Warehouse Logistics Specialist Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
This post gives detailed information of the job description of a warehouse logistics specialist to improve your knowledge of what the role does.
It presents the key tasks, duties, and responsibilities that commonly define the warehouse logistics specialist work description in most organizations.
It also presents major requirements that individuals seeking the warehouse logistics specialist role will be expected to meet by recruiters to qualify for hiring.
Please, continue reading to learn more about the warehouse logistics specialist career:
What Does a Warehouse Logistics Specialist Do?
A warehouse logistics specialist is responsible for the storage, distribution, inventory management, and recording of maintenance of items in a warehouse.
In other words, a warehouse logistics specialist can also be said to be an important part of supply chain management, which focuses on the receipt and proper storage of properties.
A warehouse logistics specialist is saddled with the responsibility of performing varieties of important duties such as managing the stock room, which contains the receipt, and storing of properties; reserving space allocations for properties and items, and managing specialized storage requirements.
He/she also maintains the physical upkeep of the stock room by ensuring that labels for properties are posted, and that properties are stored in the right locations, and all receipts processed in a timely manner.
A warehouse logistics specialist also focuses on distribution activities which can be in the form of a warehouse-to-warehouse transfer of goods and properties, or distribution to a retail point or depot.
When distribution requests are submitted by a requester or a customer, it is submitted via computer to the warehouse or stock room area, indicating the distribution request details, such as the item, the quantity, or identification or stock number of the item.
The warehouse logistics specialist job description also entails ensuring that the requested goods are selected and shipped or transported to the requester.
It may also involve inventory management, which relates to the process of collecting information on items that are in stock; properly identifying items and fixing issues related to their quantity, identification, and part numbers.
It is the responsibility of a warehouse logistics specialist to create a schedule in which he/she performs the inventory by physically counting and identifying the items in the warehouse or stockroom. This is mostly done as a result of problems such as item shortage or stock number problem.
In addition, a warehouse logistics specialist also focuses on record maintenance, which refers to the process by which the logistics specialist loads a new item into the logistical system for identification during the logistical process.
The record must be accurate and detailed, with the correct information for order management, order request, and shipment or distribution.
Individuals who are interested in working as warehouse logistics specialists are required to own a Bachelor’s degree or at least a High School Diploma in the field of logistics or warehousing, with several years of professional experience, and should also have basic knowledge of data entry.
Warehouse Logistics Specialist Job Description Example/Sample/Template
Warehouse logistics specialists perform various functions in ensuring the receipt and storage of properties is carried out effectively and efficiently in the warehouse.
The warehouse logistics specialist job description is commonly made up of the following tasks, duties, and responsibilities:
- Ensuring the proper storage of items or goods stored in the warehouse
- Reserving space allocation for property and items or goods
- Ensuring that labels for goods are updated and accurate and that all goods and properties are stored in the correct location
- Ensuring that all receipts are processed in a timely manner
- Ensuring that requested goods are delivered to the appropriate requester on time
- Properly identifying goods or items and correcting discrepancies related to their quality, nomenclature, identification, or part numbers
- Keeping accurate records of maintenance by physically counting and identifying items or goods in the warehouse or stock room
- Keeping accurate and detailed records and ensuring that information or details about goods or items are correct.
Warehouse Logistics Specialist Job Description for Resume
If you have previously worked as a warehouse logistics specialist or are presently working in that position, you can apply the job description example above in describing your work or professional experience in your resume if you are making one for a new job.
The sample warehouse logistics specialist job description presented above has the right duties and responsibilities for the role that you can adopt in making your resume’s professional experience section if you have worked or are currently holding that position with a company.
Warehouse Logistics Specialist Requirements – Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities for Career Success
If you are seeking the warehouse logistics specialist job, you need to know that recruiters will want you to fulfill certain requirements to qualify to access the position.
This is usually a necessary condition prospective candidates must meet to be considered for an interview, to enable the recruiter find only people who can effectively perform the purpose, obligations, and objectives of the warehouse logistics specialist role.
Shown below are major requirements, which applicants for the warehouse logistics specialist position are typically expected to meet by most recruiters:
- Self-management and organizational skills which enables a warehouse logistics specialist to maintain his/her composure and still work effectively under pressure. This also enables him/her to endure long hours of work since the job is hectic and open for long hours of the day
- A sound educational background which requires a warehouse logistics specialist to be equipped with a Bachelor’s degree or at least a high school diploma
- Well developed oral and written communication skill which enables him/her to interact efficiently and also maintain healthy relationships with staff, customers, and clients, vendors, and the upper management such as the operational supervisor
- Sound computer literacy skill which requires a warehouse logistics specialist to be familiar with several important and useful software. Besides, he/she must be able to operate a computer since distribution requests are made via computers.
If you are a recruiter, employer, or HR manager looking for the best warehouse logistics specialist to hire for your organization, you will need to make and publish a description of the job to help individuals who are interested in the position to learn about the duties and responsibilities they may be assigned to them if hired.
This will enable them to self-assess themselves to be sure that they will succeed on the warehouse logistics specialist role in your organization.
The warehouse logistics specialist job description sample provided above will help you to make a detailed description of the role.
The information on this page is equally beneficial to individuals interested in the warehouse logistics specialist career who want to increase their knowledge of the duties associates with the job.
Did this article help you learn about what warehouse logistics specialists do? Please, leave a comment in the box below. You may also share your job description if you work as a warehouse logistics specialist.
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.