Wyoming Software Engineer Salary and How to Increase It
The software engineer salary in Wyoming is $86,540 yearly.
Situated in the Rocky Mountains of the U.S., Wyoming has one of the lowest paying salaries across the entire country, which is $86,540 yearly salary, with $4,000 attached bonus.
Wyoming has a cost of living rate of 95.4%, which is low and it’s the State major attraction to software engineers.
Software Engineer Salary across the State of Wyoming
Laramie, Casper, Jackson are the three principal cities in Wyoming where software engineers earn the highest salaries.
Laramie has the highest earning power, $100,764, and despite its high earning potential, the software engineer market is not active across the State.
Highest Paying Cities for Software Engineers in the State of Wyoming
These are the highest paying cities for software engineers in the State of Wyoming and how they earn across the State yearly:
|City||Yearly Salary ($)|
Software Engineer Salary Based on Skill in the State of Wyoming
Skills play an important role in a software engineer’s ability to get high salaries and for the aspiring software engineers in Wyoming.
Here are highly needed skills and how much software engineers earn with them in Wyoming:
- Scala skilled software engineers in Wyoming earn 24.30%, which is $21,029 add-on to their salaries yearly.
- Os kernel skilled software engineers in Wyoming earn 17.55%, which adds up to $15,187 to their salaries yearly.
- Big data skilled software engineers in Wyoming earn 17.35%, which amounts to $15,014 as add-on to their salaries yearly.
- Microservices skilled software engineer in Wyoming earn 16.13%, which is $13,958 as addition to salary.
- Machine learning skilled software engineers in Wyoming earn 11.91%, which is $10,133 add-on to yearly salary.
- Data structures skilled software engineers earn 10.99%, which gives $9,510 as addition to their salaries.
Software Engineer Salary Based on Experience in the State of Wyoming
Experience for a software engineer is important in getting a pay rise. Wyoming software engineers with more number of years of experience get higher salaries than those with lower experience.
The list below shows years of experience and salaries for software engineers in the State of Wyoming:
- 1 year experience as software engineer in Wyoming earns yearly salary of $79,971.
- 1 – 2 years of experience as a software engineer in Wyoming earns a salary of $82,162 yearly.
- 3 – 5 years experience as a software engineer in Wyoming earns salary of $90,000 yearly.
- 6 – 9 years of experience as a software engineer in Wyoming earns $79,971 yearly.
- 10 years and above as software engineer in Wyoming earns $107,665 as yearly salary.
10 Highest Paying Companies for Software Engineer in the State of Wyoming
The table below list out the companies paying the highest salaries in the State of Wyoming:
|Company||Salary Yearly ($)|
|Octo Consulting Group||153,511|
More Benefits for Software Engineers in the State of Wyoming
Software engineers in Wyoming aside from their salaries get other benefits, including:
- Stocks Option. Software engineers in Wyoming may be given shares in the company stocks, which can later be converted to cash.
- Gym Membership. Software engineers in Wyoming may be enrolled by their companies in gyms to help them maintain both mental and physical fitness.
- Visa Assistance. Software engineers in Wyoming are given assistance to procure visa when the need arises for such.
- Food Provided. Food provision is made for software engineers in Wyoming due to long hours of work, which makes them unable to go for break.
- Relocation Assistance. When there is need to relocate from one part of the State to another in Wyoming, the software engineers are given assistance by their companies.
What Related Job Titles to Software Engineer Earn in the State of Wyoming
Highlighted below are related job titles to software engineering in Wyoming and there yearly earning potential:
- Full Stack developers in Wyoming earn a yearly salary of $94,032.
- Backend developers in Wyoming earn $92,139 yearly salary.
- Application developers in Wyoming earn $82,655 yearly salary.
- Frontend developers in Wyoming earn $66,806 yearly salary.
- Developers earn a yearly salary of $63,840.
Software Engineer Job and Salary Outlook in the State of Wyoming
The software engineer market in the State of Wyoming is not very active.
Comparing the highest paying city (Laramie $100.764) to the least paying city Evanston ($86,262), the difference in salary is just 21%.
Wyoming also has a cost of living ratio of 95.4%. Its major attracting point for software engineers is its low cost of living.
It is one of the States in the region where high tech companies are not really attracted to, even with its low living cost.
How to Increase your Salary as a Software Engineer in the State of Wyoming
As a software engineer in the State of Wyoming, chances are that increase in salary will be your focus.
Below is a list of ideas you can apply to increase your salary in Wyoming:
- Get a good education. Having a good education matters very much in helping a software engineer in Wyoming to increase their salary.
- Relocate. Certain cities within the State of Wyoming pay higher than others, it will be more beneficial to the software engineer looking to increase their salary to move to cities where higher salaries are paid, such as Laramie, Casper, Jackson.
- Get good skills. If you are thinking of increasing your salary in Wyoming, one thing you can do is to acquire or improve on a top-in-demand skill in the field of software engineering. See the table above for high earning skills for software engineers in Wyoming.
- Work for high paying companies. A software engineer looking for how they can increase their salary in Wyoming can target working for companies like Apple, Facebook, Octo Consulting Group, and Capital One, which are the highest paying firms for software engineers in Wyoming.
More Career Opportunities for Software Engineers in the State of Wyoming
Here are additional career opportunities for software engineers in Wyoming, how much salary they earn:
- Computer network architects in Wyoming earn $91,000 yearly.
- Sales engineers in Wyoming earn $91,000 yearly.
- Computer hardware engineers in Wyoming earn $87,000 yearly.
- Mechatronics engineers in Wyoming earn $84,000.
Wyoming is particularly noted for its slow paced movement in the software engineering industry, with the difference in salary between its most active city (Laramie $100,764) and the lowest paying city Evanston ($86,262) is just 21%.
How, the State’s best selling point is its relative low cost of living standards (95.4%), which is a big attraction to software engineers.
Information sources: careerexplorer.com, bls.gov, payscale.com, indeed.com, ziprecruiter.com, hackreactor.com, insight.dice.com, fullstackacademy.com, and glassdoor.com.