would be paid in Arkansas is the city of work. Some cities pay more than others and by so much too.
Below is a list of the 10 highest paying cities for pharmacists in Arkansas:
|City||Salary Hourly||Salary Yearly|
|2.||North Little Rock||$63.83||$132,778|
Pharmacist Salary Based on Skills in Arkansas
The earnings of Arkansas pharmacists are hugely influenced by the skills they possess. The more skilled a pharmacist is, the more the probability of a higher pay.
Employers are more willing to pay more money to the pharmacist in Arkansas with greater qualifications as they’re more useful in their companies than most contemporary ones.
With great skills, a pharmacist can earn about $160,000 or more in Arkansas..
Pharmacist Salary Based on Experience in Arkansas
For employers in Arkansas, experience matters a lot. Some won’t even employ a pharmacist who has little to no experience on the job.
A pharmacist having 1 year of experience could earn a total compensation (includes bonuses, tips, and overtime pay) of about $40.97 on average in Arkansas ,while one with an experience of ten years or above may earn about $67.93.
10 Highest Paying Companies for Pharmacists in Arkansas
In Arkansas, some companies pay pharmacists more than the others. These could be for a variety of reasons which may include how valuable the employer thinks the pharmacists are to their company
The 10 highest paying companies for pharmacists in Arkansas are:
|Company||Salary Yearly||Salary Hourly|
|1||Stanford Health Care||$177,694||$85.43|
|7||Riverside Health System||$139,547||$67.09|
|8||Parkland Health & Hospital System||$139,048||$66.85|
|9||Swedish Medical Center||$134,284||$64.56|
10 Highest Paying Jobs for Pharmacists Arkansas
Not every position pays as well as others in the field of pharmacy. The highest paying jobs for pharmacists in Arkansas include:
- Clinical Pharmacy Specialist – Infectious Disease: Salary is about $156,257 per year.
- Clinical Pharmacist I: Salary is about $134,000.
- Contract Pharmacist – Salary is about $132,000 yearly.
- Staff Pharmacist: Salary is about $131,000 yearly.
- Pharmacist – Safety Sensitive: Salary is about $130,000 yearly.
- Clinical Pharmacist: Salary is about $130,000 yearly.
- Pharmacist Consultant: Salary is about $122,000 yearly.
- PRN Pharmacist: Salary is about $120,000 yearly.
- Pharmacist 1 – Inpatient Pharmacy: Salary is about $120,000 yearly.
More Benefits for Pharmacists in Arkansas
Apart from their salaries, Arkansas pharmacists enjoy some bonuses offered to them by their employers as incentives. They include:
- Remote work & Flexible work hours: Some companies in Arkansas let their staff work remotely without having to be in the office on a daily basis.
- Paid leave: A paid leave is an attractive incentive enjoyed by pharmacists in most companies in Arkansas.
- Health insurance: Some pharmacists in Arkansas enjoy the benefit of a health insurance with their companies covering the costs of medical issues and checkups.
- Performance based bonuses: A job well done needs rewarding, right? Some companies in Arkansas offer their employees bonuses based on how well they perform on the job.
What Related Job Titles Do Pharmacists Earn in Arkansas
There are roles that are related to pharmacy and can also fetch a very good pay in Arkansas. Some of these roles include:
- Clinical Program Managers
The clinical program manager is responsible for the overseeing of clinical trials and procedures and they ensure that all medical operations adhere to the internal guidelines of the institution and the strict safety measures. They earn about $70,289 every year.
- Clinical Specialist
The clinical specialist is a professional that sells medical devices to healthcare providers. They travel to healthcare facilities and are responsible for introducing products to medical professionals and training users on the functionalities of their products.
The average earning of a clinical specialist is $86,306 per year in Arkansas.
- Clinic Coordinator
Clinic coordinators organize and oversee the daily activities of a healthcare facility like clinics, hospitals, and other patient care facilities. They earn about $47,400 on average in Arkansas.
Pharmacist Job and Salary Outlook in Arkansas
According to BLS, in Arkansas, there will be about 3,350 pharmacists by 2028 which would mark a growth rate at 0.90% and also project 150 job openings yearly for the aspiring pharmacists.
Due to the demand of pharmacists in Arkansas, there has been a consistent increase in the salaries of pharmacists in the last four years and this is projected to continue in the coming years by about 1.4%.
How to Increase Your Pay as a Pharmacist in Arkansas
Here are ideas you can apply to increase your salary as a pharmacist in Arkansas:
- By taking extra shifts if your company allows it.
- You can decide to teach workshops if you’re good with public speaking as this has proven to be very helpful.
- Earning other certifications and qualifications will also help you earn more in Arkansas as a pharmacist.
More Career Opportunities for Pharmacists in Arkansas
There are several career opportunities available to pharmacists in Arkansas. They include:
- Clinical Pharmacist
Clinical pharmacists provide clinical assistance to the other healthcare professionals like physicians and nurses.
They also ensure that medications are properly prepared, stored, and delivered. The clinical pharmacist salary in Arkansas is about $135,119 yearly.
- Staff Pharmacist, Acute Care Pharmacy
The staff pharmacist, acute care pharmacy evaluates the medication orders of patients and verifies the appropriateness of all doses in reference to the diagnosis, age, weight and body surface area.
They also identify and intervene when issues arise due to drug therapy. The staff pharmacist, acute care pharmacy salary is about $136,327 yearly in Arkansas.
- PRN: Relief Pharmacist
Their job is to distribute drugs that are prescribed by physicians and other health practitioners to patients, provide information to customers about the prescribed medications and their use.
They also focus on providing a high level of customer service. Salary is about $103,061 yearly in Arkansas.
The role of a pharmacist is a very attractive one in the State of Arkansas as its pay is highly lucrative.
This article has enlightened you on how much salaries a pharmacist can make in Arkansas, including how to increase it.